Paypal limited because of ebay account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-24-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Paypal limited because of ebay account?

My paypal account is limited because they said my multiple ebay accounts have outstanding issues.

I guess it's because I used this paypal account to buy some cheap stuff on ebay to get some feedback, then ebay suspend my account. Do you guy think this is the way they linked my paypal and ebay accounts? If this is the case, I believe paypal and ebay will link if you use paypal to pay seller fees. I'm not sure if they will link if you have your buyers pay to the paypal account. Aspkin, what do you think?

Right now, I'm playing catch me if you can game with ebay. I document all IP I used to access ebay and clear cache every time I'm done. I've been quite successful with ebay. But, as Aspkin said, if it comes to Paypal, it's a lot harder. I just want to discuss with you guys on how to avoid ebay/paypal link carefully. The only thing I can say to my limited paypal account is good-bye, since I can't revolve ebay issue. Thankfully, there are only 40 bucks, I'll just refund all of them.

BTW, Aspkin, I really appreciate your effort on writing up such a good guide. Thanks a million.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-24-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Jayt, it seems you've followed my guides for a long time! I said something like, "if it comes to Paypal, it's a lot harder" it seems months ago! Wow.

Were your eBay accounts linked to your Paypal account? Did you select to, "link my eBay account to my Paypal account" from eBay? If not did you do anything but accept funds and pay for fees? This gets me thinking about my Paypal account. I have several old eBay email address still listed on my Paypal account, if they're tracking that now, I should take any off that might affect my account status. Though my Paypal account is more then 5 years old, and has thousands of dollars going through each day, I've found Paypal has been lenient on me because of this. I even have a personal representative from Paypal I can call about any issues. So it may be an age issue. How old is your Paypal account?

-Aspkin
Old 02-24-2007
Threadstarter  

I actually just found out this forum a few days ago. I almost read through all of your posts.

My paypal account is a year and half old. So I don't think it's because of age.

I didn't link my paypal in the seller's account page. All I did was using the paypal account to buy some stuff on ebay, nothing else. I think to be safe you want to remove the email that was registered with suspended ebay account. I don't know if they still can track after you remove them. From now on, I'll remove all email associated with suspended ebay accounts. I think you are safe since you have such a big volume. You may want to register some new paypal account as a backup though.
Old 02-24-2007
Threadstarter  

BTW, Aspkin, do you know if I can use saving account to register for a paypal account? If yes, I can have a few more paypal accounts.
Old 02-24-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayt View Post
I actually just found out this forum a few days ago. I almost read through all of your posts.

My paypal account is a year and half old. So I don't think it's because of age.

I didn't link my paypal in the seller's account page. All I did was using the paypal account to buy some stuff on ebay, nothing else. I think to be safe you want to remove the email that was registered with suspended ebay account. I don't know if they still can track after you remove them. From now on, I'll remove all email associated with suspended ebay accounts. I think you are safe since you have such a big volume. You may want to register some new paypal account as a backup though.

hey Jayt,

by talking with volume, I think ebay and paypal don't care about it. Cause my ebay account paid over 15 k per month as ebay fee, but they don't care and actually my account had over 99% feedback back then. Regarding paypal account, I did have serveral time of limitations because of many buyers complaints(saying got lost, those are oversea transactions), but then it is easy solve that, just issue buyer refund to close the disputes. They often restore my paypal account quick. But for Ebay account, I try to appeal with ebay's decision with my lawyer. But no success !!
Old 02-24-2007
Threadstarter  

Yes, some times it's easy to restore paypal. But this time, it's because of my suspended ebay accounts. There is no way I can reinstate my ebay accounts, so my paypal will also be dead for good.

You have a lawyer to fight with ebay? Very, nice.
Old 02-24-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I'm sure you can use your savings account. All you need is your routing number, and account number, no? And once they send you the 2 verify payments, just verify and you're good to go. I actually forgot about that my self, I'm going to start a new Paypal account shortly and was going to open a new checking account, but I'll try my savings first.
Old 02-26-2007

Ebay actually has a legal group to handle legal case. But they never reply my lawyer's letter. They are suck. Since they are too big, they forget the important of customer base. That is the worest company that I have seen. I really don't know why there is no second auction site on U.S. market to compete with Ebay. There is a huge market here when talking about switch over from Ebay.
Old 03-12-2007

Default Removing Email Accounts from Paypal

So, is it a good idea to keep email addresses which were used for currently suspended accounts or is it better to delete them. I have 2 emails on my paypal that are linked to suspended ebay accounts. I was thinking since I just added a new one, I should wait a while before I start deleting emails to avoid suspicion.
Old 03-28-2007

Heres a new paypal alternative for everyone. i singed up and its going good so far. The people were very helpful and it interagates with auctiva. Customer service is excellent..https://support.merchantplus.com/par...?id=1040_5_1_6