Back in the game! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 01-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Red face Back in the game!

Hi everyone,
Allow me to introduce myself!
I am a former Platinum Powerseller kicked off ebay a few months ago for seller non-performance. Too many 4s out 5s means that you are unworthy to sell according to ebay's standards. Yes, I'm bitter.

I am also looking for a long term solution (as long as possible). My own website is the the design stage now and I need ebay to last at least for 5-6 months by which time my own site should be up and running and generating reasonable profits.

Anyhoo, Im starting back up now, and I have read the Stealth Book as well as browsed the forum but still I have few questions:

1. I have my mother's permission to use her info, but she has the same last name as me and the name is somewhat unusual. Is this OK?

2.I moved last month so I have a new address that I may be able to use with my PP and ebay. HOWEVER, I did change my information with the Post Office for mail forwarding. I used to receive powerseller mail and other random pieces of mail from ebay. If the post office sends them forwarding information to notify them of my new address can I be linked this way?

The reason I am concerned is because when I moved my bank automatically changed the address on my debit cards and account based on the forwarding information. I never alerted them to my new address but they knew... While this was convenient when the bank did it, I need to know if Ebay/PayPal does something similar????

I also have a PO Box. Is it safer to use that address instead? (BTW, I used to live my Mom so her address is unusable)

3)I use Microsoft outlook. I understand that there is some kind of way that ebay can link you through email, but I don't fully understand how this works... If I get a gmail acccount and open through outlook am I OK? What should I avoid as far as ebay emails go?

Ok, thats all I can think of for now. I read the Stealth Book all day yesterday and I plan to get started on everything tomorrow and hopefully be back to selling in 2-3 weeks or so.

Thanks for your help everybody!

BTW, this is a great resource!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

another question: Is there anyway that ebay can surmise who I am from my posts on this site? Other than clues I may give unwittingly?
Seems like a strange question but all this overcover stealth stuff is making me a little paranoid.
Old 02-15-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadoll View Post
another question: Is there anyway that ebay can surmise who I am from my posts on this site? Other than clues I may give unwittingly?
Seems like a strange question but all this overcover stealth stuff is making me a little paranoid.
back to the issue, we all know how exactly what you're feeling right now. Paranoid and helpless.. However, hang in and there read through Stealth Book and you will be making ebay accounts like a machine.

The best enemy is yourself.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-15-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2009

Longevity: 92%

1- I wouldnt use same unusual last name

2- Unknown risk so you better minimize it. You don't need your real address. However may be useful to use a friend's or relative who lives nearby, in case you have to fax some documents later. You sure you read the guide? Clearly says PO Boxes are risky. They are considered scammers tool by eb/pp and they look much more into those than other addys. The workaround is to ask the PO if they would allow you to reffer to it without the word "PO BOX" on it. Such as "#1433 Valley ave. 21" - be sure to test if things arrive first.

3- Experienced users here say Web beacons are not an issue - However as a general rule never click a link from inside such emails. Even if the account is the one you are using now. IE instead of "respond" to buyer you go to Myebay/Messages and answer from there. This will prevent you accidentaly link accounts with a mouse click.

4- No, EB/PP are too busy thinking new rules to steal more $ from us.

Hope you do well X=D