Paypal/ebay not linking...but they should - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-13-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Paypal/ebay not linking...but they should

Dear All, I've read many guides about PP and ebay behavior, especially with regards to fingerprinting your IP/OS/etc and subsequently linking your stealth accounts and catch you. Implementing various solutions is essential and works well, until you forget something or they tweak their bots.
But I came across something that nullifies whatever learned so far and I'd like your opinion.
I access my stealth ebays/PP from different internet points/cafes around town. Initially I did it because I didn't have a connection at home, later on to keep stealth.
Now: when I access Paypal, sometimes the email of another user appears on the PP home page. Obviously somebody else checks his account from the same PC and IP. So why PP doesn't link the two and the many other users of the internet cafe, as the fingerprinting is the same for all? I started accessing ALL my PP accounts from the same machine, and nothing happened.
Does PP know it's an internet cafe, so PCs are considered public? Or in certain countries PP fingerprinting is less accurate?
Moreover, when I check my IP at my vacation home, using IPBurger.com, it appears as the provider's HQ in Bangkok, 500 km away.
So the procedures to keep stealth apparently are all unnecessary. But I suppose as soon as a transaction will occur between these accounts, they will be linked and busted.
Any thoughts on the above?
Thank you for reading...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Paypal/ebay not linking...but they should

There is no problem with the account appearing 500km from the actual address.
I get that frequently with Australian accounts.
Old 01-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixxx View Post
I access my stealth ebays/PP from different internet points/cafes around town. Initially I did it because I didn't have a connection at home, later on to keep stealth.
Now: when I access Paypal, sometimes the email of another user appears on the PP home page. Obviously somebody else checks his account from the same PC and IP. So why PP doesn't link the two and the many other users of the internet cafe, as the fingerprinting is the same for all? I started accessing ALL my PP accounts from the same machine, and nothing happened.
Does PP know it's an internet cafe, so PCs are considered public? Or in certain countries PP fingerprinting is less accurate?
Moreover, when I check my IP at my vacation home, using IPBurger.com, it appears as the provider's HQ in Bangkok, 500 km away.
So the procedures to keep stealth apparently are all unnecessary. But I suppose as soon as a transaction will occur between these accounts, they will be linked and busted.
Any thoughts on the above?
Thank you for reading...
PP can know about public IP so it's not good to use those cafes, in general.

What do you mean a transaction will occur BETWEEN these accounts...?
Old 01-14-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 55%

I don't see the "no good" part in all this. Instead of implementing a set of tricks to spoof my login, I can access all from the same machine, saving time and money. It's not supposed to happen but it does. My post was to assess if somebody knows why, not to comment if it's good or not.
Between them means no transaction ever happened between them. They receive/send funds from/to other accounts from people all over the world, but never deal with each other.
Old 02-28-2016

Longevity: 50%

you can run many ebay and paypal accounts from the same computer and the same ip without spoofing anything, but the day you have one account limited, all the other one will get limited too. that's why the stealth method is good because when you loose one account, you can continue using the other ones.