Ebay removed my listings - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-08-2015
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Ebay removed my listings

Hello, today I got this email from ebay:

After reviewing your eBay account, it looks like you haven’t followed our Medical and Prescription Items policy. We understand that you may not have been aware of this policy or that this may have been an oversight, so we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings. We also had to take the following actions:
- Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

Medicines, steroids, and other pharmaceutical items that require a prescription from a doctor, dentist, optometrist, or veterinarian aren't allowed on eBay. This includes listings containing links to websites that sell or promote the sale of such medicines.

For more information on this policy, go to:
Medicine and healthcare products policy

We appreciate that you have selected eBay to list your item; however, please understand that you listed products with a labelling which is not in English, this breaches eBay's policy. Kindly note, eBay does not permit any prescription medicine or product that has non-English labelling as we need to verify the product with respective country laws where it is offered. Hence we request you to list only those products that are not prescription medicine and the labelling is in English, also the listing must display the ingredients in the images. We ask for your co-operation in this regard. I?ve noticed that this is the first time you breached eBay policy; To avoid any inconvenience in future, we'd appreciate if you go through our help pages before listing any such items.

Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this information and be sure that your current and future listings follow these guidelines. If they don’t, they'll be removed and we may, at our sole discretion, decide not to refund your fees. It could also result in additional actions, including loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay.

If you have any more questions, contact us:
http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?q...main=email1384

Basically it is saying that my items were removed because I sell medicine that requires prescription and labels are not in english language.
The truth is, that none of those items require prescription, I just merely buy them at the local drug stores, but yes, they are in russian language.

I called them and what I found out, is that they removed them, because it really is not in english language and according to them some buyers do not understand the labels. I do not know if they buyers have complained about that, because my ebay feedback score is 100%, or ebay decided that themselves.

Either way, those items that were removed, are my precious and popular ones, that are usually on demand, so is there any way I could still sell them?
As I said it before they do NOT require a prescription.

Thank you for your answers!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2015

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Ebay removed my listings

I got the same email week ago even though the items don't require prescription.
It's funny because there are thousands of items on eb with non english labels that don't get taken down.
Old 11-08-2015

Longevity: 53%

If something is not taken down, it just means that EB didn't make it yet to remove it, and you can't know if the item is there for 1 year or for a week. So, if you want to sell happily, make sure items have English labels and do not require prescription.
Old 11-08-2015
MU
Threadstarter  

It's the only way? Just make labels look english?
Old 11-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Prescription drugs and drug abuse is a hot topic. Laws vary from country to country. Are you positive that your listing doesn't require prescription in other countries?

I can also see how a label with another language can cause issues. Just imagine the liability ebay takes if a person has an overdose or adverse reaction to something sold international.
Old 11-08-2015
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Prescription drugs and drug abuse is a hot topic. Laws vary from country to country. Are you positive that your listing doesn't require prescription in other countries?

I can also see how a label with another language can cause issues. Just imagine the liability ebay takes if a person has an overdose or adverse reaction to something sold international.
Almost all of them are dietary-type or supplement, only one is pain reliever, widely used in Europe. Additionally, I have provided directions for use in my listings.
Old 11-08-2015

Longevity: 48%

After a warning like that you are flirting with disaster if you relist.

IMHO even if you provided directions in your listing they need to be legible on the bottle for future reference. A person may not remember what your listing said in a few months when they find them forgotten in the back of their medicine cabinet.

Last edited by tempusfugit; 11-08-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kao View Post
Almost all of them are dietary-type or supplement, only one is pain reliever, widely used in Europe. Additionally, I have provided directions for use in my listings.
If the account is "young" you should not list that kind of stuff. This is considered "high risk".

Start slow with general items like stationery or similar.

Last edited by ilcarletto; 11-09-2015 at 04:53 AM.
Old 11-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Additionally, I have provided directions for use in my listings.
"Take one three times a day. If you develop symptoms like growing breasts or bollocks, consult your GP"

Are you actually qualified to be giving advice like that?
Old 11-09-2015
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
"Take one three times a day. If you develop symptoms like growing breasts or bollocks, consult your GP"

Are you actually qualified to be giving advice like that?
Of course I am not.
But if person is not sure about the item he is gonna buy, he can always ask me about it or not to buy it.

Like I said, most of the items are supplements, only like 2 of them is considered as medicinal preparations.
Old 11-09-2015
MU

Longevity: 48%

Online selling of medicine in USA is allowed or not?
Old 11-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by disastercell View Post
Online selling of medicine in USA is allowed or not?
Very much frowned upon unless you have licenses and regulatory documents...
Old 11-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

If your getting these warnings and having listings taken down, you probably should not list these items. Your account will not last long if you continue to list. First you will get a 7 day suspension, then 30 day, then indefinite suspension.
Old 11-09-2015
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
If your getting these warnings and having listings taken down, you probably should not list these items. Your account will not last long if you continue to list. First you will get a 7 day suspension, then 30 day, then indefinite suspension.
That was the first time.
Old 11-09-2015

Longevity: 59%

ive seen you already posting about your account getting a limitation, so im guessing you never took that warning and listed the same item(s) instantly resulting in another strong warning from ebay, which by the looks of it youre not taking seriously as youre on here asking how you can sell your pills on ebay still.

Even if the pills arent prescribed how do you know who youre selling to doesnt have an allergy, they cant read the label or instructions if its in russian and you want to play with peoples health by printing of english labels.

In my opinion, and i dont mean to sound harsh (not that it would matter if i was being harsh because clearly you dont listen) maybe ebay isnt for you, id gladly put on a bet that this account will be burnt in days. Move on from that product, millions of stuff out there to sell that wont potentially harm someone.
Old 11-09-2015

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
That was the first time.
Actually, when I had 7 day restriction, after 3 days they decided to kill the acc indefinitely, as 7 day restriction triggers manual review, and it becomes a Russian roulette.
Old 11-09-2015
MU
Threadstarter  

Guys, where did you read that I have previously had some warnings about that?
This is the first time ebay has warned me and I just want to find a solution.
Old 11-09-2015
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
ive seen you already posting about your account getting a limitation, so im guessing you never took that warning and listed the same item(s) instantly resulting in another strong warning from ebay, which by the looks of it youre not taking seriously as youre on here asking how you can sell your pills on ebay still.

Even if the pills arent prescribed how do you know who youre selling to doesnt have an allergy, they cant read the label or instructions if its in russian and you want to play with peoples health by printing of english labels.

In my opinion, and i dont mean to sound harsh (not that it would matter if i was being harsh because clearly you dont listen) maybe ebay isnt for you, id gladly put on a bet that this account will be burnt in days. Move on from that product, millions of stuff out there to sell that wont potentially harm someone.
Maybe you could give some concrete examples, please?
Old 11-10-2015

Longevity: 57%

What if the items have English and Russian labels? It would be ok right?
Old 11-10-2015

Longevity: 51%

I just imagine you buying medicine in Lithuania with Russian labels and texts, just say you buy them out of local market grandmother who bought them from Russia and not local store #_# as far as I am concerned all medicine bought in Lithuanian pharmacy would be with at least Lithuanian texts and not Russian, not even speaking about multilingual instructions.
Old 11-10-2015
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAve View Post
I just imagine you buying medicine in Lithuania with Russian labels and texts, just say you buy them out of local market grandmother who bought them from Russia and not local store #_# as far as I am concerned all medicine bought in Lithuanian pharmacy would be with at least Lithuanian texts and not Russian, not even speaking about multilingual instructions.
what difference does it make?
Lithuanian are still not english
Old 11-10-2015

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
what difference does it make?
Lithuanian are still not english
Well it does make difference, your market grandmother is selling it as illegally as you are, of course you don't need to get prescription for those because its illegally brought to LT from Russia/Belarus .

It's illegal to sell these in LT because it's not tested and may not comply with some regulations on how this medicines is made, not even speaking about eBay >.<

I don't say you don't sell it - it's up to you, but don't be surprised if eBay removes your listing there is no way you will get round this