Provide Proof of Delivery? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-23-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Question Provide Proof of Delivery?

My stealth paypal has been limited and I submitted the required documents and such.

I then got a "Request for Additional Information" by Paypal.

They want tracking numbers for a few transactions. The problem is that these transactions are for digitally delivered goods and there was no tracking involved. I even wrote on the Paypal Invoice I sent to the buyers that it was digitally delivered.

When I called Paypal, the agent on the phone told me "because these are digitally delivered goods and we cannot verify this, we need your SSN". At that point I pretended the call disconnected and I hung up. One day later is when I got the "request for additional information". Also I'm hesitant to call Paypal back because the agent might just ask for SSN again.

How should I proceed here? I was thinking of acquiring tracking numbers that match up to the buyer's city that matches up with the date of the transaction, but I don't know where to get these from.

Edit: Also I searched around the forums and couldn't really find anything pertaining to my situation.

Last edited by StubsKing; 12-23-2015 at 10:18 PM. Reason: additional info
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Provide Proof of Delivery?

So you want to "acquire tracking numbers" that match up with the buyers address? Sorry but that's wishful thinking. You can't magically "buy" or makeup a valid tracking number that matches the buyers Address.

Perhaps you should consider sending a paper or something with a tracking number, you really did this to yourself.
Old 12-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
So you want to "acquire tracking numbers" that match up with the buyers address? Sorry but that's wishful thinking. You can't magically "buy" or makeup a valid tracking number that matches the buyers Address.

Perhaps you should consider sending a paper or something with a tracking number, you really did this to yourself.
Yup this was a mistake on my part. I should've sent SOMETHING with tracking, even though these were digital goods, because it provides "insurance" so to say in case Paypal investigates.

I read an old post on here that mentioned that tracking numbers do not show the exact address, and Paypal can possibly be fooled if the city or zip code is close enough, but that is wishful thinking as you said.

Looks like I'm in a pretty tough situation. If I call, I expect to be asked for SSN again. I don't think explaining to an agent that these were digital goods would do any good, since Paypal views that as high-risk.

Also are you saying I should just send something with tracking right now? Wouldn't that be obvious to Paypal since it was clearly shipped after the date of my limitation? Unless I make up some excuse like it got held up at the post office for a long time since it is around the Holidays....

Last edited by StubsKing; 12-24-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubsKing View Post
Also are you saying I should just send something with tracking right now?
Nope, not saying that at all.....

Quote:
Wouldn't that be obvious to Paypal since it was clearly shipped after the date of my limitation? Unless I make up some excuse like it got held up at the post office for a long time since it is around the Holidays....
Printing a Shipping Label Now would only make it worse, PayPal wants to see Delivery Confirmation within a certain time period.

I wish there was something possible but I don't see how it could work. If PayPal is asking for SSN then your gonna have to maybe convince PayPal to take an EIN? maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 12-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

do you have regular receipts, not tracked ones for that period? it is better to submit something than nothing.
Old 12-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
do you have regular receipts, not tracked ones for that period? it is better to submit something than nothing.
Well nothing was shipped since these are digital goods, so I don't have any shipment receipt. I did submit invoices though, which Paypal has approved of.
Old 12-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubsKing View Post
Well nothing was shipped since these are digital goods, so I don't have any shipment receipt. I did submit invoices though, which Paypal has approved of.
no, I meant postal receipts for other goods you sent - anything for that period, to show something was sent, not tracked, someone you now might have some....

I mean, for example, I have a bag full of receipts for every day of the week for last few months, which could be used for UK anyway......

or using a editor......a 2 can turn in to a 1 or a 1 in to a 0 hehe, you can lose 10 days.............

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-26-2015 at 11:23 AM.