You have to wonder? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 10-18-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default You have to wonder?

One of my Romanian business associates sent me this today.

He applied for an Ebay account but they refused it on an issue relating to an old account I don't know the facts but unfortunately it's probably cost them about 250k per year in fees.

If that had been me losing that sort of money I'd have been probably relieved of my duties very quickly or moved to cleaning out the bins where I couldn't do any damage.

I have amended the email slightly to protect identities but the main points are here. Thought I'd share it nothing can be done now but it does go to show what clefts Ebay customer services staff are!

Dear Ebay,

Today I have decided to close my Ebay and Paypal(s) account and take my business elsewhere as obviously you don't feel you need my business.

I am a broker and I had the potential to put at least 300,000 euros business your way each year. That is an estimate based on my trading in Romania it may have been significantly more in UK as you are economically stronger.

The reason why I close this account is due to your policy of checking of information. Apparently my account was linked to another account which was once registered at this address. There are likely to be many Ebay accounts at this address as there are businesses and private accommodations. Your rep advised that she would be contacting the account owner. How long does this take 1 week? 2 week? all the time it's costing me business so I checked with businesses and residents here and no-one knew who owned the account mine was linked to? No-one could guess either

I do appreciate you have to be thorough and respectfully abide by your decision however I do think that you need to apply sense and respect to certain situations. If I say I'm not linked to that account ********* then I'm not linked to that account. I have business registration number and documentation, passport, driving licence, identity papers it could also have been verified with companies house who I was and what I was doing.

Perhaps if your rep had asked me what my business was then I wouldn't be writing this email. However unfortunately she wasn't and I have to move on or lose business. I hope you appreciate my decision

Thank you for your time and not for your poor lack of customer service and understandings of business

Buna seara
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2015

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: You have to wonder?

They don't really lose it though, if theres 10 people selling the same product and they ban the one they think offers the worst customer service or is most likely to scam them then the other 9 just sell more and the buyers are happier. Their business model is obviously to keep buyers happy, high traffic and sellers will come
Old 10-19-2015

Longevity: 64%

300,000 EURO....

That's a drop in the ocean for eBay... I don't think you will get any special treatment until you approach 7 figure revenue regions from running your business.

Also I think someone who has a big enough business will have resources and power to make connections with someone who actually works for eBay ... if they are not doing that then its poor planning.

Last edited by unity006; 10-19-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%

Same old story. Ebay treats their customers like garbage.
That's why we are all here and that's why stealth is the only way to go.
Old 11-06-2015

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithaplan View Post
One of my Romanian business associates sent me this today.

He applied for an Ebay account but they refused it on an issue relating to an old account I don't know the facts but unfortunately it's probably cost them about 250k per year in fees.

If that had been me losing that sort of money I'd have been probably relieved of my duties very quickly or moved to cleaning out the bins where I couldn't do any damage.

I have amended the email slightly to protect identities but the main points are here. Thought I'd share it nothing can be done now but it does go to show what clefts Ebay customer services staff are!

Dear Ebay,

Today I have decided to close my Ebay and Paypal(s) account and take my business elsewhere as obviously you don't feel you need my business.

I am a broker and I had the potential to put at least 300,000 euros business your way each year. That is an estimate based on my trading in Romania it may have been significantly more in UK as you are economically stronger.

The reason why I close this account is due to your policy of checking of information. Apparently my account was linked to another account which was once registered at this address. There are likely to be many Ebay accounts at this address as there are businesses and private accommodations. Your rep advised that she would be contacting the account owner. How long does this take 1 week? 2 week? all the time it's costing me business so I checked with businesses and residents here and no-one knew who owned the account mine was linked to? No-one could guess either

I do appreciate you have to be thorough and respectfully abide by your decision however I do think that you need to apply sense and respect to certain situations. If I say I'm not linked to that account ********* then I'm not linked to that account. I have business registration number and documentation, passport, driving licence, identity papers it could also have been verified with companies house who I was and what I was doing.

Perhaps if your rep had asked me what my business was then I wouldn't be writing this email. However unfortunately she wasn't and I have to move on or lose business. I hope you appreciate my decision

Thank you for your time and not for your poor lack of customer service and understandings of business

Buna seara
so he is expecting to be treated like royalty on assumptions he will make them 300k a year? I dont mean to sound rude but ebay wont listen, if hes so sure of they figures why not direct him to this forum and tell him to buy a high limit account 500items or whatever he needs and go stealth meaning he can still sell on ebay? The door isnt closed for him, you should be telling him that.
Old 11-07-2015

Longevity: 52%

Sounds more like your friend isn't much of businessman thinking of the revenue he is giving up easily rather than just starting again registering at a different address.
300k to ebay is profit they would have made by the time I have wrote this blurb..
Its your friend who needs ebay not the other way round and that the brash fact of things.
Harsh I appreciate the way they work