PayPal limit + possible permanent suspension. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-27-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default PayPal limit + possible permanent suspension.

So I've recently been in contact with the executive office in regards to my paypal account. After exchanging several emails, and stating I will take further action to sue them, they told me that they will be permanently limiting my account if I cannot provide, or am unwilling to provide documentation (invoice, id, and utility bill).

I already know that what they're doing is illegal, and I have stated it several times. Yes, they have the right to request information, but first and foremost, they don't have the right to withhold, and steal property from an individual without providing some sort of evidence to their claims.

Does anyone know of any tricks, or ideas to help me with this paypal? It's a stealth and there's quite a bit of money on it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: PayPal limit + possible permanent suspension.

You cannot sue them for closing your account. Nothing illegal in that.
Old 01-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Their terms and conditions allow them to operate in this manner - sucks for permanent limitation but 180 days in general to wait before disbursement then...
Old 01-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%

Sue them for withholding my property without any sort of evidence, yes. If they permanently limit, can I still get my funds after 180 days or do they absolutely just steal it?
Old 01-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

PayPal won't "steal" your money. What happens is, if PayPal has reason to believe the account is not real, that you are trying to claim money in someone else's name (which, let's face it, you ARE) then they will escheat the money to the state.

That is what happens with "unclaimed" property. They send the money to the state the account is in and give them the information they have on file. To get that money, you would then have to file a claim with the state that is holding the funds. And yes, you WILL need proper ID. So, that money if effectively GONE.

PayPal RARELY does this as it is a pain in the you-know-what for them. So, most of the time you can get your money in 180 days. But if you push them, demanding they release the money YESTERDAY!!! then they WILL escheat the funds and you are just out of luck.
Old 01-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

I love when people try to use the "ill sue" tactic on a multi billion dollar company like paypal... You are a tiny nuisance.... This may work on the elderly couple next door. however, they have top lawyers and are highly protected in terms you agreed upon when you signed up...

Just look at Amazon... They keep money all the time... Consider it lucky that PP release money after 180 days.
Old 01-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Yeah, approaching a large company like eBay or PayPal and demanding things from them under the threat of a lawsuit is not really the smartest way to approach the situation. Trust me, corporations have teams of lawyers that go over every single policy they have to make sure everything is legal. And some things we do not know if they are legal or not, until a court has ruled on that particular issue. Even then, it may only apply in the court district the ruling was issued in.

I would first approach them an ASK for what you want. If you feel you are being wronged and cannot get anywhere with them, file a complaint with the BBB. You would be surprised how many people have good outcomes with that. PayPal may just do what you want to get you to go away.

And if you really DO think you have a lawsuit, then speak with an attorney. They can confirm if you have a case or not.

But just calling them and threatening a lawsuit... That won't work. How many times each day do you suppose an eBay or PayPal rep hears that threat? They don't care. eBay has many attorney who are their full time employees and most likely has business attorneys on retainer in every state in the country. They do not fear you.
Old 01-28-2016

Longevity: 47%

I guess this proves the suggestion: DO NOT leave a lot of money on a stealth Paypal account....ever....I know this comment is not going to help the OP but this is the way it is.
Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negus 0 View Post
So I've recently been in contact with the executive office in regards to my paypal account. After exchanging several emails, and stating I will take further action to sue them, they told me that they will be permanently limiting my account if I cannot provide, or am unwilling to provide documentation (invoice, id, and utility bill).

I already know that what they're doing is illegal, and I have stated it several times. Yes, they have the right to request information, but first and foremost, they don't have the right to withhold, and steal property from an individual without providing some sort of evidence to their claims.

Does anyone know of any tricks, or ideas to help me with this paypal? It's a stealth and there's quite a bit of money on it.
They do have that right.

When you created that stealth account and pressed ENTER, you agreed to their T & S...

All the choice little things they do to protect themselves were implied by default in the T&S.