Asking customers for feedback on Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-22-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Asking customers for feedback on Amazon

Hello is it a good idea to email each buyer and kindly ask them to leave feedback? or just let it happen by itself on Amazon?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Default Re: Asking customers for feedback on Amazon

I spam their emails every 2 weeks. I'm vicious about getting feedback on Amazon. But I also provide excellent customer service (same day shipping 6 days a week) and have great products.
Old 11-23-2015

Longevity: 50%

Yes, it is a good idea, but i advise you to check before if the parcel has reached its destination and to ask for feeback the same day the customer gets it.
I always ask for it only once because i fear of getting bad feedback from a customer bored of being spammed.
Old 11-23-2015

Longevity: 53%

Thats why TOOKNAPA you put in your email if there is a problem please email first so we can resolve the problem before you leave feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
TOOKNAPA (11-23-2015)
Old 11-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

eBay FeedBack - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums

First up, amazon is different from ebay.

But if you have a read thro' the above URL, you can get ideas that you can amend for amazon.

Communication is the key and the POWER with amazon. Buyers prefer to know
their seller is human!

Good Luck

Old 11-23-2015

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Thats why TOOKNAPA you put in your email if there is a problem please email first so we can resolve the problem before you leave feedback.
I tell them to contact me is they have any problem because "i can't be happy if they are not 100% satisfied"..
But when i put my email, amazon delete it
Old 11-23-2015

Word it a little better, amazon pick up on key words and phrases.
Old 11-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Geez don't send any more emails guys, I'm the most easygoing dude around, rarely even leave negative feedback for bad transactions unless the seller was the worst piece of scum in the world, but I DO get annoyed at constant Amazon feedback reminders. So imagine what the average sociopath customer is like, by comparison.

Best thing to do is write up a nice professional slip and include it with the order.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
Phd (11-23-2015)
Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
Geez don't send any more emails guys, I'm the most easygoing dude around, rarely even leave negative feedback for bad transactions unless the seller was the worst piece of scum in the world, but I DO get annoyed at constant Amazon feedback reminders. So imagine what the average sociopath customer is like, by comparison.

Best thing to do is write up a nice professional slip and include it with the order.
To each his own. I get feedback from about 25% of my orders, and I ALWAYS get every neg removed through my own methods.....
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (11-24-2015)
Old 11-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
To each his own. I get feedback from about 25% of my orders, and I ALWAYS get every neg removed through my own methods.....
Same thing here! Carefully worded feedback spamming that sounds like it was written by an individual (no company logos and signed by a person) quite literally gets me 50% feedback when I first start out I kid you not.

New Accounts:
1) I send a message for shipping including how I just started out and upgrading to Priority Mail and want a good reputation blah blah.
2) Then 1-2 weeks after delivery, if they haven't responded or left feedback I say "Amazon/Ebay is considering some small sellers for a new ratings system but we have to get people to vouch for us - if you could just take 30 seconds to let them know you got it quickly and that I communicated well at blahURL, it would really help me out a lot."
3) If after 2 more weeks I don't have enough feedback and really want more (feedback is totally the key to avoiding account reviews - I haven't had one in over a year and hundreds of thousands of $$ not an exaggeration)... I send another message saying something like "Hey Paul, I know things are probably super busy over there - but I could really use your help for just a second! Because I'm brand new, Amazon won't approve me for the next step until they talk to my most recent buyers (lol I don't sell much so that's just you!). If you could just take a minute to go to URL just so they know you got it quickly, you're just the only buyer I've had recently that I know to ask!

etc... then after I get my account solid, I don't follow up - first message requesting feedback gets me consistently 20-30% feedback. All of my accounts appear to be "personal" even though the big ones are all LLCs and each message is automatically tailored for each order and signed by that seller so I think that helps.

EDIT - I remembered I already posted something similar here about avoiding account reviews (on Amazon) altogether through feedback: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...tml#post690993
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mshamazon For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (11-24-2015), TOOKNAPA (11-24-2015)
Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Agreed. Part of the reason I avoid writing emails is that I sound too aggressive and lawyerly in the formal emails one would send to an Amazon customer. Of course, if a negative shows up, you bet your a$$ I am writing emails to that idiot, oops customer.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (11-25-2015)
Old 11-25-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post

Agreed. Part of the reason I avoid writing emails is that I sound too aggressive and lawyerly in the formal emails one would send to an Amazon customer. Of course, if a negative shows up, you bet your a$$ I am writing emails to that idiot, oops customer.
I think one of the mistakes we all make at the beginning is to try to sound like we're all massive companies with ridiculous logos and corporate sounding names like "Hi I'm Tony from our "We Care About You" department of our "Discount Everything On Sale For Cheap Low Price" store in our totally legit location in California (the expensive part). Just wanted to implore you to buy more s*** and also leave feedback by tomorrow or else..." hahaha

lol that's one of the reasons I legit do all female seller accounts. Guys getting emails from guys can sound aggressive. Girls getting emails from guys can also sound aggressive or weird. However, guys love getting emails from younger girls (mine are always in college studying masters) - and girls really don't generally feel threatened by anonymous women who are nice (only if there's a dude involved).

I did a very non-scientific survey a few years ago where my girl accounts always got more feedback faster with the same messages. I then started throwing in a smiley face and intentionally non capitalized words to sound casual (but still professional) - I literally have never had a single person EVER criticize getting a message from me (out of thousands of feedbacks).

MORE IMPORTANTLY, If I ever DO have problems with a weird shipping issue, damage, accidental mix up - the majority of the time they respond to the message I sent when I shipped it instead of going into the Amazon system to send a seller a question. This does at least 3 things:
1) Your "perfect order" ratio goes down if a buyer initiates contact before you.
2) Your buyer may never see or think of AZ since he just went ahead and responded to your email.
3) Your buyer is glad he didn't have to navigate a stupid website to ask a seller a question and can just respond directly i.e. they're more likely to leave positive feedback.
Old 11-25-2015

Longevity: 51%

good info guys. just went through my orders last month asking for feedback. got about 9 feedbacks overnight after went through 6 pages of orders.

Old 11-25-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhbizz View Post
good info guys. just went through my orders last month asking for feedback. got about 9 feedbacks overnight after went through 6 pages of orders.

Easiest way buddy is export your orders to excel within reports, all e mail address's are shown, then copy and paste do a bulk e mail to all customers.

Don't worry if a customer has already left feedback within your range.

Send 1000 emails in 5 mins
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
mhhbizz (11-25-2015), mshamazon (11-25-2015)
Old 11-25-2015

Longevity: 51%

holy s*** that is so easy.

do you know if our message is sent through the secure amazon server and encrypted and not our real amazon address if use that method?
Old 11-25-2015

Any e mail you send to an amazon customer with their amazon e mail address will go through amazon's mailing system.
Old 02-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
I tell them to contact me is they have any problem because "i can't be happy if they are not 100% satisfied"..
But when i put my email, amazon delete it
Always send a thank you card with your personal email should there be any problems, and let them know to contact you first there. I always tell them that it will be resolved, or answered quicker if they use that route.
Old 02-24-2016

Longevity: 47%

I don't ask because I am afraid bothering them might work to my demise.

I send $1 or so when shipping is more than covered with a note refunding them. It incites alot of feedback and seems to keep the powers that be at bay