Safe amount of money to move around - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-08-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Safe amount of money to move around

With having a new PayPal and taking it slow, what would be the safest to move around, either buying or selling within a month.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2009

Longevity: 91%

I think it really depend on the category you are selling in. Paypal will scrutinize your account much more if you sell in a "hot" category. I opened my latest account on December first, didn't even bother buying anything and immediately started listings. I started 15 listings everynight ending in 3 days. After a couple of days I started listing 25 items every night. By the end of the week, I had 11 feedback already so i converted al lof my auctions to buy it now. I listed them for 30 days with featured, bold, highlight, all the goodies. I'm not going to be paying any fees on this account so I thought what the hell might as well go all out. At first I had about $150-200 per day running through my paypal account, I now am taking in $600-700 per day. I never withdraw more than $500 in a 24 hour period and I suggest you do the same. I keep thinking that any day my account is going to limited, but it still hasn't happened yet. When I started out, I shipped all goods same day payment was received to have the 21 day hold lifted quickly. Now that none of my payments are being held, and I am expecting the limitation to come anyday, I don't ship any goods until the money has hit my bank account. That way when the inevitable limitation happens, I will just refund the payments that i haven't shipped yet, close the bank account linked to my paypal and start all over again. So bottom line this is my advice

*Add the tracking number into paypal on ALL orders, even after they stop being held
*Keep withdraws under $500 per day
*Keep your withdraws consistent (withdraw aroud the same amount per dayif possible)
*Always leave at least a few bucks in your account
*Expect the limitation because sooner or later it will come

I am coming up to my second billing cycle and have already used 2 prepaid cards on this account (ebayfees bounced every time, theyare only $25 cards) to verify but the second billing cycle they will lock your ebay account if payment is not received. I hope to make it till then with this paypal and if i do, that will prove that you can in fact immediately begin taking in large amounts of money into your paypalaccount as long as it is not a "hot" category and you play your cards right.
Old 01-18-2009

Longevity: 88%

I just found out there is no safe method with paypal. You will get the limitation sooner or later no matter what you do. I followed their 21 day hold and still got limited. Luckily I wasn't selling high priced items otherwise I would have a lot of money in paypal.

Last edited by clotinc; 01-18-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thats when a merchant comes in handy
Old 01-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfire667 View Post
I think it really depend on the category you are selling in. Paypal will scrutinize your account much more if you sell in a "hot" category. I opened my latest account on December first, didn't even bother buying anything and immediately started listings. I started 15 listings everynight ending in 3 days. After a couple of days I started listing 25 items every night. By the end of the week, I had 11 feedback already so i converted al lof my auctions to buy it now. I listed them for 30 days with featured, bold, highlight, all the goodies. I'm not going to be paying any fees on this account so I thought what the hell might as well go all out. At first I had about $150-200 per day running through my paypal account, I now am taking in $600-700 per day. I never withdraw more than $500 in a 24 hour period and I suggest you do the same. I keep thinking that any day my account is going to limited, but it still hasn't happened yet. When I started out, I shipped all goods same day payment was received to have the 21 day hold lifted quickly. Now that none of my payments are being held, and I am expecting the limitation to come anyday, I don't ship any goods until the money has hit my bank account. That way when the inevitable limitation happens, I will just refund the payments that i haven't shipped yet, close the bank account linked to my paypal and start all over again. So bottom line this is my advice

*Add the tracking number into paypal on ALL orders, even after they stop being held
*Keep withdraws under $500 per day
*Keep your withdraws consistent (withdraw aroud the same amount per dayif possible)
*Always leave at least a few bucks in your account
*Expect the limitation because sooner or later it will come

I am coming up to my second billing cycle and have already used 2 prepaid cards on this account (ebayfees bounced every time, theyare only $25 cards) to verify but the second billing cycle they will lock your ebay account if payment is not received. I hope to make it till then with this paypal and if i do, that will prove that you can in fact immediately begin taking in large amounts of money into your paypalaccount as long as it is not a "hot" category and you play your cards right.
^^^

100% Cut-throat.
Old 01-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesYaBaoy View Post
^^^

100% Cut-throat.
Alllllllllll day long! :D

Haha it's funny that you should post this because my paypal finally went down yesterday morning. I woke up and logged into my paypal to check on the previous nights sales only to be greeted with the "We noticed some unusual activity on your acount and have temporarily limited it for your protection..." blah blah blah. I actually cracked up when I saw this because the account lasted way longer than i had been expecting. I had $800 sitting in the account so I refunded all of those payments. None of those orders had been shipped yet.

I logged into my eBay acount and it was still running normally. Knowing that eBay wouldn't let me close my account (for those of you that don't know, eBay won't let you close your account if you've made sales in the past 90 days) I decided to have a little bit of fun. Im sure most of us have had the pleasure of getting one of Paypals "Parting ways" emails, so I decided to make a variation of that. I fired an email off to eBay reading as below:

Dear eBay,
I have been reviewing the services that you have been providing for me these past few months, and due to the excessive risk involved, I would like to begin the process of parting ways in a manner that is least
disruptive to your business.

I reviewed my recordsand see that I owe $2935.72 in fees to you. That seems just a tad high for the automated services and horrendous customer support you have provided me, is it not? However, i knew the fees when I signed up so I feel obligated to pay them. I have written a check to cover the full amount plus a little extra just because I love you guys so much. The check is IN THE MAIL! You should receive it by the end of the week. If for some reason it gets lost, feel free to turn my account over to your collection agency. And from the very deepest bottom of my heart I wish you the very best of luck in collecting the payment owed on this account.

It's been a fabulous time working with you these past few months and I wish you the best of luck in all of your future business ventures. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me at your soonest conveniance. Please hurry as I am leaving to my new home in Iceland later today. This email as well as my phone number, credit card, and bank account will all be shut down shortly. I will also be torching my house to the ground, so if you show up at my address you will find only a vaccant lot. Feel free to fly someone in today if you wish to speak with me. Otherwise I will see you in Iceland!

Best regards,

PS Tell your wife last night was GREAT! Tuna is my favorite.

I know we all think nobody actually reads our emails at eBay, but low and behold 20 minutes later I got a reply back! In it they told me I had been suspended for abusing eBay. Coincidence.... Or not??

After shutting down everything related to this account, I created a new one and will start the process all over. That is, after I finish my move of course :D

I love eBay! I love Paypal! Good luck to you all and keep on keeping on

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-18-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Haha it's funny that you should post this because my paypal finally went down yesterday morning. I woke up and logged into my paypal to check on the previous nights sales only to be greeted with the "We noticed some unusual activity on your acount and have temporarily limited it for your protection..." blah blah blah. I actually cracked up when I saw this because the account lasted way longer than i had been expecting. I had $800 sitting in the account so I refunded all of those payments. None of those orders had been shipped yet.

I logged into my eBay acount and it was still running normally. Knowing that eBay wouldn't let me close my account (for those of you that don't know, eBay won't let you close your account if you've made sales in the past 90 days) I decided to have a little bit of fun. Im sure most of us have had the pleasure of getting one of Paypals "Parting ways" emails, so I decided to make a variation of that. I fired an email off to eBay reading as below:

Dear eBay,
I have been reviewing the services that you have been providing for me these past few months, and due to the excessive risk involved, I would like to begin the process of parting ways in a manner that is least

I reviewed my recordsand see that I owe $2935.72 in fees to you. That seems just a tad high for the automated services and horrendous customer support you have provided me, is it not? However, i knew the fees when I signed up so I feel obligated to pay them. I have written a check to cover the full amount plus a little extra just because I love you guys so much. The check is IN THE MAIL! You should receive it by the end of the week. If for some reason it gets lost, feel free to turn my account over to your collection agency. And from the very deepest bottom of my heart I wish you the very best of luck in collecting the payment owed on this account.

It's been a fabulous time working with you these past few months and I wish you the best of luck in all of your future business ventures. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me at your soonest conveniance. Please hurry as I am leaving to my new home in Iceland later today. This email as well as my phone number, credit card, and bank account will all be shut down shortly. I will also be torching my house to the ground, so if you show up at my address you will find only a vaccant lot. Feel free to fly someone in today if you wish to speak with me. Otherwise I will see you in Iceland!

Best regards,

I know we all think nobody actually reads our emails at eBay, but low and behold 20 minutes later I got a reply back! In it they told me I had been suspended for abusing eBay. Coincidence.... Or not??

After shutting down everything related to this account, I created a new one and will start the process all over. That is, after I finish my move of course :D

LMAO....
Almost $3k in fees...I take it these are accounts are 100% stealth..?

I would like to screw eBay the same way, but once I get in my routine going I dont link any unexpected bumps, creating new accounts,building feedback,etc...is so troublesome.
Old 01-19-2009

Quote:
LMAO....
Almost $3k in fees...I take it these are accounts are 100% stealth..?

I would like to screw eBay the same way, but once I get in my routine going I dont link any unexpected bumps, creating new accounts,building feedback,etc...is so troublesome.
Yup all my accounts are 110% stealth, that's why Im not worried about getting sent to collections. I think collections is gonna have a hard time collecting money form a non-existent person who lives at a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address LOL. For me, starting a new account every couple of months is a lot more viable then keeping one up. All my items cost under $20 and I have found that I make the same number of sales weather I have 0 feedback or hundred's of positive. So stiffing eBay for $2000-3000 in fees every couple of months is just more money in my pocket :D
It's really not much of a hassle for me either since I use auctiva. Once an account goes down, I just cancel my eBay token on auctiva. Then I create a new Windows user name and switch IP addresses and log back into auctiva and create a new token with my new account. Then I just relist all of my old auctions on my new ebay name and let the good times roll! Sometimes I switch the auctions up slightly, but usually not. I have found that it makes no difference in how long my accounts stay up. A lot of buyers in my category constantly come back to reorder, so I bet it seems weird to them to see me selling my items from a different name every couple of months. I always make sure my customers are 100% satisfied though so I have never had anyone report me to eBay.
Old 01-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Fastfire667.....
How can you cancel the token through Auctive?
The only reference I can find inside Auctiva about the token is here:
From the "My Account" Tab and the "eBay Settings" link

eBay Account Username: XXXXXXX
eBay Email Address: XXXXXXXX@gmail.com
Token Status: eBay account has been suspended
Token Expiration: --
Get New Token

How do you cancel the token?
Or do you just get a new token?
Old 01-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Fastfire667.....
How can you cancel the token through Auctive?
The only reference I can find inside Auctiva about the token is here:
From the "My Account" Tab and the "eBay Settings" link

eBay Account Username: XXXXXXX
eBay Email Address: XXXXXXXX@gmail.com
Token Status: eBay account has been suspended
Token Expiration: --
Get New Token

How do you cancel the token?
Or do you just get a new token?

Sorry I should have been more clear in my post. Technically I don't cancel my token, it is automatically cancelled by auctiva when my account get's suspended by ebay. Once my eBay account goes down, the Auctiva token immediately gets cancelled. Next time I log into my Auctiva account, it prompts me that my token has been cancelled. I click on create new token it takes me to eBay to make a new one. If I were to do this, I'msure it would link the accounts. That's why I said use new user name and IP address before I log in to auctiva and create a new token. As long as you have all cookies/flash cookies removed and switch up the IP, creating a new token through auctiva won't link the accounts through my anecdotal experience.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fastfire667 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (01-20-2009), Cachufleta (02-01-2009), Here We Go Again (01-20-2009)
Old 01-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

SO basically this would save yo ufrom having to make a new Auctiva account, correct?
Old 01-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^
Humm..... Sounds like it...
Old 01-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
SO basically this would save yo ufrom having to make a new Auctiva account, correct?
Yup that's exactly what I'm saying! I sure wish that I had known this a long time ago, I have spent countless hours uploading the same pictures/listings into auctiva over and over and over....
And I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem as well. Switching up your tokens on Auctiva isn't something I've seen discussed on the forums before, hopefully some others who have discovered this same technique can chime in as well. It really does make the process of switching to selling on a new eBay account very painless. Even more so if you sell low dollar items like me so having zero feedback doesn't really have any impact on your sales.

Another little trick I found useful in this process is as follows:
I sell about 25 different items in the same category. They all cost under $20. I keep 2 versions of all my auctions saved in my Auctiva templates, one for Buy It Now and one in auction format. I prefer to use buy it now for my auctions, but having both on hand makes switching to a new eBay account easy since you need a few feedbacks before you can post buy it now auctions. When I start a new sellers account I just post a bunch in the auction format, and then after a few days when I have 10-15 feedback I just repost everything using my Buy It Now templates Auctiva.
Stealth accounts+New eBay Tokens+Well tended to Auctiva account=Streamlined $$$$ making machine!!

Last edited by fastfire667; 01-21-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 01-21-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
hmm, does this work? i sell hundreds of unique (different picture) clothing, having to not vacate auctiva profiles would be helpful
Old 01-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Why not jsut keep 2 or 3 differnt verisons of the auction in html format saved...

copy and paste and your ready to go!
Old 01-23-2009

Quote:
Why not jsut keep 2 or 3 differnt verisons of the auction in html format saved...

copy and paste and your ready to go!
Ya that would work to. But for some people who have many many auctions copying, pasting, saving, etc could still be quite the chore in and of itself.
Old 02-01-2009

Interesting! I looked into my Auctiva and could not find a place where I would change ID (new Ebay Account name). Do you need to first get suspended from Ebay for this option to be available? What if I change my user name on my Ebay account? Where do I go than in Auctiva to change?
I have to say the email sent to Ebay really was funny!!! You are sharp.. If you can answer my questions, I would appreciate. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lyda.....
Please add your flag to your account here.
eBay/Paypal rules vari by country.
Go to your "User CP" into your "Edit Your Details" and add your correct country flag.
This helps since eBay/Paypal Rules are different by country.
Thanks

ALSO
Did you even read this thread before you made your post?
I personally asked this SAME EXACT question in this thread 13 days ago.
Just look up and read the thread.
My question was posted #9
And was answered in post #10
Please learn to read a thread before you post question that have already been answered in the thread you are posting to.

Here is a link to the posts I am describing in case you can't find them
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...html#post73190
Old 02-02-2009

Longevity: 88%

With Auctiva, you can simply do a find and replace. Create a folder. Move everything that you want to be changed from auction to BIN. Then, you can change everything in the folder all at once.

Thanks for the tips! I am definitely going to try it. I have an account that I am trying to keep right now. It has been up for a year, started selling on it in November and am a silver PS. Pay my fees daily. No VERO. But, I do have a few sleeper accounts. And after Ebay ruined my business and my reputation. And almost lost my house due to no income, I really don't have a problem with sticking them with the bill - BIGGER the better!
Old 02-03-2009

Longevity: 89%
Cool

Quote:

Dear eBay,

Best regards,

While I really think this letter is inspirational & great in theory, Ebay does NOT CARE ABOUT HOW THEIR PRACTICES HURT THE LITTLE GUY & unfortunately all it is doing is showing ebay that you are playing them - this is just gonna lead to a more Nazi like ebay community with no power sellers left but Walmart and BUY.COM
Old 02-05-2009

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lyda.....
Please add your flag to your account here.
eBay/Paypal rules vari by country.
Go to your "User CP" into your "Edit Your Details" and add your correct country flag.
This helps since eBay/Paypal Rules are different by country.
Thanks

ALSO
Did you even read this thread before you made your post?
I personally asked this SAME EXACT question in this thread 13 days ago.
Just look up and read the thread.
My question was posted #9
And was answered in post #10
Please learn to read a thread before you post question that have already been answered in the thread you are posting to.

Here is a link to the posts I am describing in case you can't find them
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...html#post73190
Thank you so much "Here We Go Again"! I added the flag and apologize to get lost sometimes...I try not to post already answered questions. Thanks for giving me an answer anyway!