Learned something new - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-13-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Learned something new

In my search to learn more about Paypal limitations and how to avoid them, I've recently learned that part of the reason accounts are limited is due to inconsistent activity on the account. Part of this is common sense. But there's another part. Apparently, Paypal's system is equipped to check your IP location and history just like ebay. If you suddenly show up half way across the country logging into your account and there is not already a past history of this for you, you MAY be limited. The same goes for payment amounts inconsistent with your usual business and the use of proxies.

My question/comment is, does this go for AOL too? As AOL is a proxy, does the system have as much a tendency to block those if you log on to paypal while logged onto aol? Or does Paypal, like Ebay, understand that AOL users are always on a proxy and therefore give them more leeway?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

""In my search to learn more about Paypal limitations and how to avoid them, I've recently learned that part of the reason accounts are limited is due to inconsistent activity on the account. Part of this is common sense. But there's another part. Apparently, Paypal's system is equipped to check your IP location and history just like ebay. If you suddenly show up half way across the country logging into your account and there is not already a past history of this for you, you MAY be limited. The same goes for payment amounts inconsistent with your usual business and the use of proxies.""

DUHHHHH! thats only what we have been trying to say for 15 years now..LOL

you know I had to get you on this one Jack
Old 08-13-2007
Threadstarter  

Do you have something to say to me Chris? Do we have a problem?

I fail to see where you've tried to say anything about this lately if ever. I don't believe you've ever even mentioned using AOL or proxies as related to Paypal. Hell, you don't even USE Paypal.

Didn't your momma ever teach you "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say nothin at all?" Pimping your post count with this rubbish is not impressing me. Anyone else?
Old 08-13-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
""In my search to learn more about Paypal limitations and how to avoid them, I've recently learned that part of the reason accounts are limited is due to inconsistent activity on the account. Part of this is common sense. But there's another part. Apparently, Paypal's system is equipped to check your IP location and history just like ebay. If you suddenly show up half way across the country logging into your account and there is not already a past history of this for you, you MAY be limited. The same goes for payment amounts inconsistent with your usual business and the use of proxies.""

DUHHHHH! thats only what we have been trying to say for 15 years now
Chris please keep post like these to your self.
Old 08-13-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

A lot of people use AOL Jack. I'm sure like eBay; Paypal knows this and has adapted to accept it. You shouldn't have a problem using it at all. Even static IPs. As long as your IP address doesn't change locations too often, Paypal usually doesn't have a problem with it.
Old 08-13-2007
Threadstarter  

Thanks Aspkin