Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > CryptoCurrency

CryptoCurrency Discuss all CryptoCurrencies / coins and their use for personal or business purposes. Bitcoin (BTC) is possibly the best known but there are numerous crypto currencies, this is the forum to discuss them all.

Old 07-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I love the volatility!
Same here, volatility to me = oppurtunity
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

wow 1 bitcoin equals around 250usd??? what factors dictate the value tho?
Old 07-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
N00bs and hype trains.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Callidus (07-24-2015)
Old 07-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
That's actually very low - sadly, compared to 2014
Old 07-24-2015
Banned

hmmm well paper money and PP are risky enough for me.
imaginary digital money is too far
Old 07-24-2015

Longevity: 53%

BitCoins are great. But you should keep your walled very safe, or noone will save you if it becomes hacked. An yes, you can buy a Tesla for bitcons.
Old 07-24-2015

Far too much of a risky game for me. It's all too f@ke as it seems. Crypto currency and all that. Sounds like it could go boom at any time and my money flutter into thin air.
Old 07-24-2015

I followed crypos for a long time, and when I finally purchased, the market crashed heavily and I never recouped. This was when BTC was around $1k/ea. I followed other alt coins, watched a trend of up streams, and right when my money transferred and I was finally able to purchase, market took a dive and never recovered. It's almost as if my money was sitting at the top of the mound and the mound toppled over on it's own weight lol.
Old 07-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
Far too much of a risky game for me. It's all too f@ke as it seems. Crypto currency and all that. Sounds like it could go boom at any time and my money flutter into thin air.
i think to understand the benefits of bitcoin and currencies in general you have to understand "convential" money such as the US dollar for instance.

previously bank notes (e.g £20 note for instance) as we knew it were backed by something (gold) and were simply a receipt that could be easily exchanged during a transaction and save people lugging around gold.

Cutting it short no longer is this the case and hence we have fiat money (money isn't backed by anything).

THEREFORE THE MONEY THAT YOU CARRY AROUND WITH YOU AND IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS ARE ONLY WORTH SOMETHING BECAUSE WE BELIEVE ITS WORTH SOMETHING. iT'S WORTH NOTHING AND HAS NO VALUE ONLY THE PERCIEVED VALUE EVERYONE THINK IT HAS.

So what im getting at is that bitcoin is as "⊗⊗⊗⊗"/ "real" as conventional money is.

Bitcoin is probably less inclined to crash than the current financial sector given the fact that its decentralized compared the current centralized system.

And by the way, the US will crash, its simply a matter of time. If you dont believe me google the AMERO, It's the name the federal reserve have named as the new american currency.

Im not a bitcoin freak and mad about but the facts dont lie.

sorry for being a kill joy
Old 07-24-2015

crypto currency sucks really no one accepts it and it can be tedious to pay some one with it. if your not smart you can easily lose your money sending it to scammers or whoever by mistake its not like credit cards where you just cry and get your money back, if crypto is sent it is gone. Escrow for it is tedious and expensive. BUT ONE HUGE THING is privacy and not all the questions. I want to buy something the source is reliable BOOM send the btc give them an address it is done no your card did not go through no your address does not match the billing address none of that which is awesome.
Old 07-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
crypto currency sucks really no one accepts it and it can be tedious to pay some one with it. if your not smart you can easily lose your money sending it to scammers or whoever by mistake its not like credit cards where you just cry and get your money back, if crypto is sent it is gone. Escrow for it is tedious and expensive. BUT ONE HUGE THING is privacy and not all the questions. I want to buy something the source is reliable BOOM send the btc give them an address it is done no your card did not go through no your address does not match the billing address none of that which is awesome.
Try the Xapo btc card. Converts your bitcoin to cash instantly so everywhere you can use a normal debit/credit card you can use the xapo card.

https://xapo.com/wallet/
Old 07-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustfund View Post
i think to understand the benefits of bitcoin and currencies in general you have to understand "convential" money such as the US dollar for instance.

previously bank notes (e.g £20 note for instance) as we knew it were backed by something (gold) and were simply a receipt that could be easily exchanged during a transaction and save people lugging around gold.

Cutting it short no longer is this the case and hence we have fiat money (money isn't backed by anything).

THEREFORE THE MONEY THAT YOU CARRY AROUND WITH YOU AND IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS ARE ONLY WORTH SOMETHING BECAUSE WE BELIEVE ITS WORTH SOMETHING. iT'S WORTH NOTHING AND HAS NO VALUE ONLY THE PERCIEVED VALUE EVERYONE THINK IT HAS.

So what im getting at is that bitcoin is as "⊗⊗⊗⊗"/ "real" as conventional money is.

Bitcoin is probably less inclined to crash than the current financial sector given the fact that its decentralized compared the current centralized system.

And by the way, the US will crash, its simply a matter of time. If you dont believe me google the AMERO, It's the name the federal reserve have named as the new american currency.

Im not a bitcoin freak and mad about but the facts dont lie.

sorry for being a kill joy
if any of what you say happens I wont give a crap if I have btc or cash, it will be useless without the US currency system kind of like 90% of the worlds currencies are useless without the US. PLus I think the topic of this is not world economy issue it is more people having a few btc buying and selling with it. BTC has opened a huge door for me for my digital sales. I mean I no longer accept anything but BTC for digital sales and magically sales down but net profit is up.
Old 07-24-2015

do not ever accept paypal for payment for cryptos EVER. I used advanced screening software and still have about a 20 percent fraud rate on crypto for paypal. This stuff takes a serious business plan that includes big losses. some cool stuff to look at is cryptothrift.com and localbitcoins.com both are vital to the BTC world. Any questions anyone has just ask me.
Old 07-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

That's everyone's goto argument. Except, it also answers its own question. Only a fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" BTC is worth anything right now unlike USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP, etc. It's barely one step above gamers selling WoW characters to each other. Is there profit to be made? Sure. But, that doesn't mean it's a legit currency.
Old 07-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
if any of what you say happens I wont give a crap if I have btc or cash, it will be useless without the US currency system kind of like 90% of the worlds currencies are useless without the US. PLus I think the topic of this is not world economy issue it is more people having a few btc buying and selling with it. BTC has opened a huge door for me for my digital sales. I mean I no longer accept anything but BTC for digital sales and magically sales down but net profit is up.
good to hear about you increased profits, i understand ive gone a bit off topic but theres a reason other major foreign companies are "investing" so heavily in the USA. They're realizing that the currency is a ticking time bomb, i've analysed 2 year reports and its staggering, people arent investing they're getting rid of their US dollars and instead buying up US infrastructure! Sorry but the US Dollar isn't the universal currency it once was. What currency is? who knows?

Call me crazy but i've done an internship with Deutsche bank and after debating with some fund managers on the matter, got to speak to John Mcarty - Big Data, Risk & FX Technology (not name dropping) on the matter, he actually agreed with me and said his words not mine "were screwed, a meltdown is inevitable but, its about minimizing the damage that will be done, The Federal reserve will most likely encourage the US State to fold (therefore it wont have to pay off its debts) this will cause anarchy and who knows what next"

Just saying, (last rant sorry)

Last edited by Trustfund; 07-24-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
That's everyone's goto argument. Except, it also answers its own question. Only a fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" BTC is worth anything right now unlike USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP, etc. It's barely one step above gamers selling WoW characters to each other. Is there profit to be made? Sure. But, that doesn't mean it's a legit currency.
"A fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" its worth something??? tell that to all the companies adopting it.

Who Accepts Bitcoins As Payment? List of Companies
Old 07-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Hey, We Nerds have feelings too! lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-07-2017), Trustfund (07-24-2015)
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
"A fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" its worth something??? tell that to all the companies adopting it.

Who Accepts Bitcoins As Payment? List of Companies
BTC instantly converted to cash. No one is holding on to BTC...

People in power have no use for it nor would they ever let money exist that no one can control.

Just because nerds use it to buy 1337 h4x stuff on da interwebz means absolutely nothing. No one would trade food, energy, etc. for BTC. All the things that make the world go round. On top of that, you have all these alt. coins now...why? Because someone wants theirs to be better than the rest and wants to be in control.

It has no common place amongst the billions of people in the world, especially for those who have no access to internet, phones, computers, etc. And again, you're going to need to go way beyond the internet for it to be real. Nations, leaders, energy companies, food companies...these control what currency can and can't do. Useless internet money with no control and no protection will never take the place of what exists today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (06-13-2016), GhostOfAmazon (08-21-2015)
Old 07-31-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
I like Bitcoin for the technology and safety vs the US dollar. When Janet Yellen announces in a few months the US economy is too weak to raise interest rates instead they will be doing more Quantitative easing. Well I will be thankful. People who poo poo Cyrpto are the same who said no one would ever use email, no one would ever put their credit card on the internet to buy things, etc. I am very comfortable with Bitcoin in its current range. 5 to 10x fold within three years in my opinion, because of too much drama with everybody's mamma across the globe.
Old 08-06-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
can we safely transfer paypal funds to bitcoin?
Yes you can. I sent PM to you with link.
Old 09-17-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I like Bitcoin for the technology and safety vs the US dollar. When Janet Yellen announces in a few months the US economy is too weak to raise interest rates instead they will be doing more Quantitative easing. Well I will be thankful. People who poo poo Cyrpto are the same who said no one would ever use email, no one would ever put their credit card on the internet to buy things, etc. I am very comfortable with Bitcoin in its current range. 5 to 10x fold within three years in my opinion, because of too much drama with everybody's mamma across the globe.
Couple of hours ago they did not raise the interest rates but eventually they will

Can anyone share how much they lose/win on average when they withdraw from PP to BTC? what kind of tools do I need to use to be safe using that method?
Old 01-13-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
do not ever accept paypal for payment for cryptos EVER. I used advanced screening software and still have about a 20 percent fraud rate on crypto for paypal. This stuff takes a serious business plan that includes big losses. some cool stuff to look at is cryptothrift.com and localbitcoins.com both are vital to the BTC world. Any questions anyone has just ask me.
I use Bitify (Cryptothrift), only buying paypal from people with 500+ positives. Is there a way to stop reversals months later on Paypal?

Do person to person transfers allow reversals the same as business transactions?