PayPal device question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-30-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default PayPal device question

I recently purchased a new mac book pro. I have an ebay and paypal account that i use under a VPS which i pay monthly for. I've never logged in via anywhere else but VPS. Im switching my IP address so I can login to both accounts via the macbook only. Using VPS is a pain in the ass. But when i started using the macbook i logged in to chrome using my email from my PC so it has record that i was using another paypal account. Should I just use mozilla to log into those account and stay away from chrome? Im not sure they can trace all that on another machine. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-30-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: PayPal device question

Can you describe a bit more detailed? Can't see a clear picture.
Old 08-30-2015
Threadstarter  

I thought it was pretty clear........

I purchased a macbook pro, i plan on logging into the paypal and ebay aco**** i have that i only use a VPS to login (via a PC) But on the macbook pro i logged into my chrome account (its linked to gmail) and it shows my old paypal email and password (chrome saves your info) is it safe to log in to paypal and ebay even though its a new machine and IP? or should i use firefox in order to avoid them being linked?
Old 08-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

You can use a new device (Mac) and new IP BUT your going to need to build up cookies and browsing history on your new Computer before doing anything like withdrawing money, trying to list too many items.
Old 08-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
You can use a new device (Mac) and new IP BUT your going to need to build up cookies and browsing history on your new Computer before doing anything like withdrawing money, trying to list too many items.
The ebay and business account is over a year old lol. Its under my real LLC and business name. Ive already withdrawn a couple thousand dollars. I was concerned about google chrome saving old details and paypal can see that. But you're saying i should be okay

Last edited by RichardCard82; 08-30-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2015

Longevity: 64%

Seems like you're worried about Chrome's sync feature where it saves your information across devices once you're "logged in" to Chrome, right?

Paypal won't know about you just because you have old saved log in information. However, if Chrome sync carried over other things like history/cookies then that would be a problem.

Either way, you can just clean Chrome/your computer to get rid of those things and be safe. CCleaner, or do it manually. Don't forget about flash cookies. Create a brand new user account if you must. Treat this like you're creating a brand new account to eliminate all problems.

As far as running the account goes, follow MM78's advice. The account's age doesn't matter. Logging in to a brand new device (especially when you've always logged in with a different one for the life of the account) with a new IP and then suddenly trying to withdraw and/or list items has a good chance of tripping up security measures from both Paypal and eBay. So you'll want to build cookies and history before doing anything major on the new device.
Old 09-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
Seems like you're worried about Chrome's sync feature where it saves your information across devices once you're "logged in" to Chrome, right?

Paypal won't know about you just because you have old saved log in information. However, if Chrome sync carried over other things like history/cookies then that would be a problem.

Either way, you can just clean Chrome/your computer to get rid of those things and be safe. CCleaner, or do it manually. Don't forget about flash cookies. Create a brand new user account if you must. Treat this like you're creating a brand new account to eliminate all problems.

As far as running the account goes, follow MM78's advice. The account's age doesn't matter. Logging in to a brand new device (especially when you've always logged in with a different one for the life of the account) with a new IP and then suddenly trying to withdraw and/or list items has a good chance of tripping up security measures from both Paypal and eBay. So you'll want to build cookies and history before doing anything major on the new device.
Thanks for the advise, Well the macbook had never logged into any paypal, and its brand new. I just logged into chrome and yes it did have an old paypal email and password saved but i never logged into it. Im only using that ebay/paypal account on that macbook, i was just concerned about chrome sync