Pal-Pal Stealth on hold due to invalid EIN - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-01-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Pal-Pal Stealth on hold due to invalid EIN

I have a question regarding this same subject. I have both an E-bay and Pay-Pal Stealth account. The pay-pal account was put on hold until I gave them an SSN or EIN #.
I was afraid If I gave them either they would block me anyway due to my name not matching the stealth account, so I made one up. It lasted a couple of weeks, but now it's on perm hold with no access to funds up too 180 days.
What can I do? My e-bay account is still active if that helps at all.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2015

Activity: 37%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Pal-Pal Stealth on hold due to invalid EIN

Did you get a email saying you got suspended?

If you did and it says your money is held for 180 days there should be a reason why and if its because of supplying a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ EIN number or S.S (not sure which one you did) then I highly doubt you can do much.

I don't know if you'd call it identity theft if its "made up" but its defiantly not wise to supply any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info in regards to ACTUAL legal matters. Doing stealth isn't illegal because were not working under verified names but if you try to with a social or business name and its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ thats a government issue.
Old 08-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Okay, but if I put my own SSN # or get an EIN #, these #'s wouldn't match up to the name on either Pay-Pal or E-bay account. So wouldn't the account be suspended for that as well?
Do you know if I can get a new Pay-Pal stealth account and add it to the same E-bay account that is not suspended. Or can I add ProPay instead?
Thank you for your help!!!
Old 08-04-2015

Longevity: 72%

If you go over the 20K, name on stealth and PP must match or when they send the 1099 to the IRS the government will kick it out and this will happen.

Your only hope might be to get an ein in a business name, such as "jack flash the business guy" and change the name on the EB and PP to match. That way everything will be the same.

You're probably out of luck, though, having been limited like this.

BTW, if the number you 'made up' passed verification, it's active and belongs to somebody, and using it is almost certainly identity theft. Don't do that any more.

In a practical sense, though, your accounts
Old 08-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you for responding. No, I didn't go over 20K but had over 200 smaller transactions. No I wasn't trying to do anything wrong, just buyers were e-mailing me saying they were tying to pay and couldn't because of the Pay-Pal hold. But now my Pal Pay account is closed completely so hopefully getting another Pay Pal account soon and will try getting an EIN that won't get me flagged on Stealth. I appreciate your knowledge and help!!!
Old 08-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%
Question Re: Pal-Pal Stealth on hold due to invalid EIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburke253 View Post
Thank you for responding. No, I didn't go over 20K but had over 200 smaller transactions. No I wasn't trying to do anything wrong, just buyers were e-mailing me saying they were tying to pay and couldn't because of the Pay-Pal hold. But now my Pal Pay account is closed completely so hopefully getting another Pay Pal account soon and will try getting an EIN that won't get me flagged on Stealth. I appreciate your knowledge and help!!!
PayPal locks accounts to prevent users from going past the 20k or 200 transactions so they don't get in trouble with the IRS for those accounts without a Tax ID on file.

In past years accounts would be locked from receiving funds and closing the account. In past years normally the PayPal was reinstated the next year at the end of Jan or Feb after 1099k were sent out.

Because you chose to supply a phake EIN I would guess the account is probably done.

That's why we preach having multiple stealth accounts and spreading sales across them especially for US accounts.

Unfortunately due to this 20k/200 transaction it has made some of us make changes what we sell and how we do business.