Personal Information - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Personal Information

Hi

I was told to upload my Photo ID and utity bills to paypal to verify my account.

May I know after that does they keep a copy of it or they will destory the softcopy?

Pls advise
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Supplied information is kept. Never destroyed. paypal tells you that they destroy papers sent to them BUT it is not true.
Old 01-06-2009

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Supplied information is kept. Never destroyed. paypal tells you that they destroy papers sent to them BUT it is not true.
Not to sound contrary, but how do you know that PayPal keeps info users submit? I would kind of expect that they would (and even that they would lie and say that they don't), but do you know from solid experience or insider knowledge? If so, could you let us know more about your source of knowledge/experience? Thanks!
Old 01-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

If I told you I'd have to kill you.

Not insider information but a lot of practice using/testing paypal. About 4 years ago I spoke to paypal Live chat about deleting a bank account. Kept a record of the chat, details & everything. Deleted that account from paypal records. Let the paypal account pretty much alone, except for a couple of off ebay transactions. In March of this year (a time period of just over 4 years) I decided to put that account number back on paypal. Instant message this number has been used etc etc etc.
I speak to paypal at least 6 times a month every month and have done this
for the past 15 months. paypal have what one might call an official policy which they want you to believe. There is a different policy that works only for them & not us.
There are others here that will know exactly what I mean.

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-06-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2009

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
If I told you I'd have to kill you.

Not insider information but a lot of practice using/testing paypal. About 4 years ago I spoke to paypal Live chat about deleting a bank account. Kept a record of the chat, details & everything. Deleted that account from paypal records. Let the paypal account pretty much alone, except for a couple of off ebay transactions. In March of this year (a time period of just over 4 years) I decided to put that account number back on paypal. Instant message this number has been used etc etc etc.
I speak to paypal at least 6 times a month every month and have done this
for the past 15 months. paypal have what one might call an official policy which they want you to believe. There is a different policy that works only for them & not us.
There are others here that will know exactly what I mean.
Thanks for the informative reply; sounds like you are the next best thing to an actual PayPal insider! However, I'd think that there might be a difference between them retaining necessary information provided in the normal course of business (e.g. bank account number) and the much more personal and auxiliary documentation that they demand when your account is limited (e.g. driver license, utility bills). Does anyone have examples or first-hand knowledge of PayPal keeping these much more personal "identification" documents, or the information from these documents?
Old 01-09-2009

Longevity: 98%

Well if it's been four years, I think maybe PayPal can be convinced the account number has been recycled. It depends on the bank, though, as some banks have regional routing numbers that are per state so it's an excuse if you live in the same area. Other banks have nationwide routing numbers.
Old 01-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Jonas, I have yet to come across a bank in these countries USA,UK or Australia that
recycles a bank account number. It is not a usual practice. And if you are wondering the
basis for this statement, then only a few years of working in the Fraud Department of a
credit card company. (Give you a hint, not good for ebay/paypal)
Not a sound point from you, really.
Old 01-09-2009

Longevity: 98%

Hmmm. I asked one company about this who claimed it was just extremely rare, but does happen. I guess if it ever happens, they might wait 20 years.