paypal limited - need some advice. New to this site & really lost! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-22-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default paypal limited - need some advice. New to this site & really lost!

Summary: I walked into this without realising... made a pp acc with my entertainer name to shield my identity as im an entertainer and honestly I just didnt think it would be an issue LOL. The Account isnt used much & I dont have THAT much ££ going through usually...nothing they've been bothered about, that is, until this year... Xmas came & somebody sent me money to buy a Xmas gift. It flagged my account as it was a larger amount than usual & i've gone over a 'receiving limit'.
Currently acc is on a countdown to being Restricted. :(

Theyve asked me for all sorts of info to lift the limitation - half of it is jibberish to me and I dont have. My entertainer name is not what I trade under its just who i go by if that makes sense.... I didnt realise this wasnt allowed. I feel sheepish - ugh!

The account has got my real phone number & address attached to it. I managed to link bank accounts yesterday and got that verified even though the names dont match. However, is it true pp take back the amount and will see my bank name? Is this true & If so how long does this take?

Ive also logged into both the entertainer acc & my personal acc from the same laptop - after reading about IP addresses i suppose they'll realise & personal one will go down too. :( Id like to try to salvage this so any ideas on that would be helpful.

Secondly, I didnt buy the item I was meant to - its sold out & nowhere has it so im left with an account with some money in it that I want. What do I do to get it? The account is not locked yet... but not sure if transferring will work as the name on bank account isnt the same as the pp acc? Also the bank account is an isa account... would that be ok?
I thought about transferring it to somebody else so then they could get it out - but then will that get them limited too? So many questions and im stumped at what to do...

dont wanna make more of a pigs ear of it!!

thankyou

Last edited by Darcey; 12-22-2015 at 06:49 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-22-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: paypal limited - need some advice. New to this site & really lost!

Read the book, will save us both our energy
Old 12-24-2015
Threadstarter  

so this helps with what to do with an account that i am about to lose? I dont care about making a new account because i didnt mean to creat what is known as a !stealth" account - i just messed up trying to create a buissness one. And all I want to know reakky is how can i get the money out the account before it gets frozen and im not wondering if i can buy items from it without getting myself into trouble? Does the book talk about that? BC in the reveiws it talks about creating new accounts after being thrown off which frankly isnt what im asking
Old 12-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Read the book, will save us both our energy
That was really helpful

Darcey, I'm in USA so you may be better off waiting for the input of a UK member. But over here there are many banks that will allow deposits from a mismatched paypal account. Otherwise, USA "stealth" accounts wouldn't be possible. I think if the bank account has successfully attached to your Paypal account, the deposit would go through. Don't quote me on that though, that's just been my experience in USA.

Also, I'm pretty sure a "receiving" limit only restricts your ability to "receive" funds, lol. I think you can still withdraw.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Darcey (12-25-2015)
Old 12-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Hi Phaz.

Thankyou for taking the time to reply! Ive been really upset about this. The idea ive done something inappropriate really stressed me out!

I was wondering if I could just buy things online? They have my details already and when they link accounts will have my birth name too. The item I am supposed to be buying as my xmas gift has come back in stock! :D But it would mean shipping to my actual address.... but since they have my real details does it matter? Ive read some people request a cheque thats sent to them after being permanently limited... so Im hoping i shouldnt worry about them having my address.

thanks
Old 12-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Sorry, I was away for christmas yesterday. You should still be able to make purchases. Only one way to find out!
Old 12-26-2015

buy the book. worth the money easily