Ebay Suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 09-21-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Ebay Suspension

Hi,

This is my first post

Ive been selling pieces of handmade furniture on ebay sine June 2015, It was going really well until I became unwell and fell behind on deliveries, I have had only 2 negative feedback but had a number of cases opened for item not received, I had informed customers about the delays and most were ok with this and cases were closed when they received their items, the others were refunded in full

Without warning Ebay has indefinitely banned me from selling! This is my only source of income as due to the same illness which caused this I lost my job of 8yrs last November, I have appealed it and have explained to ebay the may be in breach of the Equality Act 2010 as my illness is classed as a disability

I don't know what my chances of reinstatement are maybe I should go down the stealth route?

Thanks,

Srm
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2015

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Ebay Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm1973 View Post
Hi,

This is my first post

Ive been selling pieces of handmade furniture on ebay sine June 2015, It was going really well until I became unwell and fell behind on deliveries, I have had only 2 negative feedback but had a number of cases opened for item not received, I had informed customers about the delays and most were ok with this and cases were closed when they received their items, the others were refunded in full

Without warning Ebay has indefinitely banned me from selling! This is my only source of income as due to the same illness which caused this I lost my job of 8yrs last November, I have appealed it and have explained to ebay the may be in breach of the Equality Act 2010 as my illness is classed as a disability

I don't know what my chances of reinstatement are maybe I should go down the stealth route?

Thanks,

Srm
The only thing you can try to do to salvage this account is to call eBay, ask to be put through to limitations department. Then ask them to speak to a Supervisor. Be sure to "read" the person who you are speaking to, if it feels like they are not helpful then hang up and call again later.

There are a few helpful eBay supervisors, there is small chance they can help. However you must really make them feel sorry for you, dont try to tell them that they are breaching rules, acts etc. They dont care about that.

P.S. I never forget the statement from one of eBay supervisors... it went along the lines of "I understand your account has 100% positive feedbacks and zero disputes raised against you since you started trading, but your account has shown signs of behavior which is similar to that of uses who caused us problems in the past, therefore it is indefinitely suspended."
Old 09-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 86%

Thanks for the response

If I was to buy an ebay account am I able to start selling straight away?
Old 09-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Stop feeling sorry about yourself and your situation.
I say this in a best possible way, I know its difficult to be in that situation- We have all been there, otherwise we wouldn't be here

Just get the Stealth Book, read a bit and start your own stealth operation.
The time you waste thinking about what has happened and what could of happened is time wasted when it comes to eBay- 99.9999% You'll never get your suspension lifted, its simple as that.
Now take all that anger and desperation and just move on and create stealth accounts and learn a lot.
You could literally be back selling tonight, if you really wanted to- Its that easy.

If you need to get back selling ASAP and you want higher limits and "fresh outta box" account, just contact one of the sellers and they'll hook you up.
I do however suggest you try to create your own as well- Its always good to know how things work in theory and practice on your own, just to get better at it.
Makes stealth theory a bit easier to understand and you can practice and see what suits you and perhaps prepare yourself for the future, if this was ever to happen again.

Protip: Might be worth thinking about how to AVOID the delivey problems in the future. If you might fall ill again and this was to happen again, rest assured that you will be hit with another suspension. Either see how you can perhaps have a backup person for delivery fulfillments or stop sales before you fall ill.

Good luck, you'll be fine.