" This number doesn't appear to be registered in your name, please try again " - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-27-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Post " This number doesn't appear to be registered in your name, please try again "

For those who have received the "This number doesn't appear to be registered in your name, please try again" message... How did you get your money out of Paypal? (I realize there was a post about this 7 months ago, but I'd like to know any current information people have on the subject). I received this message on 2 separate Paypal accounts created with 2 separate IP addresses.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: " This number doesn't appear to be registered in your name, please try again "

What type of Phone did you have on PayPal and do you have access to those phones now?
Old 01-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: " This number doesn't appear to be registered in your name, please try again "

Tracfone, and yes, both phones are still active.
Old 01-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I had this problem with 3 of my accounts when BoA closed my accounts a few weeks ago. I was able to call in using spoofcard to add bank accounts to two of the accounts. But I've still not been able to add a bank account to my main account.

I've been paying one of my suppliers with Paypal since I can't withdraw.
Old 01-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Here's the weird part... I've had no problem adding Capital One 360 accounts in the past, but kept getting error messages when adding to these 2 new Paypal accounts. I called Paypal and the rep confirmed that Capital One has been "blacklisted". I played dumb and asked if I could just call her back with my "other" bank account information and she said sure they can add it after verifying a few security questions. (Darn! Not going to work, this is a stealth). I waited a few days then tried to buy a $75 item on ebay which went through! I waited another day and tried to buy an item from target.com (I got a message telling me to verify phone number via text so I clicked the 'send text' and got the error message again indicating the phone doesn't belong to me). I then tried to "send money" to my husband's paypal account just to test it out and got an error message again.
I waited another day then tried to buy a $50 item from an online jewelry store and that also went through! Now today I tried to buy another ebay item and it was denied. Do you think it's worth my time opening at checking/savings at my local credit union -- will it let me add it to the account online, or will I get the same error message about the phone?
Old 01-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I think if you got a checking or savings account with a bank (or credit union) that paypal likes, you could probably easily attach it to your paypal. The one account I was never able to add a bank to is a year old EIN-attached account with sales in the 6 digits. The 2 newer accounts (with far fewer sales) were pretty simple. I just called in and talked to a robot who added the new bank accounts for me. I think the volume of sales on my main account is the reason I'm having such a hard time adding a new bank account.

If your account has never had a bank attached, I don't think you will even need to call in. It's usually easy to add the first bank account, if you use a bank Paypal likes.