Best solution for IP address for multi-users from different locations?Cloud or VPN? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 11-06-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Question Best solution for IP address for multi-users from different locations?Cloud or VPN?

Haven't seen recent updates for IP address strategy for multi-users, or did I miss something?

What is the best strategy if you have a team from different location/country need to log in any time at their choice to do their task? Single desktop wouldn't allow multi-users at same time, right? You need something like server, Amazon cloud or VPN? Some members say Etsy/Ebay can detect your source IP behind VPN by simple flash or javascript code, if that is the case, how can some members using VPN stay safe? Pro and Cons for cloud?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Bring IT On
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Best solution for IP address for multi-users from different locations?Cloud or VP

Could simply get a Fresh IP and use a VPN and then you can share the login details with the team, if using 24vc multiple users can be logged into the VPN at the same time etc from any location. VPN works great for ebay/paypal you just have to pick the right one. Can read more details here:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-ac...-provider.html
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
confusedEr (11-06-2015)
Old 11-06-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Best solution for IP address for multi-users from different locations?Cloud or VP

I have read 24vs, very impressive stuff. So team can log into the VPN from different location, that is good. Those user accounts/stealth accounts sit at your own desktop or at VPN side? Do you need multiple IP addresses at VPN? I feel dump to ask these question, but I can't imagine it. Thanks 123.

Bring IT On
Old 11-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedEr View Post
Those user accounts/stealth accounts sit at your own desktop or at VPN side?
A VPN is just a service, when you sign up you will receive instructions on how to setup the VPN. With that being said, you will setup a User Account on YOUR System....then all you do is follow the step by step instructions on setting up the VPN.

Quote:
Do you need multiple IP addresses at VPN?
I believe 123's VPN is a Static IP, Which means you will get 1 "None-Changing" IP address, which means you can only use 1 Ebay/PP account per IP. So, if you plan to setup 5-6 Ebay/PP accounts, you will need 5-6 Separate IP's from 24vc VPN.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
confusedEr (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Dongles are cost effective too.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
confusedEr (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedEr View Post
I have read 24vs, very impressive stuff. So team can log into the VPN from different location, that is good. Those user accounts/stealth accounts sit at your own desktop or at VPN side? Do you need multiple IP addresses at VPN? I feel dump to ask these question, but I can't imagine it. Thanks 123.
Hi, yes as many people as you wish can login to the VPN from anywhere in the world and multiple people can even use it at the same time! And yeah you would simply make a new user account on your computer for each or use VMware. If you have any further questions feel free to open a support ticket here:

https://m.24vc.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
confusedEr (11-07-2015), TheMatrix (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015

Longevity: 50%

Ive been doing Etsy stealth for the last 6 months. Each account has its own windows user and Private IP. All my team members have the same IP for each Etsy account, we can all log in same time and do what we need to do.
That being said after reading about vpn and have been a heavy Craigslist advertiser in the past I think vpn is better. Etsy/Ebay soon enough will take to the practices of CL. Where CL could actually see into your comp and see the User info, ie type/date/version of browser, cpu/motherboad/date etc. So if your on a VPN it will be the same for all users vs what im doing, sooner or later they will see different user cp info's. Red Flag possibly.

PS Just chatted one of my team members says he uses chrome and uses the incognito preference. Not sure if that would cover it as I know nothing about incognito in Chrome.
Old 11-07-2015

Longevity: 49%

If youre planning on using 10 at a time, 123 would be good. 10 static IPs. Just figure out a way to manage the accounts between your members. Im not sure how Ebay would like seeing 10 different users logging onto the same accounts even if you have the same IP for that account.
But if you plan on using 20 accounts at the same time, you may need to research different methods.

Good luck. Id one day like to have 20 accounts going. maybe 10 ebay, 10 amazon. I need to figure out a better system for myself as well
Old 11-08-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Dongles are cost effective too.

Trying to figure out how to use Dongles for the team. Does every member need to buy the device?

Bring IT On
Old 11-08-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Ive been doing Etsy stealth for the last 6 months. Each account has its own windows user and Private IP. All my team members have the same IP for each Etsy account, we can all log in same time and do what we need to do.
What system you use? Is your team member based at the different location and you have multiple stealth accounts? That is difficult to manage. I can see every one log in same IP address for one stealth account. But how do you manage multiple stealth account for multiple users? Do you use Vmware to manage it? Thanks.

Bring IT On
Old 11-08-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Etsy/Ebay soon enough will take to the practices of CL. Where CL could actually see into your comp and see the User info, ie type/date/version of browser, cpu/motherboad/date etc. So if your on a VPN it will be the same for all users vs what im doing, sooner or later they will see different user cp info's. Red Flag possibly.
I am sorry Matrix, what is CL? forgive my ignorance.

Bring IT On
Old 11-13-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Could simply get a Fresh IP and use a VPN and then you can share the login details with the team, if using 24vc multiple users can be logged into the VPN at the same time etc from any location. VPN works great for ebay/paypal you just have to pick the right one. Can read more details here:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-ac...-provider.html
Do you have IPs for Canada, France, and Japan?
I'm new to this VPN stuff so please bear with me. I have my own internet connection with a Static IP. If I order a Fresh IP from you, I can still use my own internet/IP for none stealth stuffs?. And use your IP only when I sign into the IP for stealth?
Your service is simply providing private IP address for stealth and I do need my own internet or your service includes internet service also?
IF I order 1 IP from you, then I have 2 IPs: my own and your IP
If I order 2 IPs from you ......: I got 3 IPS: my own and 2 of yours and so on...
Is that correct?
Is it OK if I use the same macbook/ipad for different IPs ( your IPs)?
Old 11-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyrefugive View Post
Do you have IPs for Canada, France, and Japan?
I'm new to this VPN stuff so please bear with me. I have my own internet connection with a Static IP. If I order a Fresh IP from you, I can still use my own internet/IP for none stealth stuffs?. And use your IP only when I sign into the IP for stealth?
Your service is simply providing private IP address for stealth and I do need my own internet or your service includes internet service also?
IF I order 1 IP from you, then I have 2 IPs: my own and your IP
If I order 2 IPs from you ......: I got 3 IPS: my own and 2 of yours and so on...
Is that correct?
Is it OK if I use the same macbook/ipad for different IPs ( your IPs)?
Hi, yes most countries are available can find a complete list of the countries available here:

https://m.24vc.com/cart.php?gid=8

And yes you can simply connect when your ready to use it for stealth and disconnect when you dont need to use. Yes you do not lose your regular home ip you still need internet access to use vpn. Yes can manage hundreds of vpns/ips from one laptop.
Old 11-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Hi, yes most countries are available can find a complete list of the countries available here:

https://m.24vc.com/cart.php?gid=8

And yes you can simply connect when your ready to use it for stealth and disconnect when you dont need to use. Yes you do not lose your regular home ip you still need internet access to use vpn. Yes can manage hundreds of vpns/ips from one laptop.
Cool, and if I order an annual plan, "the one time $15 fee to change IP if the account fails" is literrally only ONE TIME? Worst case scenario, What if within that year, the account fails many times? = many time x $15 to change IP? I mean eetsyy is being a huge pain in the ass now.
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyrefugive View Post
Cool, and if I order an annual plan, "the one time $15 fee to change IP if the account fails" is literrally only ONE TIME? Worst case scenario, What if within that year, the account fails many times? = many time x $15 to change IP? I mean eetsyy is being a huge pain in the ass now.
Hi, the first change is always $15 and any future changes on that same plan would be $25 and yes its a one time fee each time you need it changed. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2015

Longevity: 57%

123's VPN service is FLAWLESS. I wish I had known about it when I was doing ETTTTTT/sy ste/alth. Seriously, would have saved about 10,000 hours switching IPs on a dongle and a whole lotta Excederin headaches!