Vanilla Credit Cards problem for multiple buyer stealth accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-12-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Vanilla Credit Cards problem for multiple buyer stealth accounts?

I know they don't work for seller's account.

But will be creating a lot of buyers account (for promoting my product and ranking), will vanilla or other gift credit cards pose an issue? How does Amazon even know that it is a Vanilla Credit Card anyway? Is it they have an automatic feature that detects this type of bank issuer. Should i just steer clear from Vanilla Credit Cards even for buyer accounts?
The Following User Says Thank You to Productions For This Useful Post:
ampersand (02-22-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Vanilla Credit Cards problem for multiple buyer stealth accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Productions View Post
I know they don't work for seller's account.

But will be creating a lot of buyers account (for promoting my product and ranking), will vanilla or other gift credit cards pose an issue? How does Amazon even know that it is a Vanilla Credit Card anyway? Is it they have an automatic feature that detects this type of bank issuer. Should i just steer clear from Vanilla Credit Cards even for buyer accounts?
Any credit card processing company know exactly what card you have? what type? which bank?

Why don't you buy an Amazon gift card for your buyer account instead?
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
Productions (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 57%

Ok yeah I was thinking of buying gift cards. But I thought it might be too suspicious if let's say I'm trying to promote one of my new product releases and I have a 100 customers (my stealth buyer accounts) who left reviews on my product and all bought it with gift cards. Amazon actually stated in their policy that you may give people a free product but that we are not allowed to give them gift cards to make the purchase. So I'm sure that may potentially raise a flag. I want to at least mix up the gift card purchases witth some credit card ones.

Another option that I want to look into is to check the Banks if they have a service on their card where from our account we can generate a one time use credit card number for use online. Do you think Amazon would know that these are one time use credit card numbers generated?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2015

Longevity: 65%

Vanillas for buyer accounts won't be an issue. But if you're giving yourself a lot of feedback and each one of those accounts that buys an item and leaves a feedback, is the only thing the account does -- it wouldn't be very hard to see what's going on. Spread out the accounts you make, and make sure all the stealth details are solid. It would be wise for each stealth buyer account, to purchase other cheap items / leave feedback for other sellers as well. Try to make each account as different as possible to avoid any issues, and don't go too overboard

It's a risky move on your end, but if the feedback that leads to sales/growth is worth it then

Last edited by elmo; 08-12-2015 at 04:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
Productions (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Ok yeah I was thinking of buying gift cards. But I thought it might be too suspicious if let's say I'm trying to promote one of my new product releases and I have a 100 customers (my stealth buyer accounts) who left reviews on my product and all bought it with gift cards. Amazon actually stated in their policy that you may give people a free product but that we are not allowed to give them gift cards to make the purchase. So I'm sure that may potentially raise a flag. I want to at least mix up the gift card purchases witth some credit card ones.

Another option that I want to look into is to check the Banks if they have a service on their card where from our account we can generate a one time use credit card number for use online. Do you think Amazon would know that these are one time use credit card numbers generated?

Thanks
There is not 1 solution for your 100 buyer account theory Hard to do it by yourself with out getting trouble with Amazon. There are some Amazon service that do review and feedback out there just use a big G to find them.

Or head over BHW forum, I saw a BST thread there.

Good luck with your 100 buyer accounts way
Old 08-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
How does Amazon even know that it is a Vanilla Credit Card anyway?
Because the first 6 digits of a credit card number identify the issuer and the industry type. This is true of both Visa and Mastercard.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Productions (08-12-2015)
Old 08-13-2015

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Or head over BHW forum, I saw a BST thread there.
Have a link? I searched for a while, couldn't find it.
Old 08-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Amazon Ascension

I'm not associate with them, not an affiliate or work with them in anyway. I don't know them. Just see their BST from BHW

If it is break the rule here, please just delete it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
miketyson (08-13-2015), mjstallion (08-14-2015)
Old 08-14-2015

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
That is just a paid review group, and there are tons out there.

The problem is you're giving away free product, so it doesn't work with high ticket items unless you wanna blow a lot of money.