Paypal problem to upgrade to a business account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Paypal problem to upgrade to a business account

Hi everyone, I received an email from paypal to provide ssn or EIN for my stealth for tax purposes by the way I only received around $4k on that account in 2015 all money came from other marketplace and when I click to upgrade to a business account to ad an EIN it says "You can't upgrade your account to a business account because it is limited. We'll help you resolve the issue". but account isn't limited I can still receive and send money.It gives an option to create a separate business account do I need to go this road? Can I call them from different phone number? Please help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2015

Longevity: 97%
Default Re: Paypal problem to upgrade to a business account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysuck View Post
Hi everyone, I received an email from paypal to provide ssn or EIN for my stealth for tax purposes by the way I only received around $4k on that account in 2015 all money came from other marketplace and when I click to upgrade to a business account to ad an EIN it says "You can't upgrade your account to a business account because it is limited. We'll help you resolve the issue". but account isn't limited I can still receive and send money.It gives an option to create a separate business account do I need to go this road? Can I call them from different phone number? Please help
I might be able to help you on this as this was a challege for me the past month and took hours of time and research to get around and I consulted with an attorney now I call them w no hesitation whatsoever.

1.) The tax hurdle can vary on where you located and how you file for your company/organization.

2.) Your going to need to insulate yourself, but to let you know PP has a new irs division they say they'll connect you with to verify the EIN so play your cards right...I hope your a fast talker because you need to be..Good luck and PM me if you have any questions don't guarantee I can help but might be able to help out ..once again Good Luck
Old 09-02-2015

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by J dub 1984 View Post
I might be able to help you on this as this was a challege for me the past month and took hours of time and research to get around and I consulted with an attorney now I call them w no hesitation whatsoever.

1.) The tax hurdle can vary on where you located and how you file for your company/organization.

2.) Your going to need to insulate yourself, but to let you know PP has a new irs division they say they'll connect you with to verify the EIN so play your cards right...I hope your a fast talker because you need to be..Good luck and PM me if you have any questions don't guarantee I can help but might be able to help out ..once again Good Luck

Hey J dub, I have the same issue as this thread, I tried to upgrade to business account on paypal and it wont allow me becuase its limited and its limited because i didn't provide my EIN fast enough. I want to upgrade and provide the info but it wont allow me. This seems like a paradox, what can you suggest to fix this issue?
Old 09-04-2015

Longevity: 66%
Send a message via AIM to pre111 Send a message via Yahoo to pre111 Send a message via Skype™ to pre111

After receiving that paypal SSN request email you will be asked to enter your SSN every time you log into paypal There is no way around that. Paypal will give you about a week to enter your SSN and then limit your account.

Also once you receive that first email from paypal asking you to enter your SSN you will also NOT be able to upgrade to a business account to enter an EIN number. Paypal will only accept your SSN number.

I have found a work around for this problem I do not want to reveal anything on this open forum but i did find a way to restore my paypal account after i got the email request asking me for my SSN

And once i restored my paypal account i was then able to upgrade to a business account and enter my EIN that is very easy to get. My stealth paypal is now working 100% perfect.
Old 09-05-2015

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 50%

pre111 do you mind private messaging me? Im a paid subscriber to this forum but it wont allow me to message you. I'd love to have any tips you can provide on this...
Old 11-28-2015

Longevity: 66%

can someone kindly send me a private message let me know how to solve this problem?
Old 09-06-2016

Longevity: 49%

Please PRE111 or others that know how to resolve please private message me!

Thanks,

Steve