Buy from my own affiliate links, got banned after a few months, what's wrong? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Buy from my own affiliate links, got banned after a few months, what's wrong?

I usually buy around $4k from amazon each month, so I thought that if I create an affiliate account and buy from that account affiliate links I can save a few hundred bucks a month, which is a lot.

So I bought a new ipad, set up a brand new affiliate account with different name and address, put the affiliate links on my website, and I used my main account on my laptop to purchase from these links. The ipad was on mobile network all the time, and my laptop was always connected to wifi so the ip address was different.

At first it went really well, I got paid 3 times by the program, but suddenly yesterday I received an email from amazon said that my account was suspended because I used my own aff links to purchase.

Can someone tell me what have I done wrong? How did they link those 2 account?

And will the Amazon Ghost guide help me with this issue?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Buy from my own affiliate links, got banned after a few months, what's wrong?

It was easy to Amazon to know that you clicked your own affiliate link. Why?

1. Because it is only you click that link and made a purchased
2. The purchased rate too high
4. There are lot of more reason to link you.

You are lucky that you already got 3 payment, they should shoot you down with-in the first 10 days.

The affiliate site should have people around the country click on it. If 10% of those click converted then that is a good site already. I bet your convert rate is above 75%
Old 08-09-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Buy from my own affiliate links, got banned after a few months, what's wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post

You are lucky that you already got 3 payment, they should shoot you down with-in the first 10 days.

The affiliate site should have people around the country click on it. If 10% of those click converted then that is a good site already. I bet your convert rate is above 75%
Tony is exactly right. I did the idential thing a few years back. Too high of a click through rate that resulted in conversions...initiated by the same buyer, raised a red flag
Old 08-09-2015

Longevity: 62%

Amazon Ghost will help you and this happened to me a few years ago.....I believe the issue is amazon's system can detect your mac address on your computer so they know its you regardless of cookies and ips
Old 08-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke View Post
Amazon Ghost will help you and this happened to me a few years ago.....I believe the issue is amazon's system can detect your mac address on your computer so they know its you regardless of cookies and ips
MAC address do nothing with this.
Old 08-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post

I see, my conversion rate is abnormaly high indeed
I do have a software that generate real clicks from multiple places around the country. So now I'm thinking of making 3 new buying accounts + 1 affiliate account (with different computer, name, address... ofc) and spread sales evenly between those, while keeping the conversion rate below 5% with the software.
Do you think that will work?
Old 08-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I do have a software that generate real clicks from multiple places around the country
This is another big NO here. Do you think you can beat the giant affiliate company?
Old 08-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrael View Post
I see, my conversion rate is abnormaly high indeed
I do have a software that generate real clicks from multiple places around the country. So now I'm thinking of making 3 new buying accounts + 1 affiliate account (with different computer, name, address... ofc) and spread sales evenly between those, while keeping the conversion rate below 5% with the software.
Do you think that will work?
Spread out over multiple stealth accounts doable?
Old 08-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Spread out over multiple stealth accounts doable?
With the click generate software? heheheee good luck
Old 08-10-2015

Longevity: 53%

Very high conversion rate is the reason. You need 100s of accounts, that will click on links, and only a couple of them should buy, otherwise they will see that you buy from yourself.
Old 08-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Is the affiliate etc...worth the effort compared to conventional sales and energy producing real business?

It seems very small for all the effort and maximum risk. Am I missing something?
Old 08-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Is the affiliate etc...worth the effort compared to conventional sales and energy producing real business?

It seems very small for all the effort and maximum risk. Am I missing something?
No it's not a risk at all to me. I'm not an amazon seller, I'm a buyer and I bought a lot from amazon each month. So if this works, I'll get some bonus cash, if it's doesn't then so be it.

And about the software, I've been using it for a few years for SEO purpose with great results.

What it does is very simple: every users share links/websites/fb pages which they want them to be viewed, then leave the software running. It will automatically open firefox browser then views the links/sites/pages that other people shares, while they views mine.

So when other people view my site, they will do the following: search google for my site -> click on it -> click on my amazon affiliate links -> click a random link on amazon website then exit. All that will be done automatically by the software and count as one view, and all the views will come from 2k current active users across the country.

I think that looks pretty natural, I'll give it a go and updated this thread if I have any results
The Following User Says Thank You to tyrael For This Useful Post:
Productions (08-12-2015)
Old 08-10-2015

Longevity: 76%

AMZ will know you use your own aff link for purchase cause return customer will not comeback to buy from affiliate link.
You'll need new account , new billing and shipping address, new credit card everytime you make new order, or AMZ will know .
Old 09-22-2015

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrael View Post
No it's not a risk at all to me. I'm not an amazon seller, I'm a buyer and I bought a lot from amazon each month. So if this works, I'll get some bonus cash, if it's doesn't then so be it.

And about the software, I've been using it for a few years for SEO purpose with great results.

What it does is very simple: every users share links/websites/fb pages which they want them to be viewed, then leave the software running. It will automatically open firefox browser then views the links/sites/pages that other people shares, while they views mine.

So when other people view my site, they will do the following: search google for my site -> click on it -> click on my amazon affiliate links -> click a random link on amazon website then exit. All that will be done automatically by the software and count as one view, and all the views will come from 2k current active users across the country.

I think that looks pretty natural, I'll give it a go and updated this thread if I have any results

What software is this? Looking for something that will be able to increase a webpage's view count / visits. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks
Old 09-22-2015

Longevity: 53%

Basically you cannot beat amazon, you will win an odd battle but never the war. Thousands of people have to buy from your affiliate to dilute your purchases. It will never happen. And whats the saving's a few percent, not worth the effort. Just to be cynical, say an order never was never received , far bigger discount.
Old 09-24-2015

Longevity: 50%

your situation has nothing to do with your seller's account.
Amazon affiliate department SUSPENDS AFFILIATES who buy from themselves. They will do a review of your affiliate account, and when they see you have one customer...who is YOU! they will suspend.
Their suspension e-mail would have stated that you need to sell to others, not let your "friends and relatives" use your link