Paypal "ghost" accounts - would this work? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-10-2007
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash
Default Paypal "ghost" accounts - would this work?

Okay, I think I've seen this touched on a little bit here and there in other threads before, though never in very much detail. I've tried to look but found nothing.

Anyway have any of you done this or think it would work? I have a premier paypal account with my real info that I'm actually using to withdraw money into my checking account; this account has had the withdrawal limit lifted already.. Now what I want to do is try and create a few unverified "ghost" paypal personal accounts to accept payments directly from auctions on my (⊗⊗⊗⊗) eBay account. Then, once I get the money into these ghost pp accounts I just send the money to my REAL paypal account so that I can withdraw the money from there afterward.

The reason I want to try this is so that I have some kind of a protection in the off-chance that eBay somehow links an auction to the PP account I use for payment. If they do hopefully I can just make another ghost PP account and so no big deal. What I'm worried about is the possibility that Paypal would somehow link my real account with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones that are sending it all the money. But would they even notice this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Paypal probably wouldn't notice just by sending money. The way they will link the accounts is by your IP and cookies. If you log into on account using one IP address, then logout and login into the other. That's how it'll happen.

If you separate accounts by IP and cookies, you shouldn't have this problem.
Old 08-11-2007

Longevity: 96%

Great idea in theory if it works!
Would like to investigate this further somehow.
Old 08-11-2007
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Paypal probably wouldn't notice just by sending money. The way they will link the accounts is by your IP and cookies. If you log into on account using one IP address, then logout and login into the other. That's how it'll happen.

Yeah, I'm well into the habit of deleting all cookies directly before and after each login to feeBay and Paypal, so this shouldn't be such an issue. I don't take my chances AT ALL here.

As for the IPs, I'm using AOL (for one) as a proxy each time I log in to eBay. For Paypal I always login using my local broadband connection. Hopefully this would be enough to throw them off..
Old 08-11-2007

Longevity: 99%

This will work until you receive a payment from a credit card and have to upgrade the account.
Old 08-12-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalawash View Post
Okay, I think I've seen this touched on a little bit here and there in other threads before, though never in very much detail. I've tried to look but found nothing.

Anyway have any of you done this or think it would work? I have a premier paypal account with my real info that I'm actually using to withdraw money into my checking account; this account has had the withdrawal limit lifted already.. Now what I want to do is try and create a few unverified "ghost" paypal personal accounts to accept payments directly from auctions on my (⊗⊗⊗⊗) eBay account. Then, once I get the money into these ghost pp accounts I just send the money to my REAL paypal account so that I can withdraw the money from there afterward.

The reason I want to try this is so that I have some kind of a protection in the off-chance that eBay somehow links an auction to the PP account I use for payment. If they do hopefully I can just make another ghost PP account and so no big deal. What I'm worried about is the possibility that Paypal would somehow link my real account with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones that are sending it all the money. But would they even notice this?

That won't work. I tried that and what paypal will do is if your getting money into the ghost account paypal will limit your new account"of course" then they will limit your real paypal account too since it has been receiving money from the ghost account on a daily basis.
Old 08-12-2007

Default Do Not Transfer Money To Ghost Accounts!

If you create a ghost account and transfer money from your main paypal to the ghost account and do this multiple times, paypal will suspend your main account.

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW THINGS YOU CAN DO TO SUSPEND YOU MAIN ACCOUNT. IF PAYPAL IS AWARE YOU ARE BUILDING FALSE ACCOUNTS WITH THEM THEY WILL TAKE YOU OUT!
Old 08-12-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Makes sense.
Old 08-12-2007
MU
Threadstarter  

I see. Glad that I asked, in that case! :(
Old 08-13-2007

Longevity: 99%

So these "ghost accounts" - Are any of them under a different name or are you just setting up multiple Paypals with the same information?
Old 08-13-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So these "ghost accounts" - Are any of them under a different name or are you just setting up multiple Paypals with the same information?
chris yawns and have a sense of "De Ja Vu" once again..

Come on guys it is common sense.
Old 08-13-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugfish99 View Post
If you create a ghost account and transfer money from your main paypal to the ghost account and do this multiple times, paypal will suspend your main account.

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW THINGS YOU CAN DO TO SUSPEND YOU MAIN ACCOUNT. IF PAYPAL IS AWARE YOU ARE BUILDING FALSE ACCOUNTS WITH THEM THEY WILL TAKE YOU OUT!
yep its all common sense
Old 08-13-2007
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I didn't end up making any in the first place. That's the reason I came here to ask, before I would have tried it.
Old 08-13-2007
Banned

Naw ghost accounts dont work. You have to know ebay and paypal is very very smart. Not to insult anyones intelligence here but it is the truth. ..

Seriously dont you think that transferring money from a ghost account everday wont raise a red flag?
Old 08-13-2007
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Naw ghost accounts dont work. You have to know ebay and paypal is very very smart. Not to insult anyones intelligence here but it is the truth. ..

Seriously dont you think that transferring money from a ghost account everday wont raise a red flag?
Well to quote myself in the OP:

Quote:
What I'm worried about is the possibility that Paypal would somehow link my real account with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones that are sending it all the money. But would they even notice this?
Of course I thought so! Still, it's not a crime to ask and find out for sure.
Old 08-13-2007
MU
Threadstarter  

Anyway, I don't know about Paypal (eBay MAYBE) being "very very smart".. it seems all they do is shoot first and ask questions later. Whenever there is even the slightest possibility of shady dealings going on with someone's account they just limit/freeze it right away until the account holder gives in and divulges their life story. Of course they will catch fraudsters in their tracks - but along with a lot of innocent people as well!

It's like using a nuclear weapon to kill a fly. Pretty effective, but it doesn't take brains.. just sheer recklessness and disregard for anyone else!
Old 08-13-2007

i think if you send 500 or less every week or so they mght not catch on to it as long as its a diffrent ip address and cookies are deleted...
Old 08-13-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

If both accounts are in good standing and are premier then it should not be a problem. Of course you'll get charged twice for the luxury of having a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account. You don't need to send less than 500 a week. Sending money to another account on a regular basis doesn't prove you are the same person especially if you have different ips although paypal rarely needs proof to suspend you. A "ghost" account is useful if you want the money in your account in case of a bogus dispute which prevents the money from being withdrawn to your bank but not from sending to another member.
Old 04-28-2015

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Paypal "ghost" accounts - would this work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post

How do i seperate the accounts my IP and Cookies if i want to be at the same place?
Old 04-29-2015

Longevity: 62%

Way to blow the thick pile of dust bunnies off this thread
Old 04-30-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Way to blow the thick pile of dust bunnies off this thread