Can't list a designer item w/o linking to Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Can't list a designer item w/o linking to Paypal

I currently listed an authentic vero designer item successfully via Auctiva. However, when I was about to list the 2nd one, it shows a message under error on Auctiva stating that I need to link Paypal account to ebay account, even after I had checked on Paypal accepted with my Paypal email (but not linked).

Does anyone here sell vero designer items without having to link Paypal to ebay?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

IN order to sell VERO type designer items you MUST have your confirmed and verified Paypal account linked to your eBay account.

This has been talked about MANY times. I have talked about it MANY times.
Do a little research and you will learn more than you might expect.
Try This link:
Search the Aspkins Forum for your answers
Old 01-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 95%

Thank you for your info. Can I just have Paypal account linked to Ebay account but not accept Paypal payment method for that vero listing?
Old 01-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING

We have a Winner
Old 01-08-2009

Default Linking PAYPAL and eBay

I didn't realize that the reason I have been required to link my PAYPAL accounts to my eBay accounts before they let me start listing is because I sell VERO items. So, if I don't sell VERO item's - does that mean that I don't have to link the two accounts? I sell a lot of different things - about half of which are authentic VERO items. I was wondering why the Stealth Book says to NEVER link these two accounts but I could not figure a way around it and still sell. Now I know. I am getting out of selling the items that are VERO'd because my latest problem - besides just keeping all my accounts from being linked - is that eBay frequently removes my listings for trademark violations. I only sell AUTHENTIC stuff. I use my own photo's, I give detailed descriptions, and I offer a 7 day refund policy to stand behind my merchandise because I know that authenticity will never be an issue. It is particularly annoying to have genuine merchandise removed. I usually retake the photo's and relist the item on another account. I currently have about 15 eBay/PAYPAL accounts up and going. I just had one suspended for MC183 eBay abuse violations. This is absurd because I had only used it to make 3 purchases and I had 3 items listed on it. It was brand new. I am 100% positive that I never logged into it without logging onto the correct User Account and changing the IP address. I use Firefox as a browser and GMail for my email account. This eBay account was too new for me to be late paying eBay fees. Still, I get it suspended. What is most frustrating is that I see Sellers on eBay selling obvious counterfeit items like the authentic ones I sell with no obvious problems. I got friendly with one of them and she bragged that she had recently had her limits on the number of listings she can list per month lifted because she was such a good Seller. I mean, her product is so obviously counterfeit that it isn't even funny. I sell only authentic - with 12 photo's of close up proof of authenticity and I get my listings removed or even worse - my account suspended. Is there more to this than is obvious to me?
Old 02-11-2009

Longevity: 91%

I have the same problem, struggling with Ebay accounts selling Vero. All authentic 100%, but still have a problem. It makes me sick to see people freely selling obvious ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and not getting banned.
Old 02-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
It makes me sick to see people freely selling obvious news and not getting banned.
Say what?????
Old 02-11-2009

LOL....selling obvious ⊗⊗⊗⊗...don't know how this "News" thingy got in there....
Old 02-11-2009

ok, must be my computer.. Let me try this again.. I meant "⊗⊗⊗⊗" not NEWS
Old 02-11-2009

wow, here it is again.. the word "⊗⊗⊗⊗" turns out as news after I post, and did type it correctly originally... Unbelievable! Never happened to me before.. Does anyone knows why this happened? I thought I was going crazy for a moment......
Old 02-11-2009

" f a k e"
Old 02-11-2009

it only worked typing f a k e if I put space in between letters....so weird.......
Old 02-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
ok, must be my computer.. Let me try this again.. I meant "newS" not NEWS
Aspkin must have a word filter installed.
That word is commonly refereed to as VERO items.
There are 2 types of VERO items.
True VERO items and Authentic VERO items.

Make sense?

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-11-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-11-2009

I sell authentic designer items like Chanel, LV, Gucci..etc....are those "true" or "authentic" Vero items.. ? Little confused here.
Old 02-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

True AND authentic provided you have receipts from an authorized seller. This catergory is
a difficult one to sell on: the IP owners are vigilant in looking at listings.Therefor a listing
may be withdrawn after a complaint. Does that help?
Old 02-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I sell authentic designer items like Chanel, LV, Gucci..etc....are those "true" or "authentic" Vero items.. ? Little confused here.
When I used the term "true VERO" I meant non-authentic items.
Old 02-14-2009

Thanks, HereWEGoAgain and GreenBean...I started by selling my own stuff, but now I can buy few things here and there and resell for profit. I have a source I can get receipt for some things, but some things I can't. I know it's difficult category, but I know and understand it the best, so I need to struggle until I build up more significant feedback. I hate seeing cheep ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and people scamming other people selling them as real ... BTW, Ebay is still full of ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and sometimes I wish I was Vero myself! I did see few well made " designer inspired" items too (which would be a True Vero, right?) but they did not claim the brand name, so I guess it's OK to sell those as long you are honest what you are selling and never mention the brand name anywhere in the listing.

So now I opened another Stealth account in August and have 5 feedback on it as a buyer. I bought things I needed around house anyway, and am getting ready to start selling on this new Ebay account, throwing in an Authentic-Vero here and there. I opened a brand new telephone land line for this one, but after I opened my PP the other day, PP wants another phone number in order to be able "to reach me in case they notice suspicious activity". The original phone number I used was the number I gave Ebay as "Home" number, so I guess I HAVE TO? add "Work"or "Cell" number for PayPal now? I don't have another number that has not been already used with other accounts, so I am going to have to come up with something before I link this PP to my sellng Ebay account. I didn't know you had to have 2 tel. numbers for PP now right from the get go....They really make it more and more difficult all the time.
Old 02-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Cell phone is a great asset here.
Old 02-14-2009

Yea, will need to get some of those cheep ones, cause my real cell is already with other account...
Old 02-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

I recall in the Phone Verification subforum here, there's a $10 walmart special.Plenty of
cheep phones around.
Old 02-14-2009

Yeap, going to Wall Mart right away. One thing crossed my mind...since I can't list but 1-2 Vero designer items every month on each account...( Really makes me mad, BTW...) What if I type in auction title D i o r, instead of Dior for example.. ? Like I typed here "⊗⊗⊗⊗" and it didn't come up until I typed F a k e..LOL! Is this going to keep auction under radar or I may get in trouble if they catch me doing it...? I don't want those accounts suspended for stupidity, cause I got 15 and 35 positive feedback respectively on those 2 accounts, selling only authentic stuff...
The problems is I just got laid-off because of our "great" economy and am getting unemployment checks every week, but they don't cover my bills...I had an original Ch**** handbag listed on 15 feedback account and another authentic item, that both sold on 10 day auction, both starting with low bids. (BTW, I always get more this way than listing BIN) It got them bid up up to nice amount, but high bidder on handbag was from China with only 4 feedback and never paid for it. I filed report and Ebay refunded my final value fee, but won't let me re-list for another 30 days. First I had to wait full 7 days to file "non-paying bidder report", but than they wouldn't let me re-list .. I am so frustrated! I shipped the other item that sold right away next day and received stellar feedback on it. I wrote to Ebay and kindly asked them to review my account, but they responded to write again in 90 days until I build a little more feedback selling authentic stuff and they will look at it again. How in the world am I supposed to build up good feedback selling my authentic items if they won't let me sell more than 1-2 Vero items every month? They did say I could list other items though and that restriction would not apply there.... I don't have any other items of value I want to part with!
Before I got laid-off I could wait 30 days because I was working, but now I need to sell quicker. So, I am getting ready to start selling on the other eBay Stealth I opened back in August. How great I bought the Stealth Book, followed instructions and have it now handy that I really need it....Ahhhh!