Where to buy paypal VBA with CC? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Where to buy paypal VBA with CC?

So, yesterday, I sought to buy a paypal VBA. I thought this would be extremely easy, right? Just search around, find a few providers and evaluate their offerings and select the best one. Well, until I tried to pay for it. Almost no one accepted paypal (The one person who did had a suspended account) and absolutely no one had a way to pay using credit cards, and there was one that "sort of" offered a way pointed me to skrill, which was god awful in that it required me to upload passports and utility bills just to pay with my credit card (I don't have utility bills, so that's obviously not happening). Wow, that's ridiculous.

(Btw, I caution anyone using google. Almost all I found used metabank, banned by paypal, even when it said "US Bank" on the image. You could tell looking at the account number - almost everyone had the same metabank account number.)

So, it seems that these paypal VBAs exist, but hardly anyone accepts paypal and/or credit cards. Am I looking in the wrong places? I thought I could use coinmama.com to buy bitcoins w/ a credit card and do that, but that's a near 15% fee on credit card use. I know merchants only get charged ~3%.

I'm trying to understand - do merchant account providers ban these sort of sellers or something? I know paypal does, but surely there's merchant account providers other than paypal that allow sell of digital goods/currency?

Last edited by swbluto; 08-31-2015 at 01:13 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2015

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Where to buy paypal VBA with CC?

Are you talking about the sellers on this forum?
Old 08-31-2015
Threadstarter  

There's only one seller on the forum who offers a paypal VBA, and I'm buying from him though it seems I still can't use my CC directly. I'm talking about everyone else on the web.
Old 08-31-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbluto View Post
There's only one seller on the forum who offers a paypal VBA, and I'm buying from him though it seems I still can't use my CC directly. I'm talking about everyone else on the web.
There is more than 1 VBA seller. Please check out the seller section:

eBay Accounts for Sale - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums
Old 08-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Checked it out and I stand corrected: There's two. There's one selling a VBA for $25, and another selling a VBA for $10. The $10 seller insists on bitcoin and doesn't seem to like paypal and the $25 VBA seems a bit too expensive. I'm sure if someone paid me $25, I'd somehow find the effort to open one more bank account somewhere, online or down the road.

I'm guessing that's what VBAs are: Someone opens a bank account at a bank that accepts mismatch names, and offers their services. Opening a US bank account, however, is a little tricky since you need a SSN for one. However, I believe they sell those in russia somewhere.

Edit: Actually, found three and the third had pretty reasonable prices. Still seem to be running into the same "Doesn't accept credit cards", only bitcoin,webmoney,etc. wall but he hasn't responded yet, so I'll know soon enough.

Last edited by swbluto; 08-31-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Checked it out and I stand corrected: There's two. There's one selling a VBA for $25, and another selling a VBA for $10. The $10 seller insists on bitcoin and doesn't seem to like paypal and the $25 VBA seems a bit too expensive. I'm sure if someone paid me $25, I'd somehow find the effort to open one more bank account somewhere, online or down the road.

I'm guessing that's what VBAs are: Someone opens a bank account at a bank that accepts mismatch names, and offers their services. Opening a US bank account, however, is a little tricky since you need a SSN for one. However, I believe they sell those in russia somewhere.

Edit: Actually, found three and the third had pretty reasonable prices. Still seem to be running into the same "Doesn't accept credit cards", only bitcoin,webmoney,etc. wall but he hasn't responded yet, so I'll know soon enough.
Webmoney is not accepted in the US. I tried opening a account with them, they tracked my US IP address, and said, "no".
Old 08-31-2015
Nephilim

Longevity: 0%

They don't accept due to the risk the sellers has to go through. You can either chargeback or file a dispute with no protection for the seller. That is why very few accept CC or PayPal as an option.
Old 08-31-2015
Threadstarter  

The seller responded with a paypal price about 50% higher than the bitcoin/webmoney/etc. price. Might as well just pay the 15% penalty to buy bitcoins at coinmama.com. There was another 'exchange' site I saw that had a seller selling at the exchange rate, might entertain that.

Last edited by swbluto; 08-31-2015 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

someone get this guy a wipey
Old 08-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

I dont understand the problem here. If its that big an issue for you just open your own bank accounts.
Or offer to pay using Western Union/Moneygram - quick and not overly expensive.
There are solutions out there. The question is how keen you are to find them and to make this happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-31-2015)
Old 08-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

No mainstream merchant account processor will allow you to accept credit cards if they know you are selling VBA's and VCC's. MAYBE a high-risk processor would take a chance on it. And many forum sellers have been burned by taking PayPal - three weeks later they get hit with a chargeback, so they are understandably hesitant to accept PayPal.

Bitcoin is a nice option, but they are hard to get immediately. If you need them immediately, you would have to find a local bitcoin trader, perhaps on localbitcoins.com - each person sets their own rates. You can expect to pay between 5% and 30%. It all depends on the area you are in and how much competition there is. The fewer the sellers the higher the price.

Coinbase.com charges 1% when buying Bitcoin, but they have a verification process. You don't just sign up and buy. Well, you CAN, but the amounts are limited until you can prove your identity to them.

PayPal is a little bit stricter than most merchant account providers regarding what you can sell, but not by much. Most processors have a fairly long list of things that cannot be sold using their services. They charge between 2% - 3%. High Risk processors will allow you to sell many things that others won't, but the fees are much higher - between 5% - 10% and even then, they have rolling reserves. This is because most of the prohibited items are known to cause issues with chargebacks. And these guys aren't doing anything wrong, they are just protecting themselves. It is just like buying a car - if you have 20 years on the job and a consistent history of paying your bills on time, then you will qualify for the rates they advertise on TV - like the $249 per month leases for the nicer cars. But if your credit history is just average, with some late payments and you have only been at your job for a couple of years, your payments for that same car will probably be like $350. And if you have bad credit, you are going to pay credit card rates - 18%+ Why? Because they know that each group of people will have a certain percentage that default, so they have to cover themselves for the inevitable losses. That is just the way the system works.
Old 08-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What do you want to pay? seriously, what price will you be happy with?

Quote:
LOL, Why are you assuming that these VBA's are being opened illegally? This is the 3rd post I read from you talking about what VBA's "Could be" or "How they are opened". Look, NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL YOU how they are opened, capish?

Quote:
Stop with the Credit Card, you either accept their payment formats or don't bother.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
Someone get you a bullet proof vest, because you never know when you might need one!
Old 08-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Meh, I just assumed it was an ordinary thing to buy online, not some completely illegal shady good to buy like it seems they are treated as. Meh, I assumed wrongly. I guess it's an everyday criminal good to buy, likely due to their criminal origins.
Old 08-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
What do you want to pay? seriously, what price will you be happy with?
I don't really care about the /price/ per se, I just don't want to feel like I'm getting ripped off unless there's a good reason for it. Apparently there is - It's an everyday risky criminal good kind of thing, which totally explains it.

P.S. I'm joking, I just found out it's quite easy/legal/cheap to create VBAs having learned the method myself. Now I don't have to pay those crap black market penalties.

Last edited by swbluto; 08-31-2015 at 11:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to swbluto For This Useful Post:
stealthbro (09-11-2018)
Old 08-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
PayPal is a little bit stricter than most merchant account providers regarding what you can sell, but not by much. Most processors have a fairly long list of things that cannot be sold using their services. They charge between 2% - 3%. High Risk processors will allow you to sell many things that others won't, but the fees are much higher - between 5% - 10% and even then, they have rolling reserves. This is because most of the prohibited items are known to cause issues with chargebacks. And these guys aren't doing anything wrong, they are just protecting themselves. It is just like buying a car - if you have 20 years on the job and a consistent history of paying your bills on time, then you will qualify for the rates they advertise on TV - like the $249 per month leases for the nicer cars. But if your credit history is just average, with some late payments and you have only been at your job for a couple of years, your payments for that same car will probably be like $350. And if you have bad credit, you are going to pay credit card rates - 18%+ Why? Because they know that each group of people will have a certain percentage that default, so they have to cover themselves for the inevitable losses. That is just the way the system works.
That would be completely understandable, in that it's a good that attracts a criminal element and thus the illegitimate chargebackers among them, which ends up jacking the price up on them for everyone. Man, the criminals out there suck balls.
Old 08-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

VBA's are NOT criminal. They are like anything else. They have legitimate uses and uses that are not so legitimate. Just like XBMC/Kodi - it is a GREAT tool for organizing your movie library. But pirates also love it because of the streaming capabilities. That does not make the good itself shady. It just means that some people abuse it. Or, like pain medication. Some people really DO need it to control their legitimate pain. But others become addicted and abuse it. Opiates are not bad drugs, they work very well when used properly. But it is the people using it IMPROPERLY that make it difficult for everyone.
Old 09-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Speak to sellers on the "Accounts for Sale" section
Old 09-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Apparently he doesnt need to speak to anyone because now he has figured out how to create his own VBAs. Good job. Guess we can now close this useless thread down.
Old 09-01-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Someone get you a bullet proof vest, because you never know when you might need one!
COME AT ME BRO!
Old 09-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
P.S. I'm joking, I just found out it's quite easy/legal/cheap to create VBAs having learned the method myself.
Good for you......

Quote:
Now I don't have to pay those crap black market penalties.
Black Market Penalties? WTF are you talking about? are you on some medication?
Closed Thread