Buying a New eBay Account - Please help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Buying a New eBay Account - Please help

Hello All,
My name is Daniel and I am new to this forum. I've done a solid amount of reading on it and am looking forward to contributing to the community.
Along with many of you, I was kicked off of eBay, 3 years ago. I tried creating another account from scratch and eBay busted me.

I recently locked a deal to purchase an eBay account that has unlimited listing cap. They haven't sold on it for a year but used to sell coins. We having 9,000 memorabilia products and are planning on listing them immediately.

We secured a bank account with a different TAX ID, a new PayPal, different name, different phone number (for the PayPal). We are using the original name on the eBay account. I called eBay to confirm that this was fine and they gave me the okay.

I won't be listing any of the products that were on the previously kicked out accounts.

We will be operating on different machines but using the same Wifi Network? Is this okay? If not what would you suggest.

Any advice about how to proceed carefully would be INCREDIBLY helpful.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-29-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Buying a New eBay Account - Please help

Welcome to the forums Daniel .

It is EXTREMELY risky to use an old ebay account with a new paypal, regardless of what the customer service rep says. Proceed with caution. I hope you did not spend too much on the unlimited account.....

Since you already own the account, here are some suggestions:
1- Start very slow, only sell the lowest risk items in the beginning (such as books)
2- Make sure your IP is different
3- Read the ebay Stealth Book to cover all the small details of stealth
Old 10-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielA123 View Post
We having 9,000 memorabilia products and are planning on listing them immediately.
This right here.....can be the death of the account, not sure how much you are going to list but you should go slow....real slow. If the account has not seen action in 1yr and all of the sudden you swamp the account with listings, Ebay is going to flag the account and then problems will arise.

Quote:
We secured a bank account with a different TAX ID, a new PayPal, different name, different phone number (for the PayPal). We are using the original name on the eBay account.
attaching a new PayPal won't last too long. Will someone come along and tell you the opposite, of course so take it for what it is...

Quote:
I called eBay to confirm that this was fine and they gave me the okay.
lol, sorry but Ebay can tell you the sky is green but at the end of the day, they can limit the account. Ebay Reps are clueless most of the time and will tell you what you want to hear but it's up to you how you proceed.

Quote:
We will be operating on different machines but using the same Wifi Network? Is this okay? If not what would you suggest.
I don't know what setup you were running before but I would suggest a VPN...only because it's less complicated.

I would also recommend picking up the Ebay stealth guide, it covers a lot of the basics.
Old 10-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum. Don't use the same WIFI network unless you track for new IP.

All the best with learning stealth
Old 10-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Firstly, thank you everyone for all your insight and help. Definitely saved me.

- What do you mean attaching a new PayPal won't last too long? Should I wait until I switch PayPal accounts?

- Could anyone please quantify starting slow? 1,000 products in the first month?
100?

picking up the stealth guide.
D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
This right here.....can be the death of the account, not sure how much you are going to list but you should go slow....real slow. If the account has not seen action in 1yr and all of the sudden you swamp the account with listings, Ebay is going to flag the account and then problems will arise.

attaching a new PayPal won't last too long. Will someone come along and tell you the opposite, of course so take it for what it is...

lol, sorry but Ebay can tell you the sky is green but at the end of the day, they can limit the account. Ebay Reps are clueless most of the time and will tell you what you want to hear but it's up to you how you proceed.

I don't know what setup you were running before but I would suggest a VPN...only because it's less complicated.

I would also recommend picking up the Ebay stealth guide, it covers a lot of the basics.
Old 10-30-2015

Same wifi device or same ip you will used ?
Old 10-30-2015

Longevity: 81%

Personally I wouldn't do anymore than 10-15 low risk items the first month. And Id scatter those throughout the month.
Old 11-04-2015
Threadstarter  

https://www.dreamhost.com/hosting/vps/

This is a virtual private server basically. It allows to create multiple virtual machines to use online. Pretty much having your own machine to access anywhere and work on it. Intangible laptop you can say

Does eBay recognize this?
Old 11-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielA123 View Post
- What do you mean attaching a new PayPal won't last too long? Should I wait until I switch PayPal accounts?
Let me explain a little slower. You.....Will....Eventually....Get....Limited.....A ttaching....A.....NEW.....PAYPAL.....That......Doe s.....Not.....Match......The.....Ebay.....Account.
Old 11-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Let me explain a little slower. You.....Will....Eventually....Get....Limited.....A ttaching....A.....NEW.....PAYPAL.....That......Doe s.....Not.....Match......The.....Ebay.....Account.
I dont understand Are you saying that I cant use a paypal that doesnt match? Im so confused.

Last edited by BigCJ; 11-04-2015 at 07:31 PM.