Paypal limited. Does this mean I can't use it on my online store anymore? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-25-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Paypal limited. Does this mean I can't use it on my online store anymore?

Hi all, today my PP account has been limited because of offering a c-feit item in my ebay account. So the ebay account is still open, but the PP one is limited.

However, the most significant problem is that this same PP account is also connected with my website, which has its own online store.

So does that definately mean, that this website can never again be connected with any other PP (stealth) account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: Paypal limited. Does this mean I can't use it on my online store anymore?

Uh...yeah. They wont associate with you anymore and will tell you to take their logo away off of your site.
Old 12-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Paypal limited. Does this mean I can't use it on my online store anymore?

They already did in their email. I have contacted them to see if I can send them some documents, proving this item is not c-feit, but I am not sure if this will work.

However, as I said - the PP account has been limited because of the items in my ebay account and not because of the items in my personal website, so I am thinking - if I make a new stealth PP (with all new info, card and so on), will they still link them just because I will connect my website to the new one.

I am not sure how the connection between PP and other websites is working and if the domain name of the site is enough for limiting the new PP.
Old 12-25-2015

Longevity: 48%

I would probably change the domain name and the theme before adding a new paypal just to be safe and next time keep your website paypal separate from ebay it would probably last longer.
Old 12-26-2015

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumen1 View Post
They already did in their email. I have contacted them to see if I can send them some documents, proving this item is not c-feit, but I am not sure if this will work.

However, as I said - the PP account has been limited because of the items in my ebay account and not because of the items in my personal website, so I am thinking - if I make a new stealth PP (with all new info, card and so on), will they still link them just because I will connect my website to the new one.

I am not sure how the connection between PP and other websites is working and if the domain name of the site is enough for limiting the new PP.
You better not to do that, I did it once and immediately the new pp got limited.
Old 12-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

You will not be able to link anymore PP to the store.

You will need to start fresh....

New Store and new PP and never use that PP on ebay.

Make separate eb/pp accounts for selling on ebay

You have some work ahead of you. There is no quick fix for this.
Old 12-26-2015
Threadstarter  

funny thing is that they never asked me to add the domain name in Paypal. They just needed some apps to be installed. So does that mean, that if I change the domain, it still wouldn't work?

And one other thing - a friend of mine has his PP suspended for the very same reason (probably the same competitor did this to him too) and after calling paypal, they provided him a link to attach documents, proving, that the item, that was the reason for the limitation, is not c-feit.

Anyone elase had similar issue? Because he also got the same email, saying, that the limitation can not be appealed.

Last edited by rumen1; 12-26-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2015

Longevity: 48%

If they don't have your domain then just remove the apps, clear history, change ip and make a new paypal, just don't use it on ebay.
Old 12-26-2015

Longevity: 55%

Just create a stealth and add a PayPal widget to your site, it really shouldn't effect it and a website shouldn't link it because what if a company bought your website? Check out stripe as well, that's a really good payment service for ecommerce stores
Old 12-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys, I am ready to blow one stealth PP just to try, because for sure that will be easier than changing the domain. And for sure I will not make the same mistake and use the same PP for ebay and the website.

It is just that I never knew, that such a thing can happen. I had many items stopped in Ebay, but I never knew, that paypal can suspend you for selling c-feit items and that they can ssuspend your account so brutally - without warning, without checking if it is really a c-feit or not, without asking - just BAM, suspended without appeal! Never knew such thing can happen. And this was a 3-year old PP account without any red flags.

Last edited by rumen1; 12-26-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2016
Threadstarter  

OK, here is some update. I opened the new account a month ago and after I verified it, I connected it with my store 10 days ago. Yesterday I got a message, that my Paypal is temporarly limited because of some items, that "violate their policy". So I have deactivated these items in my website and asked them to review my website again and to see if now it covers their policy. They did and today my Paypal became active again. Of course right after that I have returned the items in question back for sale.

I'm not sure if there will be a problem again and if someone will manually review my website again in the future, but I guess I would just have to wait and see...
Old 01-31-2016

Why did you list the offending items again?, they already warned you that they are not acceptable, deactivate them, replace them with new items, none of which are foofoo and carry on, no need to carry on towards a total outright suspension which is the way you are heading by listing them again. There is no 'wait and see' on this one, they have warned you, next step will be suspension!
Old 01-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Why did you list the offending items again?, they already warned you that they are not acceptable, deactivate them, replace them with new items, none of which are foofoo and carry on, no need to carry on towards a total outright suspension which is the way you are heading by listing them again. There is no 'wait and see' on this one, they have warned you, next step will be suspension!
Why? He missed the class about putting his hand on the hot stove...

He thinks paypal is as silly as him.

Ah, it will make for another post on cruel paypal.

RosieTosie (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Why? He missed the class about putting his hand on the hot stove...

He thinks paypal is as silly as him.

Ah, it will make for another post on cruel paypal.

Oh yes he certainly did miss the class greenie, in the words of the classic Talking Heads single off years back he is definately "on the road to nowhere".
Old 01-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumen1 View Post
OK, here is some update. I opened the new account a month ago and after I verified it, I connected it with my store 10 days ago. Yesterday I got a message, that my Paypal is temporarly limited because of some items, that "violate their policy". So I have deactivated these items in my website and asked them to review my website again and to see if now it covers their policy. They did and today my Paypal became active again. Of course right after that I have returned the items in question back for sale.

I'm not sure if there will be a problem again and if someone will manually review my website again in the future, but I guess I would just have to wait and see...

Why on earth would you risk your whole website / business for a few items??

Paypal wont be so forgiving next time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016
Threadstarter  

Because this is what my website is all about. Selling t-shirts with trademarks on it. Sorry to say it, but that's the way it is - 95% of my items are like that. I'm sure I'm the only one in this forum

If I remove them, there is no point of having the website anyway. I have another website with items, that violates Paypal rules the same way, but it is selling and using paypal from 10 years without problems.

But what should I do? What do you suggest? Yeah, I have missed your class, maybe, but what do you suggest I can do? If they suspend it again, I will just change the domain name and that's it.

I will be glad to hear a smarter solution about this, instead of getting attacks with words like "silly", but I doubt anyone has one

Last edited by rumen1; 01-31-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2016

Longevity: 50%

send a paypal invoice for each order
Old 02-01-2016

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
send a paypal invoice for each order
Why is it better to send a paypal invoice ?
Old 02-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaydanny View Post
Why is it better to send a paypal invoice ?
because if the website is not linked to paypal, paypal will never knows he sells counterfeit items
Old 02-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
because if the website is not linked to paypal, paypal will never knows he sells counterfeit items
You hope....

You are failing to take into account buyers and their silliness.

Old 02-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
You hope....

You are failing to take into account buyers and their silliness.

I am sorry, but i don't really get what you mean.

You mean buyers will complain to paypal ?
Old 02-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I am sorry, but i don't really get what you mean.

You mean buyers will complain to paypal ?
Yes. User just the other day had a problem.

He had sent an invoice to a buyer. Was an issue, buyer revealed the name of the site that had a limited paypal already.... New paypal got limited too.