WARNING....If you upload old pictures from banned accounts. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 12-16-2015
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default WARNING....If you upload old pictures from banned accounts.

Hello Friends
here is some good information i want you know.
Today i went and start a new etsy shop following the steps from eBay Stealth.
I had old images banned from muy old accounts. So what i did to test was the next steps.

I delete all the exif metatag of all the images i even change sizes.
Once i open the shop was banned 10 minutes later, So i was asking my self how did i got link???? I did not worry i knew was something with the images so i went to other ciber and edit the existing images that got banned with a small logo on each one of them, Guess what... I OPEN THE SHOP AND IS RUNNING WELL.

I think that once we are uploading products the images are detect not only for exif metadata, Looks like does systems have a bot that can scan the images and compare to old banned images, But if you make a small change and put a logo on the image will look like a new image on the bot and will not have problems.

Thank you so much and if im wrong i just want to let you know my solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to manoverde For This Useful Post:
Whitestone (12-17-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: WARNING....If you upload old pictures from banned accounts.

yes, changing even one pixel assigns a completely new hash to each photo. this is known.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
TheMatrix (03-27-2017)
Old 12-17-2015

Longevity: 48%

Apart from changing the background and position, I've also resized the images. No problems until now!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fellix For This Useful Post:
manoverde (12-19-2015)
Old 12-19-2015

Longevity: 81%

I would definitely use the grab on a Mac or snip on Windows. eBay will catch up with Amazon in terms of detection. So it's smart to make altercations to the picture.
Old 12-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

BatchPurifier - Remove Hidden Data from Multiple Files
Old 01-11-2016

Longevity: 47%

Any help....

I fixed everything on pics, but in the properties still showing under the "file" info..... OWNER: PRIVATEPC/(myname)

I removed my name and rename my computer in the registry in windows 8.1 but it still shows as the new computer name "PRIVATEPC"/(myname) on all my pics. Even new ones? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks everyone
Old 01-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
Any help....

I fixed everything on pics, but in the properties still showing under the "file" info..... OWNER: PRIVATEPC/(myname)

I removed my name and rename my computer in the registry in windows 8.1 but it still shows as the new computer name "PRIVATEPC"/(myname) on all my pics. Even new ones? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks everyone
Have you stripped all the metadata off the images?
Old 01-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
Any help....

Thanks everyone
Those are part of the local file properties. They won't be seen and are resetted once the files are transmitted or copied to another computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
Gamble (01-12-2016)
Old 01-12-2016

Longevity: 52%

clearing META data is not enough...Ebay point of view that you should use your own picture as a proof that you have the item that you are selling,,,,question is how we can use stock photo and still Ebay can see it as brand new picture...

Half the answer is ..... https://www.tineye.com/ that website will tell you if your picture is unique or have been used online before.

How you can change the stock photo to a brand new photo..it is easy!!...think
Old 01-12-2016

Hi everyone, I would really like some help, PLEASE!

I got kicked off ET.S.Y and now want to set up to go stealth. However, I changed everything on my laptop, but I started pull up and fix/change all my photos to reload to E.T.SY for my stealth account, but when I look at the Properties, under FILE at the the bottom....it has "Owner: PrivatePC/myname" on every photo. Bought new laptop 2015, I didn't know about stealth so I gave my new laptop my first and last name. Now, I can't get the OWNER information removed from any of my photos? Any help in solving this? I would be ever so greatful!

PS....I have cleaned them and I'm using Windows 8.1. I even went in the registry and changed my name to "PrivatePC" and restarted, but under the Crive, it still shows myname as a USER.

I'm so lost! Thanks for anyone's and everyone's help.
Old 01-12-2016

MM78

Yes, I have stripped everything off the photo and even removed my name from the registry and it is still showing up. BiN4RY (I believe) is telling me I have to move the pics to a NEW computer? I just spent alot of money on this laptop 6 months ago, is there no way to remove all the photo info, or fix my current laptop?

Everyone here is AWESOME! My mind is blown with all the posts I've read. There are some VERY smart people on this site!!
Old 01-12-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
Those are part of the local file properties. They won't be seen and are resetted once the files are transmitted or copied to another computer.
First!! Thank you so much for your help! I'm sorry to seem so ignorant, but will I be okay to upload the files from my current PC or do I have to move all the images to different computer? Is there noway of removing my name completely? When I ADDED another USER, it still shows my actual name in the FILE part of the picture. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

No, I'm telling you to not worry about the file properties, because they're not actually written within the files themselves.

These settings are managed by the local operating system and are not transmitted when you upload the file to eBay.

Last edited by BiN4RY; 01-12-2016 at 03:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
Gamble (01-14-2016)
Old 01-14-2016

Quote:
No, I'm telling you to not worry about the file properties, because they're not actually written within the files themselves.

These settings are managed by the local operating system and are not transmitted when you upload the file to eBay.

Thank you so much BiN4RY, I did read that outside of the forum after asking the question and awaiting a response. It was very kind of you to help me.

Best Regards
Gamble
Old 01-22-2016

Quote:

I'm sorry to ask this of you, but I have asked several others and no one is responding, and I've waited days. I know this is not related to the subject, but I cant seem to find anything about opening a VBA with my stealth info I want to sign up on (specifically) et.sy with. Seems et.sy all ask for ssn and id from start because I'm in US for Direct Chkout. Does et.sy only care if the the routing# and acct # are active and correct. So if my et.sy account is Jane Doe but the VBA has my real name and ssn, isn't this going to cause a problem if the bank get's a deposit in the stealth name? I can't thank you enough for your sharing your insights! You've been very helpful!!