Portable browser & possible linkage considerations - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-11-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Portable browser & possible linkage considerations

Going to be using portable browsers and I just want to confirm that we don't need to open up different user accounts if we are using a portable browser right? We just assign one fresh portable browser per each stealth account?

And can all the accounts use the same portable browser? Anyone have any problems doing that? I'm probably going to have different portable browsers (chrome, firefox, different versions, etc.) for each account. But I was just wondering if that was found to be an issue (using the same but fresh/clean portable browser with accounts)

Also does amazon have a way of seeing the directory like:
C:/users/YOUR PC USER NAME/Desktop/PORTABLE BROWSER

I'm just wondering if "Your Pc User Name" tag would somehow be a field that they can find out from the browser and thus link the accounts... since if we don't switch out to a new user account, all the portable browsers will be tagged with the same "Pc User Name." Any input on this? If this can cause possible linkage?

So a workaround to that which Im thinking of doing would be to put the browsers all in a USB and not in the desktop. So USB would look like:
D:/FIRST STEALTH ACCOUNT FOLDER NAME/browser
and then when done with that account you can close the brower and on the same USB you have another accounts folder
D:/SECOND STEALTH ACCOUNT FOLDER NAME/browser
So all my accounts will be in that one USB.. like if I have 10 accounts, I'll have 10 folders each with a portable browser in that USB.

That sound good?

Last edited by Productions; 08-11-2015 at 11:25 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Portable browser & possible linkage considerations

depends what portable browser you are using
Old 08-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Which portable browsers should we avoid?

And which browsers are most recommended for stealth?

I originally planned to just download a variety of portable browsers... so chrome, maxthon, safari, firefox, etc. that are all portable and assign it to an account. BUT, I read the description on Maxthon's portable browser and it looks like that that browser and perhaps others might not be suitable for stealth accounts.

I was just looking at different portable browser options at The Portable Freeware Collection - Latest entries

It mentioned about Maxthon "dynamically viewing Internet Explorer-only pages with your installed version of IE and showing modern web pages in the same engine as Safari/Chrome." So I'm interpreting this (and correct me if I'm wrong) that if 2 stealth accounts using their own fresh maxthon portable browser, since it uses the OS ie-explorer that it possibly may share or leak some of the same cookie and flash info thus putting the account at risk.

So this may limit choices on browsers? To say firefox portable. But then the thing not covered here is that if all of my account is using the same but separate firefox portable, I am facing the issue of possible browser fingerprinting. There hasn't been an issue with browser fingerprinting through using the same exact browsers with people yet, but I'd like to cover all my basis. Even if people are creating separate user accounts but using the same exact install of browsers and having the same OS install connected with that browser then through browser fingerprinting that turns up as possible linking.

Your thoughts?
Old 08-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 81%

I have a lot of accounts with Chrome portable, never had a linkage problem
Productions (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks sax4, nice to know.

But I was just doing more research about browser fingerprinting. It looks like the more unique your browser (plugins, etc) then the more you are separated from the masses and uniquely identifiable.

I was just thinking the masses don't use "portable browsers" and so it would be easier to browser fingerprint my accounts as being unique should Amazon ever choose to really tap into fully using that technology (if that don't already) to link accounts.

The conclusion I got after reading all of this, is the safest way is to get a Virtual Machine software and install basic OS for each account. Also there's this thing called "sandboxing" that some VM has the option of which basically takes a snapshot of your initial set up and every time you log off from your VM it returns back everything to that snapshot point. So all installs, ads, malware, plugins, flash, cookies, java, etc. are all erased and everything is restored back to original point.

Also you should change timezone if you are using an address other than your area. As browser fingerprinting you can see the time and timezone. So if you are saying your account is in New York, browser fingerprint will show the real time on your desktop so if you're in California it will show this timezone. So easy to work around this is to have each VM account matching the address timezone if its different.
Old 08-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I use IE and Google across different user accounts - works fine for me
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Productions (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015

Longevity: 53%

Productions: you are getting to heavy buddy, amazon DON'T use browser fingerprinting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
Productions (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

He is worries too much

All my accounts using FF portable on the same PC, same Windows user
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
Productions (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015
Banned

Quote:
Productions: you are getting to heavy buddy, amazon DON'T use browser fingerprinting.
Browser fingerprinting is a broad term, any website uses a form of identifying a user, it's a matter how much they do it.
Old 08-12-2015

Longevity: 62%

So ff portable good for both amz & e bay?
Old 08-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Browser fingerprinting is a broad term, any website uses a form of identifying a user, it's a matter how much they do it.
Maybe, but the simple answer to the question, "amazon don't use any form browser fingerprinting to link accounts. amazon don't track your MAC address also"
Old 08-12-2015
Threadstarter  

I did research and found that Amazon does browser fingerprint. Lol here's it from their own website under privacy (underlined for extra emphasis):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.com

Automatic Information
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Sellers ; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call our 800 number. We may also use browser data such as cookies, Flash cookies (also known as Flash Local Shared Objects), or similar data on certain parts of our Web site for fraud prevention and other purposes. During some visits we may use software tools such as JavaScript to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes.
You might be getting away with it... for now. But apparently Amazon is browser fingerprinting. And why wouldn't they, the technology is out there and it wouldn't be too hard for Amazon to do.

Last edited by Productions; 08-12-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2015
Threadstarter  

It says also that they collect data about what platform we are on. Platform means our computer hardware. How does amazon get that info? (It can also mean or include the operating system but that was already mentioned). Maybe they actually do see the MAC address as "the MAC address generally identifies an aspect of the host hardware like the network interface card." Or maybe not. But just a thought. I think I'll be taking an extra minute to try and use SMAC from now on to change my MAC address, I mean it's quick...if I can figure out how to get it to work lol as it didn't change my mac last time I tried and checked online.
Old 08-12-2015

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

productions - if using windows 7 and above, only certain number of the MAC can be changed and SMAC is not the best for this in auto mode.
Old 08-12-2015

The above is nothing new, that is why we use a different user account's on our PC's, different IP's etc. Just out of interest how long have you been selling on amazon and how many account's do you have. If they track your MAC address me and many others would have been deleted a long long time ago.

IMO, I would just follow the guide, omit MAC and start selling and use your energy to make money rather researching what is not needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (09-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015
Banned

MAC can only be seen if you install a software on your computer, browser alone will not cut it.