Anybody get SEARCH and BROWSE Manipulation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Anybody get SEARCH and BROWSE Manipulation

Hi , i got a listing pulled for ......MC018 eBay Listing Removed: Search and Browse Manipulation ... My Rep claimed it is Ebays new sytem tool .. i dont belive it .
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

thats been around for a while. back when i was selling sidekicks i got a few auctions pulled for that

its like selling Adidas and your title is : "new adidas trainers sz 10 jordan reebok facebook" lol
Old 01-05-2009

Longevity: 90%

I got one of those a lil while back on my backup account. I was selling an used subwoofer, my title was "Like New ... Subwoofer." They removed because they claim the words "like new" makes auctions show up when someone searches for new subwoofer.
Old 01-06-2009
Threadstarter  

The funny thin g is it was a item that had been in my ebay store for 3-4 months so i know someone reported me - i just hate when ebay tries to tell me they caught it.
Old 01-06-2009

Longevity: 98%

I had that on one of my accounts where they pulled all my auctions for that but there was no violation, just eBay's bots going crazy and maybe a competitor to blame.
Old 06-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

I had a listing removed for "Search and Browse Manipulation" just this morning. In my case I'm fairly certain it was a bot because it was almost an immediate take down. I had used the word "Like" and dropped some popular keywords in the title. I suppose this means using [blackhat] SEO on eBay titles and descriptions is completely prohibited.

It's a pity because I've noticed that listing several brand names in the title related to my item garners over 300 views and has a higher ROI than using generic titles.

For example, if I were trying to sell a chair, a listing that simply reads "NIB Solid Oak Chair" will not get as many views and sales as one that reads "NIB Solid Oak Chair Ethan Allen Pottery Barn Ikea."

I wonder if the presence of keywords in the "Questions from other members" section of the listing is used by eBay to deliver relevant search results.

If so, it might be possible to ask ourselves questions (using a stealth account) to inject keywords into the listing and remain out of the bots jurisdiction.

Just an idea.

Anyway, has anyone had an account suspended for "Search and Browse Manipulation" yet? I am very curious. eBay has my alert expiring in September. That's a long ways away from now!
Old 06-24-2009

yea I have . . . they will close you down for it - So be careful . . . . after your second warning just stop and do it on another account . . . 3 strikes and your out!

I agree that it totally helps sales like 1000% and 99% of the time its other people reporting you ,,,not bots that remove your listings . . . . although I believe that they just send a bot to remove automatically after you report someone . . . . somehow I doubt that anyone reads the reports and makes a decision I believe its all computerized
Old 06-24-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

yeah just had it happen on one of my accounts. pissed me off I know someone turned me in too. A while back I ignored them and reposted same as always got booted off. so be careful with it.
Old 11-11-2016

Longevity: 42%
Default Re: Anybody get SEARCH and BROWSE Manipulation

Most likely not you, but there are a lot of ebayers that make is a regular practice of ending listings early to relist later either same day, a few days, or a few weeks. Sometimes several times, the same item over and over ended and relisted. The only reason many do is due to search engine manipulation as the ebay search engine is not sophisticated enough to recognize if it is virtually the same item, and just gives it more exposure in their 'newly listed' sort. This is search engine manipulation, or just an unsophisticated ebay search engine?