bought paypal/ebay account, how long before i add paypal to website? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default bought paypal/ebay account, how long before i add paypal to website?

hello, just bought an ebay/paypal account from marketplace.

first thing first, i need to build some browsing history using new data sim... question is...

after i add bank account, return address, how long should i wait before i add paypal to my website so that i can accept payments for goods?

ebay can wait, not really bothered about that just yet... need paypal for my website...

I would wait for seller to respond, however they back online tomorrow and i really need the site payment up and running, customers are scared to use stripe so paypal is a must.

thanks in advance..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: bought paypal/ebay account, how long before i add paypal to website?

You really should be asking the Account Seller your questions since they know more on the account they sold you.

I would be concerned if your website had already had a previous paypal attached to it, adding another paypal to a website that already had a PayPal where the PayPal was limited can cause issues.
Old 12-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: bought paypal/ebay account, how long before i add paypal to website?

no paypal has ever been linked, brand new website. Only been up and running for 2-3 weeks.

currently only form of payments i am accepting is stripe.

Theres should be no way they can link to any other account as these are the things i will do. First of all create new useraccount, portable browser, dedicated data sim, build browsing history etc... exactly what the guide mentioned...

only thing of concern is, alot of activity such as adding address, card and link to new site. Will this be fine?
Old 12-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

It will really depend on the acount itself.

Best to message the seller they will be able to give you the best advise as they will know their own accounts
Old 12-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Update the forum with the outcome.

Old 12-17-2015
Threadstarter  

he did reply, but i think hes gone to bed now.

Good service so far. will leave feedback on his thread once everything up and running.

Im waiting for his reply before i mess anything up and waste £165.
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Lets clarify a few points here.

When I sold you the account I was under the impression you were going to be using the ebay account and actually selling on Ebay. I was not aware that adding this Paypal to your website was the priority.

You can add a return address to the EBAY account whenever you are ready. You don't need to add it to Paypal. You can also add a bank account to the Paypal account whenever you are ready.

If your website has never had a Paypal account attached to it then there is no reason why it cannot be linked to your website as well. The account is fully verified with all limits lifted. This is how it was described on the thread and this is what has been supplied. As the account has no transaction history, funds received will be held for 21 days. This again is mentioned on the thread.

As I have told you via email this morning, I have absolutely NO idea what it is you are selling on this website. If your activities are deemed as risky by Paypal then you will get limited fairly quickly. If you put too much money through the account too quickly you'll get problems. Likewise if you plan on selling anything high risk, branded, counterfeit, unlicensed or with digital delivery you can expect problems. I did explain this to you BEFORE you purchased.

If it were me I would actually start using both the accounts and sell low risk items on Ebay first. This helps to establish the account and gives Paypal more confidence in you as a seller. Once you've built up some transaction history I would then add it to the website. That's what I'd do but they're your accounts and its your decision.

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 12-18-2015 at 01:11 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-18-2015), rsot (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015
Threadstarter  

fair enough, nothing high risk, will be selling 10 items at most ranging from £50-90. Electronic items such as CCTV, media players, networking equipment will be sold and dispatched using Royal Mail tracked service. So nothing too high risk.

With it being so close to christmas and past experience, i will hold of listing with this account on ebay and use my existing genuine account. I know how picky ebay buyers are with late delivery, and one bad feedback can destroy an account especially in infancy stage.

Last edited by ukuser; 12-18-2015 at 03:53 AM. Reason: 10 items a week that is. so nothing basically.
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You are listing that on the new ebay?

And you do not think it high risk?

Or the new web site?

Old 12-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
You are listing that on the new ebay?

And you do not think it high risk?

Or the new web site?

on a website... ebay can wait.

To build ratings up on ebay i will sell remote controls, make a little loss.

I been selling these for 3-4 yrs, yet to get banned. So i dont believe high risk. I sell through various forums. If customer needs help, i offer one to one service via teamviewer. I also have live chat facility on website.

Original account was banned due to unforseen circumstances where family member passed away. For several weeks I failed to respond yet left all money in paypal. Ebay did not accept my reasoning, they banned ebay selling side, allowed to buy and paypal account still stands to this day. I accept 10-20k per year through account. Some money withdrawn to bank account, other i spend via paypal access card.
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

You cant get a Paypal access card on a stealth account. That would be serious fraud.
Old 12-18-2015
Threadstarter  

nor do i want one.

my original account i have paypal access card. I currently send invoices to customers selling them products directly through paypal.

-

i only need new paypal account as previous paypal address used on another site. This one i need for fresh site. Ebay would be nice top to get going after new years.#

with regards to high risk, i offer long warranty, with return address. So surely that should not be an issue. Only becomes an issue if you have far too many returns and/or avoid helping customers.

Last edited by ukuser; 12-18-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Very dangerous to list electronic items off the bat OP