Ebay was a good and simple idea once - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 07-26-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Ebay was a good and simple idea once

EBay was a simple good idea once.

After being suspended a few times from eBay I have grown a bit tired . There is no customer relations that is worth while and they treat small sellers like cannon fodder.
Ebay is suspending so many small sellers it has not got the staff to deal with it. So they just invent a way of using the seller agreement to cover themselves. A sort of one size fits all approach. Just to shut the seller or buyer up.
Its quite surprising at ebays lack of customer relations towards its small sellers. And buyers ; Almost like there paranoid.
Ebay is an American company and was born in America , So it’s a huge surprise that they have succumbed to treating small sellers that way. ( Americans put the C in customer relations. No one and I repeat “ no one does it better then Americans ) I always remember the 1st time I had a holiday in the south and how we were treated out eating. So well and so friendly. Made our holiday a joy.

Ebay was born quite innocently too. Simple idea, but very effective at the time. Very simple idea to help locals sell their household hang on’s to other people in the local area. A springboard from the cute American idea of the garage sale. ( we adopted that great idea here too) and you don’t have to drive far till you see someone’s unused goods on the front garden or garage. We adopted that from America and it works too..
As a British person I have always had a huge respect for American ways of doing business .

I would say that eBay has been a victim of its own success, And they have broken new ground , they have had to negotiate there way through some unknown territory due to the massive use across the world. They have found that distance selling is fraught with problems. That goes for sellers and buyers too. People have found that its not a level playing field, and the honesty of some people cannot be relied upon . As there is no face to face transaction and if you cant see the person your dealing with, then its easier to just rip them off.
That’s an indictment of the world that we find ourselves in.
So the innocent simple idea is turned into a kind of monster. To try to counter act this eBay have adopted a ruthless way of just wiping out small sellers & buyers at the merest hint of a problem. With no recourse to justice. Thats fine if the people they are suspending are a bit shifty or just bad. But increasingly bona fide honest sellers and buyers are being subjected to the same treatment , thats leading to huge resentment and discontent.. And you can be totally innocent .
So we now have a growning underground of people with a grudge and a hate that wont go away..

that’s fine if that’s what they are intent on doing to rectify the problems. But in the long run people will turn on eBay and you do not have to go far to see the reaction that is building across the world on the net.
Not a day goes by without a blog or news article about people slandering eBay. And it wont be long before the name will be stigmatised and hated right across the globe.
The other problem for eBay is the sue culture that’s prevalent in the states. They have to dodge law suits at every turn. Unfortunately that culture has appeared here too. That coupled with “ health and safety law” ( from our membership of the European union yuk yuk..) Has lead too some school kids not being able to go on school holidays. And outside activities too , because of “health and safety.” So mad it defies logic.

What eBay Is going to turn into I have no idea. But I’m certain they cannot go on the way they are now .
But I have noticed in the last few months that other auction sites are gaining in popularity. Take ebids.
A year ago they were lacking in customers. Now they have hundreds. ( lets hope they continue to grow and give us all a way out of eBay . Lets hope they have watched ebays mistakes and learned to take care of there customers.

Edited by Jason Rhodes

Last edited by badebay; 07-26-2008 at 04:19 AM. Reason: b
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-23-2009

Longevity: 88%

I agree, eBay is dying out slowly and surely. They're so protective of every little thing these days. I remember my very first ebay account went for a couple of yrs before getting suspended. Now I hear accounts get suspended within a couple of weeks due to 'security'.

I think most people use ebay because of the fact that 90% of the world uses it to sell or buy anything online. Other sites are good for this too but don't have as much traffic on their site as eBay does. However, if any one wanted to create the next best auction site,now would be the time.
Old 01-23-2009

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeztkidd1 View Post
I agree, eBay is dying out slowly and surely. They're so protective of every little thing these days. I remember my very first ebay account went for a couple of yrs before getting suspended. Now I hear accounts get suspended within a couple of weeks due to 'security'.

I think most people use ebay because of the fact that 90% of the world uses it to sell or buy anything online. Other sites are good for this too but don't have as much traffic on their site as eBay does. However, if any one wanted to create the next best auction site,now would be the time.
correct, like ioffer
Old 01-23-2009

Longevity: 88%

yup ebay use to be great... I use to make about 8k a month on there... mind you that about 700 or 800 was in fees...

I ditched ebay about 2 months ago... they call me from time to time, trying to get to sell on there again
Old 01-25-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Let's just say, I hope eBay isn't your only way of making money online.
Old 01-25-2009

Longevity: 95%

My first auction was in 1998 for a Toshiba Computer using an Ebay acct I had created only a few hours earlier. It sold for $600.00. I was so excited, I shipped it out the same day. The money went into my Paypal and into my bank without a hitch. I recived and gave my first positive feedback. Ahhhh...those were the Good Ol Day. It could never happen today....So Sad
Old 01-29-2009

Longevity: 98%

From AOL Hacker to Businessman - Everything Shii Knows

This is a funny read.

Last edited by Jonas; 01-29-2009 at 03:42 AM.