Anyone notice after a successful PayPal phone call - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Anyone notice after a successful PayPal phone call

Anyone notice after calling Paypal, if the phone call goes in your favor, it seems like the account is able to take a little more abuse for some time?

For example:

Payments above $60 were 21 day held in your account. You called and had them released. And now payments of $60+ are going into your account without any holds or anything?

Ive seen this happen. It seems like right away theres a good amount of breathing room for transactions and it slowly caps back to where it was. Or where you are building it to.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-09-2008

Longevity: 89%

At first each transaction of mine was getting held. The transaction amount was just shy of £300 each time. A few would get held and others would be fine.

I recently introduced another item on ebay which totals to £45 including postage. have been selling between 10-30 a day. i noticed that they held the first 4 payments and the others havnt been held since. Im not sure if you have noticed this but no more then 4 payments stay on hold at any 1 time.

This maybe what i have noticed with my account and could be different to others. If you have also noticed this then please let us know.
Old 12-09-2008

Longevity: 95%

Usely i have holds on every item i sale but i have 2 new paypals+ ebay accounts and none of the money is begin held. I think its cause of this time of year christmas and all and they don't want to piss off a bunch of sellers.
Old 12-09-2008

I just opened a new paypal and only the first two of my first 12 payments were held..
I don't know but I aint going to complain
Old 12-09-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairah View Post
Im not sure if you have noticed this but no more then 4 payments stay on hold at any 1 time.

This maybe what i have noticed with my account and could be different to others. If you have also noticed this then please let us know.
Perhaps we could have some people verify this.
Old 12-10-2008

Longevity: 90%

This is what I did and might be a good idea to you. Everytime When you first start selling on each new ebay with your new paypal account, dont sell expensive stuff at the beginning. What I did is to move slowly(still list nearly everyday though but only list cheap stuff), sell cheap stuff e.g. used DVD, other used stuff in your house at for £1-£10 (or even something cheap you can find in a local shop). They will hold your money at sometimes with in a month (this is what happened to every new account of mine). They will hold your money for 3-5 items. After that I will list more expensive stuff at £50, then £100 then £300 (if I have but I dont normally sell the expensive stuff to avoid the fraud). Then paypal never hold the money again. So you dont need to worry about being lost money to scam buyers.

In case you sell pricey item and get hold, what I suggest you to do is to send the item by special delivery. They will need a recipient signature to deliver the item so you wont have a problem.

However, you still need special delivery (the one with recorded) everytime you sell pricey item.

ps: again, like sairah, mine might be different from others. but above was what happened to a few accounts of mine.

Last edited by citypark; 12-10-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Old 12-18-2008

I had a buyer do a bank reversal against me. I now have the funds for that sale on hold in my account. They are asking me to provide additional info, but they don't say what exactly I should provide. I emailed them for an explanation, and they said they cant see it, and advised calling. I went to call the customer support 1-888 number, but it asks for the last 4 digits of my social to proceed. I didn't think giving your social was ever a good idea, so now I'm stuck. I obviously want the hold lifted, but I don't want to give my social. How is everyone making their phone calls without giving this info? Am I using the wrong number or something?
Old 12-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

just scream AGENT! thats what i do lol
everytime they make a request, i just say agent, trust me it works
Old 12-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
just scream AGENT! thats what i do lol
everytime they make a request, i just say agent, trust me it works
That same screaming into the phone can be heard from my desk every time I call Paypal.
AGENT
AGENT
AGENT
Old 12-23-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 91%

What is this agent?
Old 12-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
What is this agent?
agent |ˈājənt|
noun
1 a person who acts on behalf of another, in particular
• a person who manages business, financial, or contractual matters for an actor, performer, or writer.
• a person or company that provides a particular service, typically one that involves organizing transactions between two other parties : a travel agent | shipping agents | a real-estate agent.
• a person who obtains information for a government or other official body, typically in secret : a trained intelligence agent | KGB agents | an FBI agent.
2 a person or thing that takes an active role or produces a specified effect : agents of change | bleaching agents.
• Grammar the doer of an action, typically expressed as the subject of an active verb or in a by phrase with a passive verb.
ORIGIN late Middle English (in the sense [someone or something that produces an effect] ): from Latin agent- ‘doing,’ from agere.
Old 12-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^LOL .. best way to break it down

AGENT
AGENT
AGE -- coughs**
AGENT
"WHERE'S MY WATER!!"