Heyall *HELP WITH %#@$ DHL HELL..." - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 01-08-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Unhappy Heyall *HELP WITH %#@$ DHL HELL..."

I've just moved to Cyprus where the customs open and damage items like there ain't no tomorrow.

Anyhoo I got a bag from some Chinese auction website, claimed to be never used and new with all the packaging and it was legit like comes from receipt and all and I thought I'll save much self money I'll get it and they'll DHL it, I was used to it the UK way, 5 years of dealing with websites like that, all DHL never had a single problem and never paid a penny for tax or anything.

So now the tracking is being weird. I read a lot about DHL which freaked me out and I didn't even sleep last night. It was supposed to arrive today but hey no chance. I asked the seller to declare it as gift and she not only did so but then wrote SHOES as for it's description...

Here is goes:

16. Departed Facility in LARNACA - CYPRUS LARNACA - CYPRUS 19:53

15. Processed at LARNACA - CYPRUS LARNACA - CYPRUS 19:44

14. Processed for clearance at LARNACA - CYPRUS LARNACA - CYPRUS

13. Clearance event LARNACA - CYPRUS 13:50
Further Details - Shipment entry is being corrected to reflect the correct arrival movement.
Next Steps - Amended entry will be submitted and processed as normal. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if required

12. Customs status updated LARNACA - CYPRUS 12:38
Further Details - Shipment has been given a release by Customs.
Next Steps - Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery

11. Departed Facility in ATHENS - GREECE ATHENS - GREECE 10:20

10. Transferred through ATHENS - GREECE ATHENS - GREECE 10:18

So my question is what on earth is gonna happen?
Why did DHL sent me e-mails for Clearance Event and nothing after?
Why did the package then "Processed for clearance" and then "Departed Facility"? Is that something positive?

Current feels:
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Heyall *HELP WITH %#@$ DHL HELL..."

Was this item by any change a branded item?

If so, then its very unlikely to be real if its coming from China

RE the parcel. Have you asked DHL what is going on?

To me it looks like its on it way to you in with delivery being Monday / Tuesday
Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - best bet is to contact DHL and find out the truth.
Old 01-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Tracking info looks normal to me..
only looks like its been in progress for 2 days.
Old 01-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Tracking info looks normal to me..
only looks like its been in progress for 2 days.
This.

I used to be a head of DHL Region in Baltics, for SPC department(Government Server parts, high end IT customers) and we sent out parts daily. One of the weirdest things for me was to track our parcels because of the way they send them- If I sent something out in Estonia on a Monday morning then the tracking showed how it got shipped to Germany first, then to Spain, it paid a little visit to Dubai, UK and Luxemburg and then it got delivered to Finland. I could have driven to Finland, from Estonia with less of a travel time- But the way to transport companies work is not how we think, as they have their own ways, sorting centres and routes that the parcels take, even if its THE shortest distance between collection point and destination. Even when you send something in the same country, just from point A to point B, there is a good chance that the parcel will leave the country and go for a bit of a trip, before returning the next morning- Just the way the things work.

So yeah, chill and I'm sure it'll all be fine, in terms of normal transit time. BUT, given that you ordered something from China, you always run a risk of them opening the parcel just to check the content. If you have ordered branded items, then you always run a risk of causing problems.

China and words like Original, Authentic, Brand New, Branded don't go well together, to say the least.
Old 01-09-2016

Longevity: 53%

DHL get flags raised if you ship anything that may be countrfeited, so it is a NO NO NO carrier for foofoo things, only unbranded or genuine items are fine with them. So, they checked your bag, as there are lots of counterfeited bags around, found that it is non-branded, and let it go.