Buyer paid directly through Paypal, address is risky. Should I ship? Need advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-14-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Buyer paid directly through Paypal, address is risky. Should I ship? Need advice

I was selling a device for $550 then a buyer contacted me asking me how much can he pay, if he pays directly through paypal. I gave him a price and my email. He then sent his email and I sent a request for payment to his email He paid and it was a win win for both of us..

The problem is the buyer lives in Germany, he has a reship address located in New castle, DE. Buyer Ebay feedback is great over 1500 and profile is from 2011

Now the reship address he gave me is in DE state, there is a lot of scams going on using that address. Seems although a group of new low feedback buyers is scamming sellers and then having items shipped to the reship address then they ship overseas and then do disputes

Here is 2 of the address. These 2 reships are close to each other
18 Boulden Cir, New Castle, DE 19720
8 McCullough Dr, New Castle, DE 19720

And threads on the matter:
http://badbuyerlist.org/buyer/e859d77f88eb8c52c3ca
http://badbuyerlist.org/buyer/fb96e71a99bd47b56a91

Now the thing is should I continue with the sale or just refund the paypal payment. It seems to risky to me although the buyer ebay profile has lots of feedback and is aged

He paid directly to my paypal, by me requesting money to his paypal, the paypal type said: Instant payment. Does that mean he used Credit or debit card?

What should I do, dont take the chance and refund?

Last edited by golferman; 01-14-2016 at 04:57 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Buyer paid directly through Paypal, address is risky. Should I ship? Need advice

Here is what I have done and would suggest you do:
1. Ship the items to the address
2. Monitor the Package
3. Just before it hits the Post Office, Call the Post Office and tell them to hold the package there for pick up. This will force the buyer to show DL or some type of ID to get the package (might need to send it "Signature Required")
Old 01-14-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Buyer paid directly through Paypal, address is risky. Should I ship? Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Here is what I have done and would suggest you do:
1. Ship the items to the address
2. Monitor the Package
3. Just before it hits the Post Office, Call the Post Office and tell them to hold the package there for pick up. This will force the buyer to show DL or some type of ID to get the package (might need to send it "Signature Required")
He cannot as he is having it shipped to a reship center as i stated
Old 01-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferman View Post
He cannot as he is having it shipped to a reship center as i stated
Yeah...that smells of scam big time to me, also from reading what you posted in the links.....I would not go through with the sale. How expensive is the item?

This is why I don't do sales outside of Ebay personally, people all the time swear how they never been scammed by doing so but I won't take the chance...not even on a $10 item.
Old 01-14-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Yeah...that smells of scam big time to me, also from reading what you posted in the links.....I would not go through with the sale. How expensive is the item?

This is why I don't do sales outside of Ebay personally, people all the time swear how they never been scammed by doing so but I won't take the chance...not even on a $10 item.
$500 item or so.....
Old 01-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

This is not at all uncommon.
I do this all the time with no issues. This is the only was I will sell to my Russian and Belarus customers and because of the Chinese addresses being hard to print sometimes, I am considering it for China as well.

I do a of wholesale business in Brazil and this is becoming more and more common because it saves in taxes and stuff does not get stolen through customs as much.

It also can save them huge money in taxes.

I do make them have the ship to address on the paypal payment itself. Not in notes but as the address to ship to.

Send signature required and the forwarding service will sign for it.
Old 01-14-2016

Longevity: 94%

Yeah I do this alot too. I actually prefer it at this point. Paypal actually comes through on seller protection. Had a guy claim he didnt receive item and it was decided in my favor. Just make sure to let paypal know it was a shipping center if anything goes wrong. You're job is to get it to the confirmed address. Nothing more.
Old 01-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

No, no, no, no.... Be very careful here.

There is no place in Germany called New Castle. The zip codes are wrong for Germany. i know this as I have lived there.

That place is New Castle Delaware. Zip code is 19720

Check with Google yourself.

Reconsider the deal...

Good Luck

Old 01-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I send small parcels to 8 McCullough Dr, New Castle, DE 19720 almost daily. I'm not even kidding. Here's a screenshot from my stamps.com software, from today:

The other one I haven't heard of, but this one I can vouch for. I've sent hundreds of parcels there. I feel safer shipping to a forwarding service than shipping with USPS international
Old 01-14-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
No, no, no, no.... Be very careful here.

There is no place in Germany called New Castle. The zip codes are wrong for Germany. i know this as I have lived there.

That place is New Castle Delaware. Zip code is 19720

Check with Google yourself.

Reconsider the deal...

Good Luck

LOL The New Castle city is in Delaware not Germany as i stated, not sure how you got it confused as I never stated it was in germany

And to others Im more worried about buyer claiming broken or not as described or the famous "Box Empty"
Old 01-15-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I send small parcels to 8 McCullough Dr, New Castle, DE 19720 almost daily. I'm not even kidding. Here's a screenshot from my stamps.com software, from today:

The other one I haven't heard of, but this one I can vouch for. I've sent hundreds of parcels there. I feel safer shipping to a forwarding service than shipping with USPS international
Yea but how much is your product?
Old 01-15-2016

Longevity: 51%

I can only speak for myself.

I am guessing that's a mail forwarding service. There is a service in Florida and California I've sold items to. Including a $5,000 item with no issue.
Only once had I had an issue but that was because of a bad buyer who didn't understand English lived in Middle east and didn't read my listing correctly.

Of course ebay was siding with her, but after I mentioned the buyer lives in a country I don't even ship to and the address in Florida is a mail forwarding company she used to get my item. The agent looked up address and confirmed it was mail forwarding company and automatically decided case in my favor. Ebay basically said they don't cover mail forwarding companies packages because they don't know if I shipped it correctly and the mail forwarding company messed up the package or if I mailed it messed up.

Honestly I think greedy ebay is just trying to get people to use their global ship program, i am sure if buyer used global ship program than I wouldn't have lost case because "ebay would never mess up handling and forwarding a package"
Old 01-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

If you think it is a scam why would anyone gamble $500 on it! Punt and find another buyer. If you know it is potential and scam and get scammed all the blame rests on you.

Secondly, I must say props for the badbuyerlist.org. Checking that out, never heard of it before.

Last edited by vogeltron; 01-15-2016 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

What do your tracking say? When i sent mines it went to Newark instead of new castle. Now the scammer is saying he didnt get it even though it was signed by a agent

Screenshot by Lightshot

Last edited by golferman; 01-28-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

If you shipped to the address supplied on the paypal payment, that is all that matters, you will win the case.
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
If you shipped to the address supplied on the paypal payment, that is all that matters, you will win the case.
I didnt ship directly through paypal, I went to the post office and bought a label.

The post office said it was a mistake by their postal worker and they said they updated the changes and he could see it in their internal website and told me to wait for it to change on the external website.

So as of right now becuase of the postal office mistake, I may be out of money

Last edited by golferman; 01-28-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I didnt ship directly through paypal, I went to the post office and bought a label
Thats ok as long as it was to the address on the paypal payment and can prove delivery.
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Thats ok as long as it was to the address on the paypal payment and can prove delivery.
How can prove delivery if it says it went to another border city a few miles away?

look at the tracking
Screenshot by Lightshot

The city it was suppose to go to was New Castle which it was when it was out for delivery but instead the postal worker entered in the wrong zipcode when the agent signed for it which caused it to say it was delivered in another city next to the city
Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
How can prove delivery if it says it went to another border city a few miles away?

look at the tracking
Screenshot by Lightshot

The city it was suppose to go to was New Castle which it was when it was out for delivery but instead the postal worker entered in the wrong zipcode when the agent signed for it which caused it to say it was delivered in another city next to the city
Sounds like you have a postal claim then. I have never herd anything like that.
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Im going to sue them for this lost!

LOL

Where can i file a complaint/claim

This is terrible. I serious might do a lawsuit

There have been cases of this before somewhat from my research or package getting delivered to another city

I should have recorded the work admitting it was there mistake
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
hum I forgot I saved the receipt from postal office that shows the same tracking number and New Castle as the destination!

This could prove the mistake!!