EIN and Etsy verification - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 01-24-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default EIN and Etsy verification

I've tried to search for ein info but it won't show in the search.

Can anyone tell me if when I switch to direct checkout on etsy, what they check for?

If I use an EIN then will they ask for a copy of my drivers license? How do I sign up for an EIN for the sole use of etsy stealth? A walk through or link would be great since I can't search for EIN.

If I use a social, what will they check? I know using someone else's info is frowned upon but my sister would be willing to go into business with me and help as a side job. She lives with my mother which is an address I've used before on etsy. When I use her social with a po box/address and a business bank account in her name, will etsy be able to see any of her other addresses she has lived and link my name from the banned account? Or do they just check to make sure her bank account is legit and she is who she says she is with a social?

I sure hope that makes sense.

I do have paypal up and going but I worry that they will so force everyone to make the switch and I need a plan
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2016

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: EIN and Etsy verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk85 View Post
I've tried to search for ein info but it won't show in the search.

Can anyone tell me if when I switch to direct checkout on etsy, what they check for?

If I use an EIN then will they ask for a copy of my drivers license? How do I sign up for an EIN for the sole use of etsy stealth? A walk through or link would be great since I can't search for EIN.

If I use a social, what will they check? I know using someone else's info is frowned upon but my sister would be willing to go into business with me and help as a side job. She lives with my mother which is an address I've used before on etsy. When I use her social with a po box/address and a business bank account in her name, will etsy be able to see any of her other addresses she has lived and link my name from the banned account? Or do they just check to make sure her bank account is legit and she is who she says she is with a social?

I sure hope that makes sense.

I do have paypal up and going but I worry that they will so force everyone to make the switch and I need a plan
I sure hope you get a response, I've been trying to find this info out for a while from the powers with all the knowledge, but I believe they are busy with their own business, lucky them! I've been off et.sy for 4 months because of a competitor who is still selling the same kids items! It really sucks. I was in the process of going the business route, but now that seems not likely either!! Good luck!
Old 01-29-2016
MU

Longevity: 82%

You can't use an EIN and don't use friends/family SSN's. There's other methods mentioned you need to do.
Old 02-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
You can't use an EIN and don't use friends/family SSN's. There's other methods mentioned you need to do.
I've searched every listing looking for the information your referencing but I can't seem to find a way to stealth et.sy now.

1. Can't use EIN unless you provide DL and proof of address
2. Have to have a US Bank account that can be verified.
3. The Stealth Book does not help because I'm not an ebay user and most does not apply to et.sy in it's current state after the changes in Dec 15.

If there is a post I need to review pls advise, I can't find.

Using other info is not right and I will just have live without et.sy if there is not a way to get back on with a VBA for USA customers. Payoneer can't be used for US, correct? Do you know anything about PTShamrock? I know they are expensive, but they have VBA w debit cards.

Thank you for your time and ANY point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by Gamble; 02-02-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-05-2016
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
I've searched every listing looking for the information your referencing but I can't seem to find a way to stealth et.sy now.

1. Can't use EIN unless you provide DL and proof of address
2. Have to have a US Bank account that can be verified.
3. The Stealth Book does not help because I'm not an ebay user and most does not apply to et.sy in it's current state after the changes in Dec 15.

If there is a post I need to review pls advise, I can't find.

Using other info is not right and I will just have live without et.sy if there is not a way to get back on with a VBA for USA customers. Payoneer can't be used for US, correct? Do you know anything about PTShamrock? I know they are expensive, but they have VBA w debit cards.

Thank you for your time and ANY point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!
Just don't use direct checkout. Pretty simple solution after that.
Old 02-07-2016

Quote:
Just don't use direct checkout. Pretty simple solution after that.
Thank you for the help, but et.sy MAKES everyone use Direct Checkout now! You do not have a choice! You can add PPal but you have to sign up for DCkout
Old 02-13-2016
MU

I hadn't setup a shop in the last little bit, looks like four more areas are on lock-down to bypass the use of direct checkout. Hmm.
Old 02-13-2016

Longevity: 67%

No idea how etsy works but on pp, some people put in random SSNs to unlock their PP accounts and then upgrade to business and attached EIN... once you add a SSN for direct checkout, can you add a EIN afterwards? thus all 1099k gets reported to the EIN??

Sounds sketchy I know, but just an idea for you folks.
Old 02-13-2016
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
No idea how etsy works but on pp, some people put in random SSNs to unlock their PP accounts and then upgrade to business and attached EIN... once you add a SSN for direct checkout, can you add a EIN afterwards? thus all 1099k gets reported to the EIN??

Sounds sketchy I know, but just an idea for you folks.
I don't think that works as they ask questions/double check names like a credit report.
Old 03-13-2016

Longevity: 50%

I would use your sister's you can make her a real part of the business, do not sell over 2000 items that is where the real problem starts, use ONLY direct check out open a new bank account or use your sisters, do not use your SS do not use paypal at all, use your sister's address and change IP, since the new changes I have been investigating their new practices, take new pics do not store them in your computer, take them with a regular camera and upload them directly into etsy, you might loose those pics, but easy to solve save them in a disk from your camera. Or sell on ebay or try to get into the stupid amazon new market which has become a pain in the ass as well, as they require pictures of samples and they all have to be hand made and they are saturated with a lot of items so they are rejecting left and right and they take forever to even start the progress.
Old 07-06-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Trying to be a vague as possible?
The Following User Says Thank You to YeahWhateverZ For This Useful Post:
ManaKill (11-01-2016)
Old 08-10-2016

Send a message via Skype™ to iestinor

so trying out new stealth that worked for U.k members will post results in the next 24 hours, if you are someone who is trying was to get back to etsy, message me so we can figure ish out
Old 08-11-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iestinor View Post
so trying out new stealth that worked for U.k members will post results in the next 24 hours, if you are someone who is trying was to get back to etsy, message me so we can figure ish out
Good luck, really hope it works out for you
Old 08-11-2016

yeah so far so good been 24 hours still up and searchable
The Following User Says Thank You to iestinor For This Useful Post:
ManaKill (11-01-2016)
Old 08-12-2016

Longevity: 44%

I am in the same boat as you guys. My beginning to be super profitable etsy shop was flagged and shut down. I can use a relatives info, but I was wondering if its possible to get back on a different way, Accuse me for being naïve, this is my first post on a forum.
Can you direct me in the right direction?
Old 08-12-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by iestinor View Post
aww man, I cant message you, until I have ten posts. Can you
message me, if possible?
Old 08-12-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyfedsy View Post
I would use your sister's you can make her a real part of the business, do not sell over 2000 items that is where the real problem starts, use ONLY direct check out open a new bank account or use your sisters, do not use your SS do not use paypal at all, use your sister's address and change IP, since the new changes I have been investigating their new practices, take new pics do not store them in your computer, take them with a regular camera and upload them directly into etsy, you might loose those pics, but easy to solve save them in a disk from your camera. Or sell on ebay or try to get into the stupid amazon new market which has become a pain in the ass as well, as they require pictures of samples and they all have to be hand made and they are saturated with a lot of items so they are rejecting left and right and they take forever to even start the progress.
But what is to stop your shop from being flagged again? All this work, for someone to come and destroy it over and over. Do you know if it helps to list your handmade step by step process for an item, in regards to getting flagged and reviewed.

I was banned and actually gave etsy step by step after the fact and they still denied my return, but I wonder if it is on your main page, will it stop flaggers? Sorry for the ramblings, just trying not to get flagged again, and gain some knowledge from you all.
Old 08-13-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joegrass View Post
But what is to stop your shop from being flagged again? All this work, for someone to come and destroy it over and over. Do you know if it helps to list your handmade step by step process for an item, in regards to getting flagged and reviewed.

I was banned and actually gave etsy step by step after the fact and they still denied my return, but I wonder if it is on your main page, will it stop flaggers? Sorry for the ramblings, just trying not to get flagged again, and gain some knowledge from you all.
Is that why you got shut down? Because someone flagged it as not being hand made?

Gotta love the Et.sy community. Bunch of ****s
Old 08-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
Is that why you got shut down? Because someone flagged it as not being hand made?

Gotta love the Et.sy community. Bunch of ****s
From what I gather, yes. my shop had many similar items to other shops.
Old 09-15-2016

Longevity: 43%

I wonder if they only ask for an ID if they are unable to verify you through the address of your credit card - does anybody know?
Old 09-20-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1000 View Post
I wonder if they only ask for an ID if they are unable to verify you through the address of your credit card - does anybody know?
yeah they will ask for an id. work around is
change your bank info. then change it back again after.
but note that house will get a mail from your bank stating you are changing to that adress.

i think i saw someone had someone make a really good ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id for them I've never tried tho
The Following User Says Thank You to iestinor For This Useful Post:
T1000 (09-20-2016)
Old 09-20-2016

Longevity: 43%

So, pass verification, then can change address on bank acct. cool!