aspkin supporting Ebay?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2007
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default aspkin supporting Ebay??

Its kind of funny that Aspkin is supporting Ebay with these Ads on this forum. I know he has to make money , but dont make your money with Ebay ads and pro stores! Thats kind of foul. Kind of seems like your down with Ebay! Are you???
Would if Aspkin talk about suspending people from this forum because suspious behavior"..

I know he/she will be mad at me for this statement but I'm just sating how I feel. He always have ads of Ebay?? Whats up with that? I know if I hated Ebay there would be no ads of Ebay
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Target audience. I talk about it all the time. If I have ads about dog leashes, how many people would go buy one? The fact is we're talking about eBay. We all have eBay accounts, and we're all creating new ones all the time. What's wrong with placing ads for eBay? I know there is hate atmosphere when it comes to eBay. But come on.

To this point, this forum has cost me about $300 and tons of time to work with. I like talking about this kind of stuff, but it comes down to paying for server fees. The server running this site cost me $400 a month. This isn't the only site I have on the server, but it's on there. What's wrong with gaining some funds to help pay for stuff. To this date, this forum hasn't brought more then $50...

Oh well, I know I can't make everyone happy all the time. It's just how it is.
Old 08-10-2007
Administrator

I disabled ads for logged in users. If you don't want to see the ads, which somewhat support the site, register or login.

ygsa
Old 08-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Target audience. I talk about it all the time. If I have ads about dog leashes, how many people would go buy one? The fact is we're talking about eBay. We all have eBay accounts, and we're all creating new ones all the time. What's wrong with placing ads for eBay? I know there is hate atmosphere when it comes to eBay. But come on.
Just weird, that's all. Aspkin, there is no doubt that what you provide is a great service. I'm sure a lot of people are living their dreams again thanks to the knowledge gained from this site. Hay everybody on (and visiting) this site is out to make a buck and should understand the new ads on the forum. I would expect it. But Chris is right, when I saw the ads today it made me kind of uneasy and then I just laughed.

But, if those Ebay ads get you the most profit per square inch, then hell yea go for it. At least Ebay is paying you for ad space. Way to stick to the man
Old 08-11-2007
Administrator

I guess the difference between me and someone else is that I don't like to limit my self to anything depending on a relationship. I don't like eBay. You may have seen me say it a few times. It doesn't mean I hate eBay so much as to not make money off them. Chris has pissed me off more then a few times. He's the only member that has, and yet he's still here. If I didn't value what he does for the forums, you would have never seen this thread, from him at least. I'm not upset, I love hearing feedback on the site. This is my first forum, and I'm working on a second one as I type. Its fun stuff and a learning experience. I love to see progress. I don't know where I'm going with this, so I'll just say deal with it.

Lol

I’m just kidding; I'll listen to whatever you guys have to say.
Old 08-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
To this date, this forum hasn't brought more then $50...
Wow dude, only $50. You are a saint. I hope this site gets more profitable for you. Once these sales get back up and rolling you got my donations. I learned young not to bite the hand that feeds you...
Old 08-11-2007

Hey Aspkin, we understand where you came from and hey, $400 is a lot of money to dish out each month, and thank God for this forum and the great tips! so I don't think anyone of us would mind about the ebay ad

but one thing I was wondering, all these great tips are open for anyone to see, so if ebay is paying for ads in this site, wouldn't their people see all these tips and make it harder for us to get back on? or will they see the content in this forum? I am just afraid they will figure out something to make all these awesome tips not work because so many of us are successfully got back on ebay. or am I worry too much?

anyway, we appreciate your effort to keep up this forum! let's hope ebay won't use all the info here against us.

altu
Old 08-11-2007
Administrator

I need to test things, the ads will be enabled for everyone for now. I'll change things later.

Thanks altu and coopster72 for your support.
Old 08-11-2007

Aspkin – Thank you for the forum , this forum has helped me and saved me from countless sleepless nights.
I support your decision and had been clicking the ads a few times on my daily visit ^__^ .

With the old saying “No shame in my game, In it to win it” unless Ebay withdraws the ads.
I , for one would want Ebay’s ad fee to pay for this forum.
Old 08-11-2007
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

I for one don't mind at all, aspkin! God only knows where I'd be without this forum.
Closed Thread