seems like half my ebay accounts keep getting suspended. not sure why. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-04-2015
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default seems like half my ebay accounts keep getting suspended. not sure why.

first i feel kinda silly posting this because i rarely have an ebay account suspended so soon.

the last 7-8 accounts i created, 4-5 were suspended shortly after llisting the max 5 items.

2 of those accounts also got a paypal limitation. this has happened over the course of the past week.

i havent changed my methods since i bought Stealth Book back in 2011.

i always create yahoo, then ebay, then paypal through the paypal button in ebays dashboard. and of course erase cookies, use ccleaner, and change ip.

i always list 5 low risk items. usually video games, just to get the phone verification out of the way.

something else ive noticed that kinda worries me is when i use ccleaner random processes start when i try to clean several times. one is thumbnail cache and another i saw only once. would have to take a pic sometime.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: seems like half my ebay accounts keep getting suspended. not sure why.

Members have said that Video games are high risk because they're in the electronics category. I don't think they're too bad though, but that may be the issue.

Are you using different user accounts?

What phone number service are you using?
Old 09-04-2015

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: seems like half my ebay accounts keep getting suspended. not sure why.

Why are you erasing cookies and using ccleaner?!

You're supposed to be using a portable browser or use new windows accounts. No need to keep deleting cookies that's really bad idea
Old 09-04-2015
Banned
Threadstarter  

whats a portable browser? and how do i use new windows accounts?

i use tracfones all the time.
Old 09-04-2015

Longevity: 55%

You've been creating ALL of your accounts on ONE user account since 2011?
Old 09-04-2015
Banned
Threadstarter  

apparently.
Old 09-04-2015

Longevity: 49%

you must be joking..

To create a user account

To open User Accounts, click the Start button , click Control Panel, click User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click User Accounts.
Click Manage another account. ...
Click Create a new account.
Old 09-04-2015
Banned
Threadstarter  

ive tried that in the past. ip address always stays the same. so how does it work? and if i did it that way i would have at least 100+ user accounts. i doubt my desktop can handle that.
Old 09-04-2015

Longevity: 76%

Well you may need to buy a new laptop then to split it. Dont forget business does cost, don't go cheap.
Old 09-04-2015

Longevity: 62%

U change your ip on 100 user accounts just like you do on 1 user account. Change ip always first by phone or mobile device. Wonder if you been using the same ip
Old 09-04-2015

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater View Post
ive tried that in the past. ip address always stays the same. so how does it work? and if i did it that way i would have at least 100+ user accounts. i doubt my desktop can handle that.
Unless your desktop is ancient, you would be surprised at how many user accounts it can have. Just as long as you're not using them all at the same time (you shouldn't anyway - log out when you're done with one), then it can handle a lot I'm sure. My low powered netbook has 50+ UAs on it and is still going strong.

Even if your methods worked a few years ago, you have to keep in mind that both eBay and Paypal change frequently, and if you want to survive, you and your methods must do the same.

It is possible to run multiple accounts from the same user account but you'd have to be really careful and would need to make sure everything is link free. But, since you've lost so many accounts so quickly, I would just suggest going the separate user account route since it's a lot easier.

Yes you won't get a new IP just by creating a new user account. Making a new UA simply means the cookies, internet history, settings, etc are separated from any other UA (be careful of flash cookies though). You have to change your IP another way.

And I would slow down on the item listing, especially if you're doing 5 items all at once right after you create the account. Stick to one, preferably not on the same day, and take things from there.
Old 09-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

There is no limit to the number of Windows User accounts you can have. Each takes up just a few megabytes of drive space. So, the only limitation is the size of your hard drive. Someone said they are limited to like 64,000 - but does that REALLY matter? Nobody needs 64,000 stealth accounts.

For the IP's, I recommend using VPN's for each one. When eBay and PayPal see the same IP address all the time, they have more confidence in the account. Static and Dedicated IP's cost about $10 per month. A small price top pay, if you ask me. Just a cost of doing business.

But what went wrong with your other accounts may have nothing to do with any of that. Something on your system may have changed - it is difficult to tell without seeing your system in person. But you CAN get back in the game - you are not a newbie, you know the drill!
Old 09-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

How are you getting IPs? If I remember correctly from past threads, you were not grasping IPs anyways.

IP come from your internet provider. Phone, broadband, mifi and then other options such as a VPN.

Your computer and user accounts or cccleaner has nothing to do with IPs.
Old 09-04-2015
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
U change your ip on 100 user accounts just like you do on 1 user account. Change ip always first by phone or mobile device. Wonder if you been using the same ip
i dont know for certain but im using an at&t modem and in order to change my ip i unplug it for 8 minutes and plug back in and refresh. i get a new ip about 80% of the time. but my ip pool is tiny. i think there is about 30-50 ips and im lucky if i get a new one.

also i use IPBurger to check what mine is. i have been doing it this way for 4 years with very few problems so i must not be making too many errors.
Old 09-04-2015
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
There is no limit to the number of Windows User accounts you can have. Each takes up just a few megabytes of drive space. So, the only limitation is the size of your hard drive. Someone said they are limited to like 64,000 - but does that REALLY matter? Nobody needs 64,000 stealth accounts.

For the IP's, I recommend using VPN's for each one. When eBay and PayPal see the same IP address all the time, they have more confidence in the account. Static and Dedicated IP's cost about $10 per month. A small price top pay, if you ask me. Just a cost of doing business.

But what went wrong with your other accounts may have nothing to do with any of that. Something on your system may have changed - it is difficult to tell without seeing your system in person. But you CAN get back in the game - you are not a newbie, you know the drill!
thanks for the encouragement jeff (fat cat). no way is ebay taking me out of the game. i got plenty of backups on hold.

i have only ever used a VPN once or twice. they were free vpns. so most likely they were the heavily abused ones.
Old 09-04-2015
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
How are you getting IPs? If I remember correctly from past threads, you were not grasping IPs anyways.

IP come from your internet provider. Phone, broadband, mifi and then other options such as a VPN.

Your computer and user accounts or cccleaner has nothing to do with IPs.
i forgot to ask but.. if i dont delete cookies and do log into a different account wont i be flagged? maybe not immediately but ebay would notice eventually.

i remember the book saying to always delete cookies and use ccleaner to clean files.
Old 09-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater View Post
i forgot to ask but.. if i dont delete cookies and do log into a different account wont i be flagged? maybe not immediately but ebay would notice eventually.

i remember the book saying to always delete cookies and use ccleaner to clean files.
You are missing a lot of the aspects of stealth.

If you have the guide, I would reread it.

EVERY account has a different user on your PC and you almost NEVER delete cookies.

EVERY account should have a different IP and try to NEVER cross IPs
Old 09-04-2015

How you managed your way for 5 years is a miracle.. till now anyway.