Can Ebay track using PO forwarding address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Can Ebay track using PO forwarding address?

Hi,
Here's a little backgroung info.
I plan on getting started tomorrow on collecting all of the items and info I will need for my new ebay account.
I am trying to set up 1 or 2 long term accounts. I sell non-VERO products and my last account was suspended for seller nonperformance (low DSRs) which I plan to watch more carefully this go round. So,if I do things right I should be able to stay under the radar long term.
For this reason I am trying to use as much real information as possible.

I have searched the forum but I still have a few questions:

1. I have my mother's permission to use her info, but she has the same last name as me and the name is somewhat unusual. Is this OK?

2.I moved last month after my account was suspended, so I have a clean address that I may be able to use with my PP and ebay since I have never used this address before.
HOWEVER, I did change my information with the Post Office for mail forwarding. I used to receive powerseller mail and other random pieces of mail from ebay. If the post office sends them forwarding information to notify them of my new address can I be linked this way?

The reason I am concerned is because when I moved my bank automatically changed the address on my debit cards and account based on the forwarding information. I never alerted them to my new address but they knew... While this was convenient when the bank did it, I need to know if Ebay/PayPal does something similar????

I also have a PO Box. Is it safer to use that address instead? (BTW, I used to live my Mom so her address is unusable)

Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2009
Threadstarter  

*crickets*
Anyone want to comment on this issue? Is it safe to use my address???
I'm getting ready to set up my new account either today or tomorrow so any input would be greatly appreciated....
Old 01-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

hi
using an unusual name is risky, especially if you plan to sell exact same products as before. If your other address is new and you want to use same surname, you can try it, but it would be a shame to lose a clean address, so consider another name or variation it.

Ebay/paypal dont have access to your address through your bank or postoffice, so disregard that.

You can keep a pobox address, if you want, as long as you can change it to office or suite. Its not safer than a new clean address though, you might as well use it and it wont cost you.
Old 01-13-2009

I am on my way to trying to open a new stealth ebay account.
I will use a false address for my new ebay and paypal accounts, is there any way to be able to recieve goods ( buy goods ) and get them sent to my real address,
I was thinking of registering my ebay and paypal account under a false address then changing / adding a primary postal adress later on , when and if my stealth account is solidified to be able to buy, will this work?
Old 01-15-2009
Threadstarter  

That could work. However, I think that it is really best to make as few changes as possible to your account once is up and running. If you have an account working, then I wouldn't touch or change anything on it including address unless it is absolutely nessecary.
It just seems a lot of accounts get flagged when they start changing things.
Old 01-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

do not change stealth address to buying address (your real address)This is your selling account and you do not want to link it.
set up seperate buying ebay/paypal in your address but different name, and only buy on it, post should get to you ok.