Necessary to make LLC sound like a name? & is EIN verification match to DBA possible? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-23-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Necessary to make LLC sound like a name? & is EIN verification match to DBA possible?

Is it necessary for creating Amazon Stealth accounts to make LLC business name sound like a person's name? Like "John Doe LC", and do you put that in the first name (john) and last name (Doe LC) when registering for a seller account? Is it necessary to make it sound like a name - rather than let's say "Autoparts Store LC" - does amazon want you to put a name rather than a business name? Since it's an LC my ein should match the name "John Doe LC". And I take it that the "lc" in the end is important in order for the ein to hit an exact match when amazon tries to verify ein right? For example "John Doe LC" will pass verification and "John Doe" will not pass verification?

Also, one last question - for ein verification match... none of my business DBA would match right. For example, John Doe LC "Doing Business As" (DBA) Ray Smith --- if Ray Smith was filed, and a new ein was made, is there a way to make that new ein match "Ray Smith"? Or is there no way to assign an ein to the filed DBA because it will always try to match with the actual company "John Doe LC" and it can't match any officially filed dba. Is that right? Or is there a way to have an ein match a dba when amazon enters the ein to verify.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Necessary to make LLC sound like a name? & is EIN verification match to DBA possi

Lots of posts about LLC and DBA on the forum - using one that sounds like a name can help - I don't think it will influence verification per say since it seems more automated....
Old 07-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Necessary to make LLC sound like a name? & is EIN verification match to DBA possi

ZERO relationship from you company name to yours.
Most are mine are as such: ABC sales LLC and AXT69 Marketing Corp or Surplus Liquidation INC and PPC Trust

Just ideas. Not many reason to have a company in your name. Bobs Discount Furniture is an exception for an example.
Old 07-24-2015

Longevity: 51%

its all about automated matching from the system so you can pay taxes on earned income received bruh
Old 08-04-2015
Threadstarter  

No I mean does Amazon care if you are not using your name at all. If they want you to use a real person's name, my thinking was to make your LLC sound like a name so it might avoid putting your account under review.

So I guess - does Amazon care if you are filling the "name" field with your business name? Like for example:

First Name: ABC
Last Name: Liquidation LLC

vs... if they did not want people hiding their names under a business name... then make it sound like a person:

Name: John
Last Name: Doe lc

Which will pass the EIN verification for the company "John Doe LC" and also might not make the Amazon gods flag our account since it looks like a real person's name.

So does Amazon not care if you are filling in the first and last name field with your business name and not a real person's name?
Old 08-04-2015
Threadstarter  

And do we actually need to include the "LLC" tag of our business in the end to receive a good match when amazon checks if the EIN is a match?

If company is ABC Liquidation LLC

Will this be a good automated match if it's filled out like this:

Name: ABC
Last Name: Liquidation

Or will that fail the match check.
So in that case I would have to fill it out like this:

Name: ABC
Last Name: Liquidation LLC
Old 08-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

I dont think you understand what an EIN is?

An EIN is an IRS given tax number(Employer Identification Number=EIN) and is the equivalant to an SS for tax purpouses.

It has NOTHING to do with you, your name or Amazon.

Amazon is going to ask the IRS one question and that is, "Does this EIN match this Business" and the IRS will reply with YES or NO.

Pick whatever name you want for your company and personally, I would not use a persons name for a company unless I wanted to Brand and market that name AKA: Bob's Discount Furniture.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
dg.queens (11-27-2018)
Old 08-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Yes I have an EIN for one of my LLCs.

My concern was with Amazon itself. Are they OK with us hiding behind our business name? They ask for contact info and ask for "first name" and "last name." My assumption is that they assume we will provide a name of a real person somewhere in the sign up process right? That's why I was thinking if they do require a real person's name somewhere, then it might be best to make your LLC sound like a name for stealth account creation purpose. So not even "Bob's Discount Furniture" but more like "Bob Smith lc". So on the Amazon sign up form you can make it sound like you are giving a name of an actual person instead of a business. For example:

Amazon Seller Sign Up
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Smith lc

Instead of--
First Name: Bob's
Last Name: Discount Furniture LC

And then my concern is if never supplying a name of a person will make Amazon ask for extra documents or put my account under review.

I hope that makes it a bit more clear about what I was asking.

And also is Amazon OK with having them use a Business Name e.g. "Bob's Discount Furniture LC" for payment disbursements into the checking account or do they want a real person's name like the owner of the business itself? I'm sure there's no issues of using your business name at the moment, but I just want to avoid any future issues if Amazon is expecting a person's name. And if that's the case then that's another reason for making the business name sound like a person's name e.g. "Bob Smith lc" to help slip under Amazon's radar.

Thanks

Last edited by Productions; 08-05-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Your good.

EIN ends at the LLC amazon is not going to know who owns the LLC
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Productions (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Ok so amazon doesn't care if I enter a business name for everything that asks for "First name" and "Last name"?

In the Amazon Ghost ebook it says to make your LLC sound like a person's name for this reason I think. Just so that it sounds like a person when you are filling out those fields for Amazon.
Old 08-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

YOUR name and the company name is NOT related. Just like most other business in the world.
Home Dept does not sound like someones name. Target and Best Buy and Burger King, Kmart, Sports Authority, EMS, Speedway, Honey Farms, United Parcel Select, Fedex, Global Fitness etc...

If you are worried about the name, just make one up.
Joe Riley or Samantha green or maybe Samuel Smith

You can be up and selling on Amazon in less than 10 minutes with adding tax information right off if you choose and then later add the tax information when required at the 50th sale.

Last edited by yankee; 08-07-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Yes those businesses don't sound like names but they are not trying to create Amazon Stealth accounts either lol. I was under the impression that Amazon doesn't like it if they never see a real person's name at all. So if someone hides behind their business name "Home Dept LLC" by filling in the "first name" field "Home" and last name "Dept LLC." Is Amazon OK with that?

Or are you saying to fill in the "first name" field with some made up fictitious person's name like "Samantha" first name and last name "Green" and then just use the business name for payment disbursement and also use the business name for the tax info? Is that how you do your accounts?
Old 08-11-2015

Longevity: 53%

Does amazon ask for ID on LLC business accounts for reviews?
Old 08-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Productions View Post
Yes those businesses don't sound like names but they are not trying to create Amazon Stealth accounts either lol. I was under the impression that Amazon doesn't like it if they never see a real person's name at all. So if someone hides behind their business name "Home Dept LLC" by filling in the "first name" field "Home" and last name "Dept LLC." Is Amazon OK with that?

Or are you saying to fill in the "first name" field with some made up fictitious person's name like "Samantha" first name and last name "Green" and then just use the business name for payment disbursement and also use the business name for the tax info? Is that how you do your accounts?
I am saying, NO your LLC does not have to sound like a stealth name.
Use whatever name you desire.

Personally I open personal accounts and old add the EIN when required

Last edited by yankee; 08-12-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-15-2015

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I am saying, NO your LLC does not have to sound like a stealth name.
Use whatever name you desire.

Personally I open personal accounts and old add the EIN when required
I created llc with ein number and i need some advise.
On the tax interview they ask you business name and after your first and last name.

on the tax interview should i add my real name on the first and last name or can i add the company name ( that sound like a name) on the first and last name field.
IF i add my real name ,which was suspended, on the tax interview will this cause my account to be banned?

this is not clear to me
I need to sell in a category where its required to be professional seller so i need to do the tax interview

Last edited by pomp; 08-15-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

When Amazon verifies information with the IRS, there are two different sets of information they send. If you enter an SSN, they will verify YOUR INDIVIDUAL NAME against the SSN. If entering an EIN, they will verify the BUSINESS NAME against the EIN.

You cannot use an EIN in place of an SSN. They are NOT interchangeable. Because they are two separate databases.

The way to do this is to set up a stealth account with a stealth user name. When Amazon requests the Tax ID information, you choose the EIN option and input your EIN and company name into their Tax Interview page. That way, the IRS will be verifying that the EIN belongs to your business name, like "FAT CAT SALES, LLC" for example. The interview process asks for your actual name, but this is just to fool people into thinking it will be verified against IRS records. But the IRS does not work that way. The IRS could care less about stealth, or Amazon's security needs. The IRS has one job and one job only, and that is to administer the tax system and collect taxes. So you could put ANYTHING in that field and the IRS will never even see it. It is kind of like PayPal, when you go the the "withdraw to your bank account" page and it tells you that your PayPal name and the name on your bank account MUST match exactly for the withdrawal to succeed - it is not in PayPal's control, it is up to the bank. And we all know that PLENTY of banks don't care.

In your example above:

First name: Home
Last Name: Dept

That will not work. Because Amazon would be sending the name "Home Depot" to the IRS, which will try to find a match between the EIN and the name "Home Depot" but it will only be searching the SSN database.

I hope this is not too confusing.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (01-28-2020), cast76 (09-02-2015), dg.queens (11-27-2018), galigusso (09-05-2015), glacier922 (09-05-2015), mademanalex (09-01-2015), Productions (09-02-2015)
Old 08-31-2015

Longevity: 53%

Thanks, Jeffweico. That clarified it for me. I wasn't sure if they verified the name or not. I can put any name under first name/last name if using a business LLC with an EIN as the IRS won't match it with Amazon. I just need to put the real business name under the business name section that matches the EIN it is registered to. I figured Amazon put that just to try and link people. They should just let people try again if they went to all that trouble and only if they abuse the system again then block them. Even convicted felons get "second" chances, amazons policy is super strict permanently banned for lifetime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Superfly101 For This Useful Post:
Productions (09-02-2015)
Old 09-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Yeah thanks JeffWeico. This tip is really helpful that we can put whatever name for the name part And your explanation clarified it for me as well.
Old 09-14-2015

Longevity: 49%

jeffweico tips not working at all! i tried to go through tax interview couple times with accurate business name and ein number but with a made up name on the name line however amazon still gave me the same message " it doesn match irs records"
i wonder if it is because my ein registered as a sole prop?