buyer force me to full refund before return the item back - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default buyer force me to full refund before return the item back

I received a message last week, a buyer claims that the item she received is counterfeit. When I sold it to her, I noticed the item at my stock has some minor stained marks, I took picture to her and she doesn't like it, so I told her my new stock will be coming in 3 weeks. She asked me if there's anyway I can make it faster, so I said if it's ok with her, I can ask my supplier to ship it directly to her. After 1 week she got it and it took her about 10 days to come back to me about the counterfeit issue.

I have many different items and I change my supplier sometimes, all the rest products I received I always check carefully. But this is a new supplier, so I am not quite sure about the buyer said, I asked her to take some photos, from my experience it does look a bit bad, but I will need the item back to verify. I send her the return address and return slip, but she insists to full refund first.

What can I do now? She sounds so aggressive, I would like to keep on communicate with her to lead her to say "if you don't refund me now I will give you bad feedback" something like that, but she sounds very tricky and looks like she knows exactly how to play.

Anyone else here have the same problem? And any ideas how to sort this out? Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: buyer force me to full refund before return the item back

Refund her let her keep the item and deal with your supplier on your own.

Your goal is to make her happy at this point so she doesnt take you through the mud with the counterfeit claims and ruin your account(s).

How much is the value of the item?

And if she uses that claim, it is extortion but if your items are indeed phake, you are playing a dangerous game.
Old 12-03-2015

Longevity: 49%

Depends if your items is counterfeit or not. From your post I am guessing it is. So you should probably just refund her and tell her to keep the item cause you have no use for counterfeit items. She wont leave you bad feedback cause she got her money and a free item.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burger Box Man For This Useful Post:
likefrasers (12-03-2015)
Old 12-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Box Man View Post
Depends if your items is counterfeit or not. From your post I am guessing it is. So you should probably just refund her and tell her to keep the item cause you have no use for counterfeit items. She wont leave you bad feedback cause she got her money and a free item.
Ok sounds very reasonable. Will do now.
Old 12-03-2015

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Box Man View Post
ironically this works every time, and be overly apologetic, i used to say omg i am sooo sorry my girlfriend was selling it and they the buyer then takes pity on you
Old 12-03-2015

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

Aw, your trying to get her to say exactly what I would too.

Is there not some policy abuse for buyers threatening us with this? You OBVIOUSLY don't HAVE to refund her before she gets the item back. If she leaves feedback in anyways saying something along those lines, it should be a easy removal. Its tricky when they are scammers or know how eBay's true system works.

Its really up to you at this point. None of us can make the decision. I probably wouldn't refund first because well that's just me. People like this piss me off and I seem to ALWAYS find a way to get their feedback removed. Some are harder than others but bare in mind any thing she says can be flipped and used against her when trying to get a potential negative removed.

There is NO reason why she can't ship the item back first. NO business runs by the model we refund first, then you ship the item back. When you go to a store THEY inspect the item FIRST, THEN they decide what type of refund you get.
Old 12-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post

There is NO reason why she can't ship the item back first. NO business runs by the model we refund first, then you ship the item back. When you go to a store THEY inspect the item FIRST, THEN they decide what type of refund you get.
ebay is not brick and mortar stores.

Ergo procedures differ.

Given the noose put around the seller's body parts, due care needed to be taken when dealing with refunds.

solefoodbk (12-04-2015)
Old 12-03-2015

Longevity: 49%

Yes you are right, she knows how to play the game. Basically she knows that the item is a counterfeit and because she's found out, she's taking advantage.

Sometimes you have to just get rid of the issue quickly and smoothly, this is definitely one of those situations.

1. Tell her your sorry that the new supplier has let you down and you have already decided not to use these suppliers again.

2. Tell her you will refund her but will be grateful if she sends the item back after and you will pay for the return postage.

3. Do not let her keep the item, ask for it back even if cordially and after her refund because she will have evidence against you which should could send on to the authorities.

4. If she insists on keeping the item, let it go then, do not argue or annoy her.

Basically she got you by the balls mate and she's a cow, a nasty one.
The Following User Says Thank You to zac2409 For This Useful Post:
Runnynose (12-05-2015)
Old 12-04-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
ebay is not brick and mortar stores.

Ergo procedures differ.

Given the noose put around the seller's body parts, due care needed to be taken when dealing with refunds.

I know but I'm still right.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 12-04-2015 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-04-2015

Longevity: 53%

You need to keep you account alive before Feb-2016. To do that, if anything happens - send here refund via regular PP payment, ask her to close the request with a reason "I accidentally opened a request", block and forget. If she refuses to close refund with such options - take the defect, refund, block, move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
likefrasers (12-04-2015)
Old 12-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
You need to keep you account alive before Feb-2016. To do that, if anything happens - send here refund via regular PP payment, ask her to close the request with a reason "I accidentally opened a request", block and forget. If she refuses to close refund with such options - take the defect, refund, block, move on.
why you mean "need to keep the account alive before Feb-2016"? what will happen after Feb-2016?
Old 12-04-2015

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
why you mean "need to keep the account alive before Feb-2016"? what will happen after Feb-2016?
They will simplify the defect system, so if you refund your buyer, it will not ruin your account defect stats, as currently if you do your best to help the customer, talk, replace/refund, it still causes a defect to appear in your account. In Feb-16, you will get a defect only if you fail to resolve the issue at all, so eBay will have to do it for you, or if you fail to deliver the item on time.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
likefrasers (12-05-2015)
Old 12-05-2015

In other words the are acknowledging that returns are apart of business.

Imagine if Best Buy had a defect system in place and that SAME defect system was used the day after X-MAS......

Old 12-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
They will simplify the defect system, so if you refund your buyer, it will not ruin your account defect stats, as currently if you do your best to help the customer, talk, replace/refund, it still causes a defect to appear in your account. In Feb-16, you will get a defect only if you fail to resolve the issue at all, so eBay will have to do it for you, or if you fail to deliver the item on time.
Wow that sounds a lot better.

BTW does anybody know that the unreceived item case will be staying at your defects (doesn't matter you upload the tracking code or buyer receives it and closes it) until you call in to remove it manually?

eBay system is a joke. Full of problems.