Does paypal lock IP address when you sign up?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-15-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Does paypal lock IP address when you sign up??

I have a question after I read the Stealth Book that I could not find the answer here. I had old Ebay account suspended due to "Abusing Ebay Policy" which I still dont figure out how and why... BS like always. And then I created another ebay and paypal ID, of course got the same thing after I sold my first item. Now is the question, I still had a Verified paypal business account which I signed it up using my old "dirty" IP, now I ordered the new internet services which will changed my IP forever. Can I still use that "Dirty" paypal account for my new Ebay Account?? And the paypal account is under my family's name who never register on Ebay. please give me a help before I start to create a new Ebay. Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Nope, you need a new PayPal account per eBay account.

If you reuse the same PayPal account, it will link you to your suspended eBay account.

I'm pretty sure this is in the eBay Stealth ebook several times.
Old 01-15-2009
Threadstarter  

what happen if I close that paypal account and reopen it with the new IP address. But I'm worrying about the information and SS#. The old one is 100% verified and if I close that one, and reverified the same ss# on the new one.. Is that possible and safe?? thank you so much
Old 01-15-2009
Administrator

It's not possible. Once a SS# has been used with a PayPal account, it can not be reused. That's the downfall with PayPal.

Most of the time you do not need to verify your SS# unless you're doing heavy sales. In that case it's best to use a merchant account.

Search these forums for more information: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/merchant-accounts/
Old 01-15-2009

Longevity: 89%
Default Want to confirm/ask a few things regarding verification

Ok. So I have been reading all of these message boards and trying to learn about how to keep my new account open on eBay and paypal. I think I did everything (IP, address, new browser) right to start a new acct, I started it like a month ago and it’s fine so far. I used a new name and address and started a new paypal acct that was NOT attached to my old suspended eBay one.

But I haven’t linked them through the official eBay verification yet and I still haven’t added a bank acct to my new paypal to verify it. So, today I was listing items and I got a message saying that I can't list until I get verified on Paypal. (my acct wasn’t restricted or anything, I didn’t get any emails). So I was wondering a few things about what to do before I verify anything (to avoid getting suspended):

1. On the new paypal acct I made, I used a new gift card Visa only so far, but I used my real name, but a different address as the old one. So if I add a friend’s bank acct to verify it will that work?

2. If I change the email address in my auctions to an already established/verified paypal acct (friends) will this work? (have him give me the money after it transfers)

3. Somebody that starts a new paypal acct. that is not associated with my old acct or name/address at all, will this work if I link it to my new eBay acct?

4. Does the name and address have to match exactly on both the eBay and paypal accounts in order to be ok and verified?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
Old 01-15-2009
Threadstarter  

but question, what I've been told by the limitation dept of paypal states that once you close the account that assign with SS#, the SS# will be free for future use as long as you dont have any limitation in it, is that true or they try to misleading me?? I just closed the business paypal with SS# verified, and waiting for the the new internet services activate, then I will use the same SS# to re-verified, but maybe change the email, CC, bank and address.. Is that safe to do that?? BTW, I have merchant acount already. But needs to figure out how to set it up there. Actually I'm not planning to sell a lot over there since they have too many restrictions, I will just using as ad our own wed site to get customers to our own wed site.. but Ebay could be another source to sell.. please give me more suggestions, I bought the book and read it already.. but I think case by case will be different, I also asked modee for one by one.. hope will be set up good.. thank you so much for your replies..
Old 01-15-2009
Threadstarter  

I'm not expert, but as far as I know and did some reseach over here. I know that in order you post a listing, you have to provide at least one method for the buyer to pay for it. either paypal or your own merchant account.. but Ebay prefer paypal that everyone knows.. so paypal will be a must in your case unless you want to set up your own merchant account. and it's not good for ask your friend's paypal, coz members say ebay and paypal's info better match EXACTLY, other wise they will flag your account.. hope this help!! was read from STEALTH Ebay book..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kida1211 View Post
Ok. So I have been reading all of these message boards and trying to learn about how to keep my new account open on eBay and paypal. I think I did everything (IP, address, new browser) right to start a new acct, I started it like a month ago and it’s fine so far. I used a new name and address and started a new paypal acct that was NOT attached to my old suspended eBay one.

But I haven’t linked them through the official eBay verification yet and I still haven’t added a bank acct to my new paypal to verify it. So, today I was listing items and I got a message saying that I can't list until I get verified on Paypal. (my acct wasn’t restricted or anything, I didn’t get any emails). So I was wondering a few things about what to do before I verify anything (to avoid getting suspended):

1. On the new paypal acct I made, I used a new gift card Visa only so far, but I used my real name, but a different address as the old one. So if I add a friend’s bank acct to verify it will that work?

2. If I change the email address in my auctions to an already established/verified paypal acct (friends) will this work? (have him give me the money after it transfers)

3. Somebody that starts a new paypal acct. that is not associated with my old acct or name/address at all, will this work if I link it to my new eBay acct?

4. Does the name and address have to match exactly on both the eBay and paypal accounts in order to be ok and verified?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
Old 01-15-2009

Also, do accounts that are made before 7/07 (or whatever date that was in 07) do not need verified or something? I was confused about that.

Last edited by kida1211; 01-15-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-15-2009
Threadstarter  

I think it's no different, you still need to verify all informations, the only differnce will be 07/07 account does not need to fax documents when you use your own merchant account, but the newer account will be verify by Ebay.
Old 01-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhl771029 View Post
but question, what I've been told by the limitation dept of paypal states that once you close the account that assign with SS#, the SS# will be free for future use as long as you dont have any limitation in it, is that true or they try to misleading me??.
So far that has been the case for us. My wife had a personal Paypal account with her SS#. Her eBay account went NARU when mine did (because of address, IP, etc), but her Paypal was ok. She closed that Paypal account and I opened a business with her info (and knowledge of course), and so far, we have been ok. I would agree, as long as the Paypal account was not limited, you should be ok. Now I know I can never use my name or SS# again with them!
Old 01-15-2009
Threadstarter  

after a short fight with paypal and Ebay, that was what I figured and told by that rude paypal limitation dept. Closed the free limitation account and your SS# will be free, but I just dont know if they will use it for future verification. that scares me.. I really hate to deal with them, especial almost no chance they will life your account. So that's why I post it for disscussion, need some expert suggestions.
Old 01-15-2009

So basically I will need to get a merchant account, this really does not sound like an easy thing to do. Thanks for the responses.
Old 01-15-2009
Threadstarter  

They limited my account since 01, now they still have all records.. So just dont even try.. they are very tough... lol
Old 01-15-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kida1211 View Post
So basically I will need to get a merchant account, this really does not sound like an easy thing to do. Thanks for the responses.
set up a merchant account is easy, but you gotta to think about its value. If you doing some small sales, probable not, and will give you all headache. In your case, maybe you can ask your friend who has clean Ebay and paypal to doing sales for you and give you back money..
Old 01-16-2009

Ya, the more I think about it, I'm thinking my best bet will be to clear my cookies, cache, web history. Open a new browser and get a new IP address and use an alreay established clean ebay/paypal account from a friend and open a store and start selling. I will just pay him/her a little for the inconvenience of giving me money once it transfers. I have a feeling my new acct is not going to last that long. I don't know how to get it verified. I don;t sell a TON but enough for 1 to 2 grand a month, so it's worth keepin it alive in one way or another and I think doing a merchant acct will lower my sales to the point it wont be worth it. Worst mistake I ever made was doing lots of international shipping. That was my downfall on ebay. damn.
Old 01-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

kida, put your coutry's flag under your profile please. Many of your questions are answered
in the forum already. Have you read anything?
Old 01-16-2009

Yes, I have read through a lot of things. It's just a little confusing to me since I see someone saying one thing and another saying another thing regarding the same topic. Like I first read that the same paypal could be used if the email was changed, then I read more and found out that isn't the case. I think I am finding most of the answers, I just really need to confirm some things as soon as possible so I don't make a mistake.

Last edited by kida1211; 01-16-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanks for the flag. OK, after an ebay account is suspended, the paypal account that
was linked to it may never ever be used for ebay again. ebay<-->paypal link. SSN may never be used again. Never trust paypal with much of what they tell you.
Hope this helps
Old 01-16-2009

Ok, see I figured that out a while ago. When I started my new ebay acct, I DID open a new paypal acct for it but I did not add or link a bank acct to it yet or link it to my ebay. So after like a month now with my new acct, when I was listing today I got a message once i reached 40 items that said I needed to get verified or have my paypal verified. This scared me, since I only have one checking acct. Now, I am trying to figure out if I can add either a checking account under my friends name to my new paypal to get verified, or just try to my make my friend a paypal acct and add his bank acct to it and use that to get verified. Does this make any sense?
Old 01-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Yep, it makes sense. I would not go near using the friend's bank account at all. Can you not ask your bank for another account: this will give you a new account number which can
link. 99% of banks only supply routing & account numbers to paypal & not names.
Old 01-16-2009
Administrator

Kida, most likely you read some old threads or even my older guides that are floating around here and there. If you haven't already I recommend you read the updated guide, eBay Stealth. It has everything you need to know about creating a new account, and the know how to keep it.

Good luck,
Old 01-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhl771029 View Post
I have a question after I read the Stealth Book that I could not find the answer here. I had old Ebay account suspended due to "Abusing Ebay Policy" which I still dont figure out how and why... BS like always. And then I created another ebay and paypal ID, of course got the same thing after I sold my first item. Now is the question, I still had a Verified paypal business account which I signed it up using my old "dirty" IP, now I ordered the new internet services which will changed my IP forever. Can I still use that "Dirty" paypal account for my new Ebay Account?? And the paypal account is under my family's name who never register on Ebay. please give me a help before I start to create a new Ebay. Thank you
If your account is suspended and the same thing happened when you created another one. Is it because the item you're selling that is the problem?