Family's accounts restricted due to my MC011 'temporarily' restricted - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Family's accounts restricted due to my MC011 'temporarily' restricted

So recently I got hit with a MC011 'temporarily restricted' on my biggest account due to some shipping issues + items not delivered cases opened against me, my 800+ listings remained live on eBay, I have since gotten all orders out and made buyers as happy as possible, and submitted my letter of appeal to begin the appeal process a day ago (still no word back). I'm confident (as confident as you can be with eBay) that I'll regain listing privileges.

HOWEVER at the same time, my family (two people, that I lived with over a year ago) also got hit with this restriction on their accounts, they have this message:
Quote:
Hello, xxxx

We've noticed that your account appears to be associated with another.

Are you familiar with the account xxxx?

I'm the owner of this account.
I'm not the owner of this account, but I may be able to explain why my account has been associated with it.
I don't know this account at all.
I would like for them to challenge this to officially kill the link if possible... I would like to know what you think would be expected of them to be asked if they went with the 'I'm not the owner of this account, but I may be able to explain why my account has been associated with it.' option? OR even if this is a good idea. The link was made STRICTLY by IP association from when I was living with them back in early 2014, I never logged into my account on their PCs, or their accounts on my PC. We do share last name.

Even though I'm sure I'll be cleared of this restriction, I want the future proof any problems of mine (or theirs) to not interact with our accounts.

Thanks!

Last edited by Mitsu; 11-15-2015 at 05:26 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Family's accounts restricted due to my MC011 'temporarily' restricted

All the accounts that got the notice are linked and are in serious danger. Since you've been hit with a temporary restriction, you're probably (at the most) a month away from a permanent restriction. I'm not saying anything about how you conduct your business, that's just my personal experience. They never last long once they get a "temporary restriction."

Once (if) your main account gets hit with a permanent restriction, all of the linked accounts will have their selling limits reduced to 0. If they haven't already been reduced to 0.
Old 11-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Family's accounts restricted due to my MC011 'temporarily' restricted

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
All the accounts that got the notice are linked and are in serious danger. Since you've been hit with a temporary restriction, you're probably (at the most) a month away from a permanent restriction. I'm not saying anything about how you conduct your business, that's just my personal experience. They never last long once they get a "temporary restriction."

Once (if) your main account gets hit with a permanent restriction, all of the linked accounts will have their selling limits reduced to 0. If they haven't already been reduced to 0.
It wouldn't surprise me to be honest, but the reason I'm confident MY account might be able to make through this is because all my listings are still up, and I've still done good sales since I got hit (I got hit early NOV, and through running some sales on my account with the live listings, have done over 400 transactions, all that were shipped within 1 business day) + over 500 positives past 30 days, and only 6 negs left from 30 days, all orders have tracking and show delivered/in transit. But of course it's eBay so who knows!

However I really don't want to be the reason my family's accounts go down, which is why I want to see if anyone has experience with these options when they get the message "We've noticed that your account appears to be associated with another."... this is the information I'm really after.
Old 11-15-2015

Longevity: 50%

Everyone in the house I was living in, plus a friend from down the street (same postcode) all got banned. They just said they knew me but that was it. All still actively buy and sell on eBay 12 months on.
Old 11-15-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Wow a banwave
Old 11-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Just an update, I had my sister call eBay with the 'I'm not the owner of this account, but I may be able to explain why my account has been associated with it.' and she told them I lived there over a year ago but have left and have no business relationship with me, he put her on hold and then unlocked all of my families accounts and all, for the moment, are healthy. This may have been easier for them since the IP link was actually over a year ago, and my eBay account is still selling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
9nes (06-29-2019)