Buying after suspention/new account?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-12-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Buying after suspention/new account??

Hi, i've just been suspended on ebay, i'm linked with a suspended user, rubbish, all my postive feedback down the drain.
I'm seriously thinking about starting a new account using the info on the site.
Selling won't be a problem, my qusetion is if you buy something, the seller will post it to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address you use when you register.
So unless you send a message to the seller immediately after you buy the item and hope he reads it before he posts the item, it will go to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address and you might not ever get it??
But if you give ebay your real address as your delivery address then will you get linked to the suspended acount and then get suspended again?

BTW this site is great !!

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Yes, you'll need to contact the seller if you're going to buy something. And yes if you use your real name and address you will be linked and suspended.
Old 08-13-2007

Longevity: 97%

Just make sure before you pay him ask if it would be OK to send it to "address x" as you are not currently at your eBay postal address.
Old 08-13-2007

Thumbs up More than one way to skin a cat!

Actually that does not have to be the case. You do not need to use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address or any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information to open another account. I was suspended from eBay twice. The second time I signed-up I did what you are talking about and I was reported by the seller...naturally I was suspended again and I refused to give eBay all the documentation ther required to keep my account open.

I am now back on eBay with a new name (not ⊗⊗⊗⊗), a legitimate different address, fresh bank account and an actual debit/credit card. I did not need to move or do anything drastic. Nor did I have to use anybody elses address, name or bank. I learned how to get a new anonymous eBay account by reading the eBook EBAY REPLAY. they have many ideas that most of us just do not consider. I have had no conflicts with eBay since incorporating their information for this new account. The book is over a 180 pages of information and resources to solve these and many other variables that must be handled ...so obviously I cannot explain how to do everything here. I suggest (at the risk of being accused of "plugging" this eBook:( ) that you check out the 5 free chapters of this book and then determine if you think it can help you.
Old 08-13-2007

stealtdog why don't you just upload the ebook so we could all see it?
Old 08-13-2007

Hey LongMan, the eBook is just shy of 17MB...a bit large for that. Not to mention this ebook is hardware locked; these people have incorporated a security on the book that requires unique Key Codes to unlock it. So even if i could upload it it would do you no good. Anyway, the download is free. Heck you can download it right now...but good luck opening it.
Old 08-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster72 View Post
Stealthdog, correct me if I am wrong, are you taking about...

1. Go to the county office and get a DBA (doing business as) under a new company name (or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ persons name) for about $20
2. Get a po box at a "mom and pop" type post office. Use the street address of the post office with your box # (example: 825 Main St #251)
3. Get a checking account with your new DBA and new address
4. Use that info for Ebay and Paypal.

I plan on doing that if I get suspended again. So far I'm pretty good with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info, less work and cost too. One thing I miss is my Paypal debit card. I don't think there is a way for me to ever apply for it now (unless I follow the list above)

Don't rag on stealthdog too much. What he says it right. Ebay Replay really is that good and if they had an affiliate program I would be pushing it more too.
Has anyone proven this to work? Seems perfectly doable for setting up the ebay account, but doesn't PP require an SS#? If they do and you have an existing account with the same SS# wouldn't you be out of luck?

Seems like a great concept and fairly easy to pull off. My question is

HAS IT BEEN PROVEN YET?
Old 08-13-2007
Executive [VIP]

I think they only require SSN for US accounts? Why not register a Mexican or Canadian account :D
Old 08-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I think they only require SSN for US accounts? Why not register a Mexican or Canadian account :D
Would you need a real account in Mexico or Canada? What is required to get one? How would you go about getting your money out? If it was a real account you could obviously transfer it to a US account or write yourself a check. Would it affect how you register on ebay? Would it have to be ebay Canada?
Can you get one online (not a real big deal, I am just a few hour drive from Canada, but do not have a passport which is now required to go back and forth)?