Account Suspended Help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-09-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Account Suspended Help

I was just recently suspended for a year for copy right infringments. Actually there were a few ebayers also suspended for the same thing. We bought from the same supplier who sold airsoft items that are toy duplicates of the real deal. The company that these were copied from notified ebay and they removed the listings than 2 weeks later came down with the suspension. Ive read over alot of post. But what do you supply when they ask for more info. In particular when they ask for a goverment issue ID
Below is what they asked me
A signed Request for Reinstatement form
- A legible copy of your government-issued ID
- A legible copy of a utility bill, credit card statement, or bank
statement

If I use all the info I have learned on here to get back on and they ask for a goverment issue id what would I send them. This has me confused.
I had over 10,000 feedback and 99.2 percent rating and now I am suspended for a year. Please answer.
Thank you,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2009

I thought they start off by suspending you for 7 days and the give you time to show your ID and stuff.

I was suspended for a year and they never let me back on. I tried everything, but I didn't want to send my personal information over to ebay... I don't trust the company at all.
Old 01-11-2009

Longevity: 90%

If they already said you were suspended for a year, don't even bother with sending them anything they request. Won't do any good until a year later, if then they decide to give your account back, which is highly unlikely. Best to start over.
Old 01-13-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

They told me early last week that would escalte it up to a Trust and Safety Supervisor and I would hear something within 48-72 hours. I even went as far as faxing them a letter trying to explain how the mistake was made. I havent heard a word from them to date. I am going to call tomorrow just to see what they have to say.
I realize now after reading tons of forums and also the posts on this site that I will not hear back from them. Its a shame they treat people the way they do. I paid huge fees monthly to them for the last few years and you would have thought that there customer service would be better than what it is but instead all you get is a generic reply thru email from them.
I bought the ebook here and will go this route and get several accounts made up and get back to business. What else can I do. I cant sit around with all this inventory in this warehouse with no avenue to sell. I will just play the ebay game which I have read most people have to do once there suspended.
I appreciate your response.
Thanks,
Old 01-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Another route you could go is getting your own website up and running. I believe that is the way a lot of us are trying to go but I think a lot of us need help with doing that.
Old 01-13-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yes that is another route but having instant traffic which ebay provides is is an easier way for me to go right now.
Old 01-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

ive been working on my web page for a few weeks now an di figure the best bet is to create a picture that has your web site name in the picture, as long as no one reports you, you're in the clear
Old 01-15-2009

how long will it takes for ebay to reinstate a user ?

i have being waiting for a week plus, they only tell user to wait and wait
Old 01-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

so far im at 6 months ..then again my suspension was indefinite
Old 01-16-2009

sorry i mean after u have faxed it, then they told u to wait..

how long is the waiting time ?
Old 01-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

As long as ebay wants. Each acount is different. May take months. A point, the more you
contact them, the longer it will take.
Old 01-17-2009

oh no , i have contacted them twice

im dead
Old 01-17-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
ive been working on my web page for a few weeks now an di figure the best bet is to create a picture that has your web site name in the picture, as long as no one reports you, you're in the clear
Before I was suspended I put a cover note in with every item I sell with the details of my website on. All items were slightly cheaper on the website than on ebay, customers thought they were getting a bargain, but in reality I was making more from these items as there were no ebay fees attached. Even after suspension I was still getting customers to the site so it was definately worth it. Also add a signature to your emails with a link to your website, nothing too fancy, just a link....make sure the page you link them too is the sales pitch. Most people decide in the first few seconds of being directed to a webpage whether they want to stay and read on, so make sure it gets there attention.
Old 01-19-2009

Longevity: 94%

most of the time, suspension is indef. so i wouldnt suggest sending your personal information
if they are stating a vero infringment, theres no way you will win, becuase a firm has complained with their own documents