When your Ebay account is "failing" why not just make a second account..... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-29-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default When your Ebay account is "failing" why not just make a second account.....

I have an Ebay account on 90 Feedback. However its failing in the "complienance" section, due to have 4 auctions taken down in the last couple of months.

Thing is, one more hit and I think this account is gone, meaning having to start from scratch, new paypal and ebay.

Now its so much easier to make a new Ebay account, could I just make one, and use it with my current paypal account?

That way I basically have my 5 strikes back with this account. Would this work? You're allowed 2 ebay accounts with 1 paypal account.

Anyone ever done something like this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Do NOT use it with your current PayPal account. Make a new PayPal account for every new eBay account.
Old 01-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Why not? Give reason?

My paypal and ebay account are both activate and working fine. You can have multiple ebay accounts for one paypal account, just when one gets suspended they all get suspended.

Im just saying if I use a new Ebay account with my current paypal account ,surely I will start with a clean slate, as apposed to the 4 bad marks I have on my current ebay account for having auctions taken off
Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

If you didn't know already, eBay and PayPal work together. If you make a new eBay account and use the same PayPal account, they will link both of your eBay accounts because you used one PayPal account for both of the eBay accounts.

And when they look at your accounts they will probably do this... "I see what he is trying to do, lets just suspend him and get it over it."
Old 01-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Well not exactly philly. I know what you're saying but I dont think it will work like that.

Ebay and Paypal are TWO DIFFERENT ENTITIES, so for example if you have a dispute on paypal for an item sold, Paypal are NOT allowed to look at your messages between you and the buyer sent through Ebay. Do you see?

So Im thinking of unlinking my Ebay account to Paypal and then just linking a brand new one.

Please not this is for Ebay.co.uk and not US.
Old 01-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Why ask a question if you already have your own answer?
I didnt mean it to come across like that, as I honestly dont know what will happen.

What I do know, is phillys theory is incorrect, saying because they are linked companies all information is passed between the two.
Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcafc View Post
I didnt mean it to come across like that, as I honestly dont know what will happen.

What I do know, is phillys theory is incorrect, saying because they are linked companies all information is passed between the two.
Ok then look at it this way...maybe I am wrong again

eBay looks at your accound and sees you are using two paypal accounts for one ebay account. Might bring up red flags.

All I know is everyone thats know a lot about ebay and paypal always say use 1 paypal account for every ebay account.

Why not just try it and see what happens for yourself?
Old 01-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Im using 2 ebay accounts for 1 paypal account not vice versa.

I also plan to unlink the first ebay account then link the new ebay account.

I asked because I thought someone here might of thought about doing it before and have experience.
Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Im using 2 ebay accounts for 1 paypal account not vice versa.

I also plan to unlink the first ebay account then link the new ebay account.

I asked because I thought someone here might of thought about doing it before and have experience.
Oh yeah my bad :(

I'm sure someone has before...wait for another response I guess.
Old 01-29-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Well in the beginning, you could use the same PayPal account over and over again without linking occurring. But now we know the rules have changed and accounts become linked usually the moment you make a sale or buy an item off eBay.

What you're asking is can you use a second eBay account with the same PayPal account.

Yes you can, but be aware if ANY of your eBay accounts become limited, they'll all become limited. That's one of the reason why we recommend one eBay account per PayPal account. Another reason why is because the details between accounts should be the same, including your name, and address. If they are off, it could cause a suspension.

It's not recommended, but people do it.

By the way you asked this same question here more then six months ago: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...l-account.html
Old 01-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
What he is asking is...okay I have four violations on one account, I think when I get to five I'll go down. So, what if I have five violations spread among more than one (linked) account. My experience shows that this does not matter - when the magic number is hit, they all go down.

This is not fact, but based on some data.
Thats exactly what I was asking Modee, good thing someone finally understood :D

It might be worth a try, if I unlink this account and just add a new one it might start from scratch.

Im pretty sure from past experience like you say whe I have met the criteria over a number of Ebay account they have gone down even if it was the first hit on that account. But before I have never unlinked the original account.
Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

If i'm not mistaken... it will always be linked even if you "unlink" it.
Old 01-29-2009
Threadstarter  

[QUOTE=aspkin;74153]
What you're asking is can you use a second eBay account with the same PayPal account.

Yes you can, but be aware if ANY of your eBay accounts become limited, they'll all become limited.

I am asking to use a second account. However in paypals eyes I believe they will see it as my one and ONLY account, as at no time will they both be connected to paypal.

I know that linked accounts will go down if one goes down but Im not worried about that as making new Ebay accounts is very easy on the co.uk site. The big problem is if I lose the paypal account making a new one of them is more time consuming
Old 01-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly387 View Post
If i'm not mistaken... it will always be linked even if you "unlink" it.

Either way Im thinking nither account will be suspended until 1 of them hits 5 marks in total. So if 1 has 4, the other can still reiceive 5 strikes before they both go down
Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Either way Im thinking nither account will be suspended until 1 of them hits 5 marks in total. So if 1 has 4, the other can still reiceive 5 strikes before they both go down
If it works that way, that would be awesome! Please let us know when you find out.
Old 01-29-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Ah I see, well there you go.
Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

The best thing to do is have backup accounts. I have built up a database of over 150 ebay/paypal accounts for when I need them. All are unique and can never be connected with any other account. When one goes down, another goes up. There is never any downtime.
Old 01-29-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
I have an Ebay account on 90 Feedback. However its failing in the "complienance" section, due to have 4 auctions taken down in the last couple of months.

Thing is, one more hit and I think this account is gone, meaning having to start from scratch, new paypal and ebay.

Now its so much easier to make a new Ebay account, could I just make one, and use it with my current paypal account?

That way I basically have my 5 strikes back with this account. Would this work? You're allowed 2 ebay accounts with 1 paypal account.

Anyone ever done something like this?
What you are doing is fine.

Many people here are doing the same thing including myself.
Old 01-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadester714 View Post
The best thing to do is have backup accounts. I have built up a database of over 150 ebay/paypal accounts for when I need them. All are unique and can never be connected with any other account. When one goes down, another goes up. There is never any downtime.

150 paypal accounts? Yeah right mate, if you say so
Old 01-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Talking

matt,Of course you can 'rotate' the two eaby accounts linked to the one paypal. Gives a bit of breathing space. Provided the second account stays OK it works. Is ideal for selling in the UK because of having to have a verified paypal account linked. I do this:D
Here's a thread from last year that is most helpful.http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ame-names.html
mattcafc (01-30-2009)
Old 01-30-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
matt,Of course you can 'rotate' the two eaby accounts linked to the one paypal. Gives a bit of breathing space. Provided the second account stays OK it works. Is ideal for selling in the UK because of having to have a verified paypal account linked. I do this:D
Here's a thread from last year that is most helpful.http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ame-names.html
Thanked!

Will try it now. Going to link a different Ebay account and start selling with that. Will post if its a success or not
Old 01-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Go slowly doing it.