Paypal business accounts....weird issue? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Paypal business accounts....weird issue?

I had made a business account a few months ago, forgot about it and decided to start using it and building it up and my next go to account for my web design business. I received two payments, one small (under $20) one large over $800 and no payments were held. Weird I thought, but sometimes that happens. I then did two withdraws to my bank. I then realized two more things. One, the bank is not confirmed, but let me withdraw anyway? Two, I never added a card to lift the monthly withdraw limits, but it let me withdraw over $500 anyway? Is this because it's a business account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-21-2015
MU

Longevity: 82%
Default Re: Paypal business accounts....weird issue?

Glitch? But yay for no holds.
Old 12-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Glitch? But yay for no holds.
Yeah, its very weird and it was for a lot of money.
Old 12-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Meh - seems like you lucked it....security flags or other measures don't seem to affect your account
Old 12-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Meh - seems like you lucked it....security flags or other measures don't seem to affect your account
Im trying to figure out if it's something specific, but so far no go.
Old 12-23-2015

Longevity: 59%

Cool, god i want to start building websites so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
I had made a business account a few months ago, forgot about it and decided to start using it and building it up and my next go to account for my web design business. I received two payments, one small (under $20) one large over $800 and no payments were held. Weird I thought, but sometimes that happens. I then did two withdraws to my bank. I then realized two more things. One, the bank is not confirmed, but let me withdraw anyway? Two, I never added a card to lift the monthly withdraw limits, but it let me withdraw over $500 anyway? Is this because it's a business account?
Old 12-30-2015

Longevity: 74%

did ebay process the sell or did you do it from paypal directly if it was from paypal directly its normal
Old 12-30-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
All of my business paypal accounts start out that way and have never had holds from day 1...regardless of the ebay account age or paypal account age. Just recently I had to upgrade my account from premier to business and all of my payments had the 21 day hold previously due to the account not being 90 days old yet. After upgrading, I get instant payments. Account still isn't 90 days and neither is the ebay. It is a business account thing.

ALSO, you do NOT need to add a card to lift withdrawal limits on business accounts. You don't even need to add a bank account in order to do that. Because you input last 4 SSN and DOB...that verifies it already. Another thing, you don't need to confirm your bank account...EVER. On any account. Verifying the bank account is only needed to make payments FROM the bank account. You can withdraw any amount to bank without confirming it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-06-2016), dustin2br (01-08-2016)
Old 12-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
All of my business paypal accounts start out that way and have never had holds from day 1...regardless of the ebay account age or paypal account age. Just recently I had to upgrade my account from premier to business and all of my payments had the 21 day hold previously due to the account not being 90 days old yet. After upgrading, I get instant payments. Account still isn't 90 days and neither is the ebay. It is a business account thing.

ALSO, you do NOT need to add a card to lift withdrawal limits on business accounts. You don't even need to add a bank account in order to do that. Because you input last 4 SSN and DOB...that verifies it already. Another thing, you don't need to confirm your bank account...EVER. On any account. Verifying the bank account is only needed to make payments FROM the bank account. You can withdraw any amount to bank without confirming it.
I haven't tried it yet, but if you use a new business stealth with an ebay less then 90 days old, are the holds still there?
Old 12-30-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
I haven't tried it yet, but if you use a new business stealth with an ebay less then 90 days old, are the holds still there?

Yes, eBay still requires the 90 day as a selling account, 25 transactions and $250 in total sales before those payments become instant in paypal
Old 12-30-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Yes, eBay still requires the 90 day as a selling account, 25 transactions and $250 in total sales before those payments become instant in paypal
Paypal CAN override their policy but 99% of the time you still have to pass those requirements.
Old 12-31-2015

Longevity: 50%

Uhhh, yeah. I get my payments instantly from my website, ebay's the only one that seems to have the asinine newbie requirements with paypal.
Old 01-06-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

Properly setup Business account should never get any hold, and yes, you can withdraw to unconfirmed bank account.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoseMarieS For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMarieS View Post
Properly setup Business account should never get any hold, and yes, you can withdraw to unconfirmed bank account.

If your business paypal is correctly made, it would be verified and confirmed.

You are confused with terminology.

Bank accounts are verified for paypal.

Credit/debit/vcc confirm paypal address.

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-06-2016 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-08-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
NO. If you have a business paypal with a brand new ebay, you are still going to receive instant payments. When listing your item, ebay will always give you the "your funds will be held until you become an established seller"...but when you get the payment, it is instant. You will get the email saying instant payment received, and when you check your paypal account....sure enough, it is instant.

BUT beware, if the account says you have a dollar amount "release limit" per month, then anything over that dollar amount will be held for 21 days, no exceptions. So if you create a business account and it says the first $500 are available each month, then the first $500 you receive will be available immediately...if you receive $501, then that $1 will be PENDING for a FULL 21 days, even if the item has been delivered. If you DO NOT receive any message about release limits, then any funds you receive are available immediately.

Last edited by wtfebay; 01-08-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2016

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMarieS View Post
Well, that's somewhat strange, I have properly setup my account, in fact is a business account, two years old, with real identifiable information. Hell.! The account even has a PayPal Credit balance of $1,500, guess what? Holds!! every payment I get gets held for 21 days. Done transactions of over $5,000 and even some < $50, all get held for 21 days. Did the "90 days and Confirmed my telephone land line (business phone line) and nothing! All confirmed, and even after that PayPal payments go on hold.

Now I can't even pay/send money not even checkout, but that's for another discussion..