Email titled "Your selling account is restricted" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Email titled "Your selling account is restricted"

Hello:

I'd appreciate any help here.

I have been selling on ebay since Fall of 2001, 2,250 sales, 99.2% positive feedback. I went though a divorce and forget I had some buy-it-now fixed price listings and once they sold realized I didn't have some of the items (14) to ship any longer so cancelled and refunded promptly. This resulted in a high transaction defect rate but when you take all these away the rate was well under 5%.

Well, On September 1st I received an email to improve my seller performance but that was coupled with a selling limit that I had already exceeded by virtue of $$$ amount sold and number of active listings. So I could basically do nothing. Well then October 1st I get an email captioned "Your seller account is restricted"

"
You can no longer sell items on eBay
Hi Steven,
We want to let you know that you haven’t met the minimum requirements to sell on eBay and your seller level is Below Standard in the US program. As such, you won't be able to list and sell items on eBay anymore.
Selling standards are in place to ensure that sellers deliver a great customer experience to their buyers. They measure whether buyers were satisfied with your items and your customer service.
When you don’t meet the minimum requirements for selling, you are creating experiences that erode confidence and drive buyers away.
If you had any active listings, they've now been ended, and any selling fees paid for those items will be credited to you.
If you've recently sold items that you still need to fulfill or ship, do so promptly. You'll still be able to see any recently sold items in My eBay, send and receive messages, and of course, buy items on eBay.
To see more details on why your seller level is Below Standard, go to your Seller Dashboard."

I wrote an email thriough ebay's form submission program explaining and I got a canned response back

"
Thank you for contacting us in regards to the Below Standard selling restriction on your eBay account.

After an in-depth investigation into your account, we found that the Below Standard status was caused by a high defect rate. In using this information, along with your email, we can confirm that the restriction was placed correctly and will not be overturned.

Please know we took immense care with this review as we understand the impact it has to you, both personally and professionally.

We understand this is not the outcome you were hoping for, but it was made with the entire eBay Community in mind. Furthermore, any additional communication regarding this restriction will not result in the reinstatement of your selling privileges.

For more information about your Seller Dashboard, please visit the following:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller-dashboard.html

http://ebay.com/sellerdashboard

Thank you for the opportunity to investigate your request,

Dan

eBay Leadership Team"

I don't believe my email was fully read.

I am trying to understand how long the restriction is in place for and explain why I think it is unfair given my situation and I have not had any other issues related to my selling activity.

How can I get an answer on the length of resriction and discuss my situation to appeal it? Is there a particular phone number, voicemail tree, of team I ask to speak with?

Since these cancellations took place in August, and the evaluation period is 1 year for a low volume seller like myself, it would be August 2016 before the defect rate goes below the 5%. My children and I depend on this source of income and I'd like to fix this through legitimate channels as soon as possible. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

colosteve
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-20-2015

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Email titled "Your selling account is restricted"

The best resolution for you here is to start reading about stealth and possibly purchasing an account here. Account restrictions due to evaluation are very common nowadays, I have had few lost within last 6 months and I believe you will waste more time trying to appeal, which will result in negative outcome anyway.

It seems like you eventually fell into Below Standard but sometimes on newer accounts they can restrict you on projected %, which is ridiculous. This issue will disappear after February 2016 when their policy will be changed but for now I would suggest you to follow my advice and soak as much information as possible through these forums.

Good luck!
Old 11-02-2015

Longevity: 50%

epimetheus039
What do you mean by this issue will disappear after February 2016 when their policy will be changed because I received same email from ebay?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2015

Im not reading that
Old 11-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - stealth will allow you to return to some operations - spread the risk over multiple accounts
Old 11-06-2015

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 70%

First make sure you confirm that the email matches any messages on eBay, if you also receive in your ebay then you know its true. Next,try and appeal, if you dont win then move on, get a stealth account, start slow and build your way up, in no time (as long as you have the stock) you will have 2,000 sales again. I know its hard to move on from such an aged account but remember its not your account its ebay's account. dont look too much into it, just start again.
Old 11-06-2015

Longevity: 53%

I just spend 1.5 hours talking to various reps over the phone, and was not able to remove a defect, so that is not a good news for one of my accounts as well. These morons buy 1 Eur items, and then open cases and requests in bulks, like I've stolen something from them, without even trying to PM me before to get an instant refund in case if it is defective or something like that. So, basically, you should start building several stealth accounts, as ebay is not giving a ***** about sellers problems. The only remedy - wait until Feb 2016, where they will drop most of their idiotic sources of defects.
Old 11-08-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post
Im not reading that
Hah. You already did.
Old 11-08-2015