Refund request from customer on Amzon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Refund request from customer on Amzon

Hello, having a problem with a customer on Amazon she bought an item 27 July I sent it same day USPS first class tracking shows it was delivered on July 30 (without signiture confirmation ). She says she never got it and wants a refund I offered a replacement like I always do but the bitch just wants a refund should I open a case on amazon ? account is stealth around 3 weeks old
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Refund request from customer on Amzon

Are we talking about an expensive item? Because if it is expensive, then you should have requested signature confirmation. It is the only way to protect yourself.

If the item is not expensive, then you should probably just give her the refund. Because Amazon will most likely issue her a refund. If the buyer claims they never received the item, then the seller normally has to take the loss because there is no way to PROVE that she got the item. It could have been delivered to a neighbor by mistake. Or if UPS left it on the porch, it could have been stolen. And she COULD BE a scammer who never had any intention of actually paying for the item. But no matter what the scenario, Amazon is all about the customer experience and they almost ALWAYS side with the buyer, giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Is it worth it to bring scrutiny on your account? My suggestion would be to issue the refund and move on.
Old 08-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Unfortunately Your wasting your time, without Signature confirmation you are in a NO WIN situation, NO matter what the tracking information shows, BOTH Amazon AND Ebay will give the buyer a 100% refund, its sad, but that's TRULY the way it is
Old 08-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

I have this problem before. Even the tracking information said "delivered to an individual at the address"

Contact Amazon seller support and they said the seller have to responsible for the item till buyer received it. Even with the signature required, item still may be delivered to a wrong address.

I used to do the following step because all my item ship by USPS Priority Mail

- Record all the item information with picture (Serial Number if you can)
- Ask buyer to check with family member or whomever live at the same address
- Ask buyer to contact their local post office to report missing item. If the buyer want to scam you, they wouldn't do this because the local post office actually send someone out to retrieve the item if it was delivered to the wrong address.
- Call USPS 1-800 number yourself and report a missing package.
- Let the buyer know that you have insurance for the package and they need to sign a USPS form that they didn't received the item so the USPS will investigate with it and you will send out the replacement after buyer sign that form

If buyer is a scammer, they will run away far far and never look back
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
Productions (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Usually in these situations I end up eating it. It sucks especially with Amazon because they kill you fees so hard it makes eBay look cheap.