PP ask for ID - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-23-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Question PP ask for ID

Hello everyone,

I created an eBay and PP account following the steps in the book. Both are stealth accounts. Now PP is asking for additional information including my social. But I can not enter it otherwise the account is going to be suspended.

I was thinking about buying something already set up from the members listed in the forum Marketplace.

My question is: should I buy only a PP account and link it with my eBay account or buy a package eBay + PP?

Thank you for your advice.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-23-2015

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: PP ask for ID

You would need a new eBay and Paypal account. Buying just a Paypal account by itself and trying to link it to a previous eBay account will not end well. The new Paypal account would get limited too, eventually.

To run a successful stealth account, you never want to mix and match info and/or accounts.

Now, is Paypal asking because you reached (or are close to/on pace to) reach either 200 transactions, or $20,000 in yearly sales? That's a different kind of limitation and it's not account-ending as long as you get an EIN from the IRS.

However, if it's a limitation due to them being suspicious about you - either the types of payments you received, being linked to another limited account, or something similar - then it would likely be best to find out exactly what went wrong, and start over.
Old 08-23-2015

Longevity: 50%

Please let me know how soon the SSN request came. I'm wondering if paypal is starting to request it of pretty much all the new accounts now, just like the other guys do, or if there's a good chance of avoiding an SSN request with best practices. (I.e., not reaching the 200 / 20,000 limit. I have a suspicion the OP hasn't reached that limit, yet.)
Old 08-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbluto View Post
Please let me know how soon the SSN request came. I'm wondering if paypal is starting to request it of pretty much all the new accounts now, just like the other guys do, or if there's a good chance of avoiding an SSN request with best practices. (I.e., not reaching the 200 / 20,000 limit. I have a suspicion the OP hasn't reached that limit, yet.)
PayPal can ask for anything at any time, If your pushing $3,500 - $4,000 a month then PayPal will be asking for the info pretty soon. This is based on "Projected" Sales". People need to stop assuming there's only 1 specific time PayPal will ask for the info.
Old 08-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Hello everyone,

I never used this PP account. I just linked it to an entropaid account.

The reason "We noticed some unusual activity on the credit card linked to your PP account"

Then PP is requesting the following documents:
- photo id
- credit card statement
- proof of address
- and ssn
Old 08-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

heres what i woke up to this morning

Aug 22, 2015 Confirm your bank accountConfirm your bank account to help confirm your identity. Waiting for your response Resolve
Aug 22, 2015 Confirm your credit cardTo confirm you are the credit card owner, we'll charge a small amount to your credit card. After you confirm the amount, we'll credit your PayPal account for the amount charged. Waiting for your response Resolve
Aug 22, 2015 Confirm your credit cardTo confirm you are the credit card owner, we'll charge a small amount to your credit card. After you confirm the amount, we'll credit your PayPal account for the amount charged. Waiting for your response Resolve
Aug 22, 2015 Photo IDTo help confirm your identity, please send us a copy of your photo ID that shows your name and address. Waiting for your response Resolve
Aug 22, 2015 Bank Account StatementTo confirm you're the bank account owner, please send us a copy of your latest bank statement that shows your name, address, and complete bank account number. Waiting for your response Resolve
Aug 22, 2015 Credit Card StatementTo confirm you're the credit card owner, please send us a copy of your latest credit card statement that shows your name, address, and complete credit card number. Waiting for your response Resolve
Aug 22, 2015 Credit Card StatementTo confirm you're the credit card owner, please send us a copy of your latest credit card statement that shows your name, address, and complete credit card number. Waiting for your response Resolve
Aug 22, 2015 Proof of AddressTo confirm your address, please send us a copy of a bill that shows your name and address. Helpful documents include a utility bill, a cell phone bill, an insurance bill, or a tuition bill. Waiting for your response Resolve
Aug 22, 2015 Provide InvoicesPlease confirm that you own the merchandise you're selling. Helpful documents include copies of sales receipts, itemized lists of goods sold, and original bills of sale. Invoices must show date of purchase, name of wholesaler or supplier, a description of the items sold, quantity of items purchased, and the amount you paid for the merchandise. We will handle your information in accordance with our privacy policy. Waiting for your response Resolve
Aug 22, 2015 Supplier Contact InfoPlease provide your supplier's phone number and address to confirm the origin of the goods that you're selling. We will handle your information in accordance with our privacy policy. Waiting for your response Resolve
Aug 22, 2015 Provide Proof Of SSNProvide documentation that shows your Social Security number. Helpful documents include a copy of your Social Security card, a pay stub, or a government-issued document. Waiting for your response Resolve
Old 08-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

photoshop is your friend
Old 08-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

can anyone point me in the right direction other than photoshop to get this taken care of would appreciate any help thanks using windows at the moment mac is out of commission so no mac please thanks
Old 08-25-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Holy **** paypal acct limit lifted i thought that acct was toast u dont need to give everything just some things and make sure u handle all your disputes quickly with tracking thats all they really careed about holy crap i cant believe it!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2015
MU

u dont need to put that info
Old 08-26-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpizzl View Post
Holy **** paypal acct limit lifted i thought that acct was toast u dont need to give everything just some things and make sure u handle all your disputes quickly with tracking thats all they really careed about holy crap i cant believe it!!!!!!
Can I ask why you believe they limited you?

I believe it really depends on the types of disputes that are opening. This probably wont work if your selling high risk vero items.
Old 08-26-2015

there are other ways of verification besides using your SSN....
Old 08-26-2015

Longevity: 52%

So you were asked for the following 4 things- VThen PP is requesting the following documents:
- photo id
- credit card statement
- proof of address
- and ssn

I have yet to see the solution to this and have yet to run into this myself, but have wondered. We're saying to use photoshop to make a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID, cc statement and possibly the proof of address, too? What about the ssn?
Old 08-27-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBoi View Post
So you were asked for the following 4 things- VThen PP is requesting the following documents:
- photo id
- credit card statement
- proof of address
- and ssn

I have yet to see the solution to this and have yet to run into this myself, but have wondered. We're saying to use photoshop to make a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID, cc statement and possibly the proof of address, too? What about the ssn?
doubt anyone can pass the ssn test ...unless theres some hidden market I dont know about
Old 08-27-2015

Longevity: 53%

SSN can be passed only via black market tools. Acc is a toast.
Old 08-27-2015

Longevity: 88%

Ask one of the sellers and they will help you with the docs.
Old 08-27-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpizzl View Post
photoshop is your friend
Has anyone actually photoshopped an ID and gotten away with it? Im sure they check info and it definitely wouldnt match up....also could be fraudulent...seems best to just run under the radar to just avoid all these requests
Old 08-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowclothingco View Post
Has anyone actually photoshopped an ID and gotten away with it? Im sure they check info and it definitely wouldnt match up....also could be fraudulent...seems best to just run under the radar to just avoid all these requests
This is an interesting perspective.

Problem is that it is not always possible to not be asked for ID. Almost any soft paypal limitation will ask for an ID.

So for me, I would need literally a thousand or more accounts selling modestly to be able to possibly stay under any paypal request.

My new strategy it to get the request sooner than later. I very much prefer them to only ask for an ID that a SS and Proof of one.