Stealth Guide & Paypal Question Please... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-17-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Stealth Guide & Paypal Question Please...

Happy Sunday to All....

First question:
I hope an experienced stealther out there can help me out, please. How do I confirm that the stealth guide is as up to date as possible? I am very interested in purchasing the guide finally but it seems that lately there are some new security processes that paypal has changed to make it more difficult for stealthing. I always purchase my accounts from the same seller here on aspkin. But.... lately there have been some issues. The largest problem I'm running into is the phone verification process via paypal. Please excuse me if I am incorrect but from the research I've been doing it seems that if you do not have access to the original phone number used to create the account than your screwed! Praying someone can advise on a way around this?

I purchased two accounts recently that were over a year aged. You would think this would be helpful but because they are so aged and haven't been used in awhile; paypal is forcing me to do a phone verification. Well, I do not have the phone originally used to open the account. I attempted to update the phone number with a new tracfone (registered in the stealth info) and I continue to receive an error from paypal stating that the device does not appear to be registered in my name. I've gone back and forth with paypal many times and at the beginning they continued to tell me to try again in a few hours or the next day but nothing ever worked. I ended up having to get stealth documentation which I uploaded but my account is still being blocked. It's not limited but it's just taking me in circles! I do not believe I will ever be able to access the account.

Anyway, I want the Stealth Book but how do I know if this topic is covered? And/or other recent advances in ebay/pp's security measures? I would think the book isn't updated on a weekly basis. If it is then whomever the author of the book is; is doing a hell of a job!!! I'd really would like to know that the phone verification topic is covered before I purchase the book. In the meantime, I would love to hear from anyone that has any advice on how to conquer this situation! Also, is it possible to use a different phone number between your stealth ebay account and your stealth paypal account? I would think it would be an issue but I'm curious if it is. I do not have any issues when adding the new tracfone number to ebay for text verification. So, I'd have the new number verified on ebay but if I cannot get it to verify on pp and I end up being able to use something different then it would force me to have two different numbers. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. I know this is a lot of info at once and I'm probably confusing the heck out of people with what I'm trying to say. Sorry

Lastly, thank you all so much! This forum has been such a useful tool and I do not know where I would be without it. Thank you to all....

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-17-2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: not the right place for this
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-17-2016
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Stealth Guide & Paypal Question Please...

Quote:
I attempted to update the phone number with a new TracFone (registered in the stealth info) and I continue to receive an error from paypal stating that the device does not appear to be registered in my name.
This confuses me... do you mean to say you don't have the original number registered with the account? You said you changed the phone number on Paypal? with a new TracFone? matching the stealth info? Do you mean during TracFone registration, you matched the name of the Paypal?
Old 01-17-2016
Banned

If you read the first Stealth Book and understand the basics of not getting linked, that's a major step. Now all you got to do is stay updated on the forum because that's where you get the most current news on what's going on.
Old 01-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

This is one of the reasons I would much rather buy a new account rather than an aged one. Unless you are able to get the IP/Browser/cookies/etc of the original account owner, you're bound to run into problems like this. I've been getting the same error message while trying to add a new bank account to my year old account. I think you are more prone to security checks when dealing with an established account. Probably because paypal assumes an aged account will not need to be changed, and attempts to do so could be fraudulent. So they're just covering their own butts.

Anyway, let me know if you find a way around phone verification. I doubt you will though.. they're pretty unreasonable when it comes to that.
Old 01-17-2016
Banned

Quote:
I think you are more prone to security checks when dealing with an established account.
You hit the nail on the head. This is how Paypal works, it tries to gather as much info about you over several years or months and when you try to change something, it will give you a hard time.
Old 01-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
This confuses me... do you mean to say you don't have the original number registered with the account? You said you changed the phone number on Paypal? with a new TracFone? matching the stealth info? Do you mean during TracFone registration, you matched the name of the Paypal?
Yes, I did... When adding a new Tracfone I registered it with the stealth info during the activation process. I had no choice since PP was forcing me to do a phone verification. I went out immediately and purchase the new tracfone. But sadly; even with a brand new registered phone PP still stated that the device did not appear to be registered in my name! I do not understand why this part keeps happening because I did put all the stealth details on the new phone number. I read somewhere that if you do not have a landline or the original phone number used when creating the account then your screwed! I've messaged the guy I purchase my stealth accounts from and asked him if he could start sending me the phone that he created the account with. This would be my only hope! I'm still waiting on him to answer my question. I'll be certain to submit any updates here if I can get anywhere with this terrible new phone verification with PP. Thanks and have a good one!
Old 01-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you read the first Stealth Book and understand the basics of not getting linked, that's a major step. Now all you got to do is stay updated on the forum because that's where you get the most current news on what's going on.
Brilliant... Thanks so much! I don't know why that just didn't come to mind! Silly me! I definitely have all the basics down. I'm pretty much all ready doing what you've suggested. Take care and have a good day!
Old 01-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head. This is how Paypal works, it tries to gather as much info about you over several years or months and when you try to change something, it will give you a hard time.
Wow, and I'm sitting here spending more $$$ for aged accounts. I was just telling my husband that it seemed so odd to me! We seem to do better with our starting limits and not being hounded so much when it is newer accounts. I am so glad that I have become aware of this. Good lesson learned. Too bad it was an expensive one! Oh well, it'll pay off in the end. Each screw up is a new learning experience! Thanks for responding to my post. I greatly appreciate it! Have an awesome day!
Old 01-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
This is one of the reasons I would much rather buy a new account rather than an aged one. Unless you are able to get the IP/Browser/cookies/etc of the original account owner, you're bound to run into problems like this. I've been getting the same error message while trying to add a new bank account to my year old account. I think you are more prone to security checks when dealing with an established account. Probably because paypal assumes an aged account will not need to be changed, and attempts to do so could be fraudulent. So they're just covering their own butts.

Anyway, let me know if you find a way around phone verification. I doubt you will though.. they're pretty unreasonable when it comes to that.
Hi Phaz0rz, Thanks for the PM. I tried to reply to you but I wasn't allowed to for some reason. I guess I'm still too new of a user. I've been signed up for a while but unfortunately I don't have time to visit as often as I'd like. I probably need to spend some more time on the site to be able to have the advantages that others do on this great forum!

Anyway, I am just going to paste my reply here:

I'm so scared now to make any movement on paypal! This is my "bread and butter" and if I do not have a steady flow of income coming in then I'm screwed. I have two little girls so I cannot allow this to happen! I will be needing to attach a bank account to this newer paypal that I'm currently using. Now, after reading your message I'm scared too death! I'm wondering if I should just ditch this new account.

I will try your suggestion when the time comes. I'll have nothing to loose at that point because if there at the point where they are asking for phone verification then I know there isn't much else I'm going to be able to do! I'll be at the end and so close to being another "device not registered in your name" statistics!

I've asked the guy I purchase accounts from if it might be possible for him to start sending me the phone that he used to create the account with. It's the only solution I can come up with at the moment. That would fix all of this crazy!

I can't believe you had four BOA account's go down! That's terrible! I feel so bad for you! Why did 4 of them get banned. Was that because you had 4 pp account's and all 4 of them got shut down? I need to start having more backup's! I couldn't imagine the devastation you feel from having!

Thank you again so much for taking time out of your busy day to lend me a hand. Fingers crossed we can get over this hurdle! Thank you again and I don't know how to thank you enough! Have a good one!